Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 10:18 AM        Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Seems like they're finally on the right track, but knowing Team Sonic you can never be sure. Having an episode format is quite weird.

Anyways, looks great so far.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM       
They've made bad 2D Sonic's before. And more reboots than any franchise should be allowed. The fact that it's episodic DLC makes me wonder if this was
made by their B Team.

Plus, new Sonic model + homing attack = not old school. I really. Don't think they've learned a damn thing

Fucking Finland
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM       
I would've loved to see this game look like the good old Mega Drive versions but fuck it, after all the shit the franchise has gone through, it's a breath of fresh air to see them atleast try to return him to the original style.

Don't know about homing attack, there's not really any purpose for it in a 2D platformer. Then again, every classic sonic game has introduced a new move, so I'm curious to see how it will work.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM       
honestly, I never cared after the second one
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM       
The episodic approach is the only thing making me not want this automatically.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:01 PM       
Fuck. It looks like it will play well enough, but Sonic looks retarded as is usual now.
has a woody
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
Don't know about homing attack, there's not really any purpose for it in a 2D platformer. Then again, every classic sonic game has introduced a new move, so I'm curious to see how it will work.
The homing attack was added to the 3D games so that jumping on enemies while moving fast was feasible (...until the targeting fucked up and you were on a one-way trip down a bottomless pit. Which was constantly inches away from where you were standing).

Putting it in a 3D game is like giving me cruise control. I wouldn't be surprised if the Boost Attack made it in. Then you wouldn't even have to do anything. Literally.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
I said it before and Ill say it again. To little to late. Assuming it is even worth creating this thread over. SONIC DIED! QUIT MOLESTING THE DRY HUSK THAT IS HIS CORPSE!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM       
I don't care how much they rape a franchise, if it happens to be fun then cool.
has a woody
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
Rape is always okay if it's fun.

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_rob View Post
The episodic approach is the only thing making me not want this automatically.
Same here. I really don't like the idea of buying small sections of a game.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 12:14 AM       
These games were awesome, up to Sonic and Knuckles.
But now? Now, every time I see a new Sonic game, I want to go find whoever's bright idea it was to reboot a new batch of Aspie rant fuel, and strangle him. With piano wire.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM       
Finally watched the trailer. Why is it when he jumps on an enemy he stops spinning to mario stomp it and then continues on his way? As opposed to stay spinning while killing.

Assholes.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:22 AM       
It does look a little slow...

Also, Sonic and Knuckles was awesome. The DS games; Sonic Rush and the other one were pretty damn good too, I thought.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3 lock in = one of the most fun gaming experiences you can have.

Hyper Knuckles with the screen shake is awesome.
Hyper Sonic where he goes so fast he just crosses his arms while running.
Hyper Tails gets some birds to fly around and pop balloons.
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM       
Sonic 3 & Knuckles is pretty much the best game of the 16-bit era
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM       
I think we've had this conversation about five times in the past few years. Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 was god damn brilliant.

Hyper Tails could fucking FLY.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM       
Calling this Sonic 4 could be it's biggest downfall. If it was just Sonic's Big Adventure or whatever, it probably wouldn't be judged so harshly. But calling it a follow up to the best Sonic games, is going to give it expectations it might not be able to meet.

Not to mention the episodic thing, that really is out of place for this type of game.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3 lock in = one of the most fun gaming experiences you can have.
explain this if you could
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM       
The top of Sonic & Knuckles opens up so you can play Sonic 1, Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 with knuckles. If you play Sonic 3 with S&K in it you basically play through all of Sonic 3 then it continues through to Sonic & Knuckles. If you get all of the Chaos emeralds you can then get the Hyper Chaos emeralds which makes you that much more of a B.A. Also there's a save feature.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:01 PM       
Why does Sonic's run animation make him look so slow.
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 12:10 AM       
Yeah, he does look slow. I'm hoping that that is just some sort of extra CG created to advertise, rather than straight out of the game.

You couldn't play Sonic 1 with Knuckles if you locked it in, it would come up with an error screen of Sonic and gang waving their fingers at you. BUT if you pressed A, B and C all at the same time, you were taken to a secret game where you could play the annoying Sonic 3 special stage for EVER.

Here's what some chump from SEGA has to say about Sonic 4:

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/pr...&mode=previews

Ken Balough: Sonic as a brand is definitely not moving away from our packaged console versions. Making Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I for download is just a new way to offer a great Sonic experience through a different medium.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM       
For some reason I thought you could play as Knuckles in Sonic 1. Was it just the bonus stage pinball game?
has a woody
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Why does Sonic's run animation make him look so slow.
Rumor is that he runs even faster, like the Sonic Advance or Sonic Rush games. Which is a problem, because all you did in those games was hold right and win.

Also, Sonic looks goofy as fuck. Those are some floppyass "spikes". Here Sega. Someone fixed your game for you:

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM       
why is it that sega seems uncapable of doing a sonic game with out screwing something up

SANTO el enmascarado de plata