Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 09:31 PM       
Kevin: "He calls them "trouble makers," but neglects to mention how the Jordanian government butchered thousands of Palestinians,"

True...and now you just neglected to mention that these deaths came partly as a result of the failed coup attempt against what you billed as a "tyranical Monarchy". Cause and effect. You just painted half a picture while calling someone out for doing the same thing. That chip on your shoulder's getting so big it's a wonder you can still type such drivel.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 09:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
True...and now you just neglected to mention that these deaths came partly as a result of the failed coup attempt against what you billed as a "tyranical Monarchy". Cause and effect.
Perhaps you're right, but when the entire thread is dedicated to trashing the Palestinians, is it necessary that I likewise point out their short comings while attempting to expand the argument...?

btw, was the Jordanian government not a monarchy? Was the American revolution merely a "coup"????

Quote:
You just painted half a picture while calling someone out for doing the same thing. That chip on your shoulder's getting so big it's a wonder you can still type such drivel.

Again, the criticisms against the Palestinians have been made quite clear. It was the title of the F***ING thread (no pun intended). Would it have been better if in conclusion I covered all the bases by interjecting "oh, but I still say kill the fuckers"...?

[/i]

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheHerbivore
btw, was the Jordanian government not a monarchy? Was the American revolution merely a "coup"????
Irrelevant comparison. We didn't waltz into England and try to overthrow it because we didn't like it (ie. Palestinians in Jordan). What the Palestinians did would be like be coming into your apartment/house and saying "I don't like this" or "I don't like that" and proceeding to change it when it's not my business to change it. You kick me out, and I would deserve it.
Mocker
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
Irrelevant comparison. We didn't waltz into England and try to overthrow it because we didn't like it (ie. Palestinians in Jordan).
The Palestinians didn't "waltz" into Jordan to pick a fight. Trans-Jordan was intended by many to BE the Palestinian state promised by UNSCOMP in 1947-48. BTW, current Israeli PM Ariel Sharon in fact SUPPORTED the Palestinian revolt in Jordan, because he wanted to have an excuse to get rid of the refuge camps in the West Bank.

Quote:
What the Palestinians did would be like be coming into your apartment/house and saying "I don't like this" or "I don't like that" and proceeding to change it when it's not my business to change it. You kick me out, and I would deserve it.
Talk about irrelevant comparisons....
Mocker

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:15 PM       
Kevin, I'm not sure but I swear you just admitted you're an apologist and tried to justify it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW. The typical West Bank Arab called themselves Jordanian not Palestinian.
Mocker
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Kevin, I'm not sure but I swear you just admitted you're an apologist and tried to justify it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Tell me what part you're reffering to, and I'll gladly answer your question.

Quote:
BTW. The typical West Bank Arab called themselves Jordanian not Palestinian.
BTW. I'm friends with a few Jordanians who most certainly call themselves Palestinians. Talk about identity crisis, huh? :/
Mocker

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:32 PM       
That explains the "waltzing" in Jordan, so how about the failed coup attempts in Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon?

Did Sharon support the coup attempt? I seem to recall Israel being active in stopping it. Israelis loved the Jordanian King the way they loved Sadat...and for the same reason. They were hardline Arab leaders who changed their thinking and attempted to negotiate for peace. Jordan eventually granted the right of return to Palestinians, and now 70% of them hold citizenship (but I'm sure they're still "refugees" at heart right?) . Also - it's a little known truth that Arafat turned down an Oslo style land for peace deal with Jordan that would have ended the conflict.

One more point ... the coup attempt wasn't a revolutionary uprising by the oppressed and undertrodden, it was in "their name".
Mocker

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:39 PM       
If we're talking about an identity crisis, let's also mention a few of the Iraqis, Egyptians, Kuwaitis, Syrians, Saudis, and Yemenites amongst others who ALL call themselves Palestinian when the mood strikes. Some of them even move to Gaza, which accounts for the population double within the past 8 years. To some, Palestinian is code for "Killing Jews".
Mocker
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
That explains the "waltzing" in Jordan, so how about the failed coup attempts in Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon?
These ALL rest SOLELY on the shoulders of the palestinians (or the "Jordanians," since you don't believe there is a Palestinian, right?). Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon are yet agaoin three other countries that oppress those who they see as "lower," and are likewise highly undemocratic. Are you justifying such regimes? Are you an apologist?

Quote:
Did Sharon support the coup attempt? I seem to recall Israel being active in stopping it. Israelis loved the Jordanian King the way they loved Sadat...and for the same reason. They were hardline Arab leaders who changed their thinking and attempted to negotiate for peace.
Sharon always spoke of Jordan as the Palestinian homeland. If the Palestinians took the country, it'd solve his problems.

Also, I'm fairly sure that Israel would lke just about ANYBODY who wouldn't want to go to war with them. Of course, why would Jordan need to go to war, they got their little piece of the pie in 48, right?

Quote:
Jordan eventually granted the right of return to Palestinians, and now 70% of them hold citizenship (but I'm sure they're still "refugees" at heart right?)
There are more Israeli "citizens" living abroad than there are actually living in Israel. I guess that means they shouldn't have a state, huh? :/

Quote:
Also - it's a little known truth that Arafat turned down an Oslo style land for peace deal with Jordan that would have ended the conflict.
No doubt, Arafat is a bastard, and the PA are in a position where they should take what they can get for the Palestinian people. Incidently, on what grounds did he reject the offer....?

Quote:
One more point ... the coup attempt wasn't a revolutionary uprising by the oppressed and undertrodden, it was in "their name".
Mocker
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
If we're talking about an identity crisis, let's also mention a few of the Iraqis, Egyptians, Kuwaitis, Syrians, Saudis, and Yemenites amongst others who ALL call themselves Palestinian when the mood strikes.
Certainly, but is this not the nature of nationalism? The Palestinian "identity" became common with the influx of Jews making aliyah to Mandate Palestine. The Israeli people were ironically the creators of what would be their biggest crisis.

Quote:
Some of them even move to Gaza, which accounts for the population double within the past 8 years.
What's the difference between this, and for example me making aliyah to Israel to be in my "homeland"...?

Quote:
To some, Palestinian is code for "Killing Jews".
Well, can't say I've ever heard of this.......
Mocker

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 01:41 AM       
"What's the difference between this, and for example me making aliyah to Israel to be in my "homeland"...? "

Oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that Israel is an existing and recognized Democratic country?
Mocker

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:23 AM       
"There are more Israeli "citizens" living abroad than there are actually living in Israel. I guess that means they shouldn't have a state, huh?"

Right, and when Israelis with dual citizenship start collecting money from the UNRA you can equate the two. In the meantime, at least 70% of Palestinians are technically no longer refugees. A sham is a sham.

"Sharon always spoke of Jordan as the Palestinian homeland. If the Palestinians took the country, it'd solve his problems. "

Interesting, but that's not what happened. Israel sided with their Jordanian allies and aided them. Sharon was merely a military man at the time, no matter what his stance might have been.... he earned his "bulldozer" moniker on the mission.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 11:38 AM       
The whole mess makes me glad to be agnostic. Lucky for me, I don't get many instructions from God telling me to kill my neighbor. I'm waiting patiently though.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM       
Rev. Danno: I'm not sure YHVH likes you!
Mocker
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:30 PM       
Quote:
Oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that Israel is an existing and recognized Democratic country?
Since when has this had anything to do with nationalism??? Did the Jews have a "recognized democratic country" BEFORE 1948, while the immigrations occured in mass....?
Mocker
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Quote:
Right, and when Israelis with dual citizenship start collecting money from the UNRA you can equate the two. In the meantime, at least 70% of Palestinians are technically no longer refugees. A sham is a sham.
I equate the two because you said they hold Jordanian citizenship, despite identifying as Palestinians. There are American Jews who fly to Israel and vote in elections, and then come back here to enjoy the benefits of OUR system. Do you follow, or should I break it down further...? :/

Quote:
Interesting, but that's not what happened. Israel sided with their Jordanian allies and aided them. Sharon was merely a military man at the time, no matter what his stance might have been.... he earned his "bulldozer" moniker on the mission.
I wasn't reffering to the state's policy, I was reffering to Sharon's. How's that chip on your shoulder holdin' up...?
Mocker

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 03:37 PM       
"Since when has this had anything to do with nationalism??? Did the Jews have a "recognized democratic country" BEFORE 1948, while the immigrations occured in mass....?"

The largest immigration movements to Israel were as a result of persecution, NOT nationalism.

"I equate the two because you said they hold Jordanian citizenship, despite identifying as Palestinians. There are American Jews who fly to Israel and vote in elections, and then come back here to enjoy the benefits of OUR system. Do you follow, or should I break it down further...? "

Do YOU follow? The question isn't duel allegiance. (American Jews are not alone in this priviledge). No matter how you break it down, a lot of Palestinians claiming displaced status do in fact hold citizenship to a country. Their satisfaction with this situation doesn't negate that. American Jews might vote in two Countrys but they're not collecting fraudelent aid from the UN or the EU to do it, and they're not claiming they're without a homeland are they? A lot of money goes towards helping legit Palestinians in need, but it rarely gets to them. This is one reason why, and it has nothing to do with Jews of any sort. Sorry.
Mocker
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:42 PM       
Quote:
The largest immigration movements to Israel were as a result of persecution, NOT nationalism.
Why Israel then? Why all of the immigration in the 19th Century??? Why not Uganda, or whatever African country the British offered (and you can't honestly say they chose a desert surrounded by hostile enemies out of pragmatic reasons). It most certainly was nationalistic.

Quote:
American Jews might vote in two Countrys but they're not collecting fraudelent aid from the UN or the EU to do it, and they're not claiming they're without a homeland are they?
Many Palestinians hold Jordanian residence because they were FORCED over the border, either by scare tactics from the Israelis, or lies from the other Arab nations. Either way, despite taking up residence in other Arab countries, they were still displaced and are still deserving of compensation, much like the U.S. has compensated native Americans who are STILL American citizens.[/quote]
Mocker

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
"Why not Uganda, or whatever African country the British offered".. ." It most certainly was nationalistic."

Uganda? Why not unoccupied Southern California? The reason why MOST Poles, Russians, and also Germans immigrated to Israel as part of the fifth aliyah was Anti-Semetism, and political/economic insecurity. Same with Jews from Egypt, North Africa, and other Jews from Muslim countrys. Jews of South America, and South Africa followed shortly for these reasons as well, and it's the same reason why American Jews rarely feel the need to immigrate all the while supporting Israel monetarily. When German Jews, and Oriental Jews (for the Sa'id fans amongst us) went to Israel, they originally rejected intergration and formed small communities with seperate language newspapers, and other cultural traits. It wasn't nationalistic, nor was in unity with the Zionist movements.

"Many Palestinians hold Jordanian residence because they were FORCED over the border, either by scare tactics from the Israelis, or lies from the other Arab nations. Either way, despite taking up residence in other Arab countries, they were still displaced and are still deserving of compensation, much like the U.S. has compensated native Americans who are STILL American citizens."

The US does not border on Africa, nor has Israel ever bought or sold ownership of Arabs, so it's a very poor comparison.

Jordanian citizenship is voluntary. Nobody FORCES them to take it, and some refuse it because it belittles their cause. Israel HAS actually compensated some Arab Palestinians with compensation. Unfortunately most have little documentation to prove their claims and many signed over deeds in exchange for money. Will Jews exiled from Arabic nations ever see compensation for the billions stolen from them?? Will you rally behind that? Or does your mentality prohibit that?
Rev. Danno is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:32 PM       
I just had to brink this tread back for a little bit...
Fuck Palistine, & fuck you...
there, I don't think anyone will respond...
Oh Raven, Preech can suck my Jewish cock....Nazi Cult!!!
Mocker
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
shat ap.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:39 PM        Re: F*** Paslistine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Danno
I keep seeing these damn kids from the Green Party with stickers that say FREE PALISTINE...
Pisses me off...
yeah, they piss me off too, it is spelled "PALESTINE" DAMN KIDS!!!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:54 PM       
Can't we just put all those nasty bothersome Palestininnians in a big oven or something and cook em?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:18 PM       

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank

It's only our ancestral homeland if you're a biblical literalist. There were folks living there when we moved in. .
Max is right. The Bible and archeology agree that there were people living there before the Israelites.