Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 06:26 PM        Street Fighter 2 Tournament!
Long, long ago, we had a MvC2 tournament here at I-Mock. It was a heated struggle filled with eight (i think) competitors, with Sam (then known as Teh Gay Furry) coming out over me in the final round, which is how he got his title.

We said we were going to set out to do a MvC2 doubles tournament, but it was decided that this would be way too hard to co-ordinate. So, in light of this, I give you another tournament.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER II

Just like the last tournament, anyone may participate. We can have up to 16 fighters, one for each character. After every fighter has been chosen, I'll draw the names out of a hat to see who fights who, and we'll go on from there.

But in order to play, you'll need to get the tools first. I won't give details on how to get them yet, because we're gonna have a vote on whether to play the Genesis or SNES version (We're not using MAME, it gives too many problems.) I like the Genesis version better myself, but it's up to you guys.

As event co-ordinator, I call the best character in the game. Ken. Sorry, you can't use him. Vega, Bison and Sagat are all open though. Go nuts.
Here are the characters:

Ryu - Zomboid
E. Honda - drumming4buddha
Blanka - Mad Melvin
Guile - Supafly345
Balrog - Rongi
Ken - Schimid
Chun Li - Skulhedface
Zangief - ScruU2wice
Dhalsim - King Hadas
Sagat - Sam
Vega - GADZOOKS
T. Hawk - Drev
Fei Long - Ninjavenom
Dee Jay - liquidstatik
Cammy - Jin
M. Bison - Helm

Maybe we'll add a prize for the winner like last time--a title, or maybe Rog'll give a bumper sticker or something. WHO KNOWS

Anyway, post here with your character and which version you prefer, the Genesis or SNES. After all the slots have been filled up (or things slow down), we'll get it started.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM       
Ryu - SNES

That was very funny. Well done.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:15 PM       
Sign me up for Dhalsim, Genesis.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM       
balrog
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:06 PM       
Fei Long on Genesis.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM       
God I wish we could do this with a MAN's fighting game.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 10:14 PM       
haha I've never played Street Fighter for more than 10 minutes in my whole life so I guess I will enter with Major Bison or something just so I can take out the stupidly overpowered character. Genesis version is my pick, also.
Mocker

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM       
http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...wrom&id=162574

everybody use this rom. American version, perfect dump.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 12:30 AM       
I Haven't played since i was 10, but i wouldn't mind giving it a shot with Vega- I played the famicom version, so is that the guy with the claw in American? ;O

I want the guy with the claw. ;<
...for breakfast?!
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 12:46 AM       
Wow, I was expecting Vega to go quicker. He's my favorite character-wise, but I can't do shit with him.

Anyway, still nine fighters left. I'm glad so many people like the Genesis version, it's the only one I can play. In it, though, you have to press start to shift from punching to kicking, since there are only 3 buttons.

Or you can just put it on 6-button mode. But I like the other one better.
Mocker

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 12:57 AM       
6 button mode seriously. not that you won't kick my ass with 3 buttons, but just sayin
...for breakfast?!
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 04:03 AM       
Me and Zomboid just practiced. You fuckers are so dead.

Alright, I decided level-wise, we're going to let you guys pick except in Jin's case. Vega isn't all that great fighter-wise, and one of his only perks is his level and the fact that he can climb the cage. So whoever Jin fights, it's always gotta be in Spain.

It's gonna be single elimination, probably best out of five rounds. The time limit for each match will be unlimited, so there are no draws. Attack power will be kept the same.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 08:49 AM       
I havent played this game in years, but i'll give it a go. I choose Blanka and the genesis version. I have never played online with Gens before, though. :/
Mocker

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:15 AM       
dude I think when you fight vega in 2 player the cage falls in EVERY stage you play in so no worries?

Also, I did some research on bison... I think I'll stand a chance. He's gay with the headjumps but I'll manage
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:58 AM       
I dunno man, like schimid said, we were practicing and we went through all the characters and vega was used a couple times and the cage was only on his level.

And yes, Bison is pretty good.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM       
Well since I was told to... Guile.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 12:32 PM       
neat ;D
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
Vega isn't all that great fighter-wise, and one of his only perks is his level and the fact that he can climb the cage. So whoever Jin fights, it's always gotta be in Spain.
Dude, are you high? Vega is the best character in the goddamn game if you know how to use him ;<

Schimid, really, you shouldn't have people pick characters for a fighting game tournament. It should just be people vs people, and they can pick whomever. Otherwise it's a little stupid, like DDR tournaments that use points instead of Perfects.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM        Re: Street Fighter 2 Tournament!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
Long, long ago, we had a MvC2 tournament here at I-Mock.
It was MvC1

And I'll be Sagat since that's the closest to Ryu I can get.
...for breakfast?!
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Dude, are you high? Vega is the best character in the goddamn game if you know how to use him ;<
Any character could be the best character in the game if you knew how to use them. Except maybe T. Hawk, I don't know. One of Vega's biggest perks is that he gets the cage, I think that should be kept in.

I like the idea of every person in the tournament only getting to use one character. I don't know why. I guess it does kinda suck though for people that're gonna be left with the lame guys. We might change it later, who knows.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 04:28 PM       
TYGAR TYGAR

TYGAR KNEE
Mocker

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM       
oh shit, you're playing Sagat?

fuck
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM       
Well I've been training with Dhalsim non stop for the better part of an hour now and have gotten as good with him as I care to get with a keyboard. I hope I'm not the only one whose going to be in this tournament without a controller.
The Wolf
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:12 PM       
I'm considering whippin' out my sidewinder controller but that might be a little unfair

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:49 PM       
Schimid, you can shut down pretty much anything with Vega's speed.