Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM        Papers you kicked ass on.
I was outside just now and thinking how some of you are rather smart little doobies out there, and I'd like to start a thread where we post our old papers, if they're small enough, or maybe have a link to read it.

I just posted this in general blabber cause I dunno where else to put it. Also, they don't have to be A+ papers or whatever, just papers you think were good, or were entertaining to write.

I got a 94/100 on this short 3 page essay on perspectives (mine was from the sky's perspective), and it's on a music festival I went to and partied my ass off. It's awesome knowing I can go party in the woods with my buddies in Missouri for 3 days, and write an A paper on it. It was short, but my favorite I've ever gotten to write. I also have a paper on the Hajj(5 page) and a paper on Judaism(12, I think), both of which I also aced. PUT EM UP.

Austin Snider

White
Eng 101-07
October 13th, 2010

Life in the Sky
People tend to sit down sometimes to watch people. That is pretty much all I have done as the sky since the beginning of time. For all time I have watched people be born, live, mingle with others, and eventually, they die. For some reason, the people tend to forget this. This is an important fact of life that people don’t realize. People start wars or steal, all of which is not necessary. There is a place that exists where everyone gets along, and not a single angry fight has broken out. This place is a camp in Salem, Missouri. This place is called Camp Zoe, filled with people who realize it will all be over soon. A place where everyone realizes that we’re all the same and where everyone enjoys everyone else’s company. This is something that people fail to do elsewhere and need to start doing.

This place, Camp Zoe, holds events during the summer. There is one in particular I enjoy to watch, this one is called Schwagstock. People fill into to this camp and everyone turns up the music and begins to wander the place. There is a long high hill everyone walks up at least once. This is always a fun experience. All of these hippie people, this hippie tribe of sorts, walk up this long hill. They all begin to get hot as they climb this steep incline. Just as they begin to get really tired, they reach water, a very valued thing at this place. This is where things take a different turn. Everyone cherishes this water from the long walk. There is also a river at this place. People play and bathe here, but they always leave it better than they found it. The people never use harmful soap to bathe; they clean up trash someone has left whenever they get to the river and then also clean up their own trash. People who smoke empty out the butts and save them instead of throwing them on the ground. People actually love the land they live on and try to keep it as clean as they can. These people know that when you pollute the water, or the air, or litter you’re harming everything. You pollute the water you can make people and the aquatic life sick. You have an old car that always pumps out black smoke; you obviously are harming the air supply and anything else that uses that air. When you litter it pollutes the ground and area around and make it not look like how it should. This is quite a new concept to people of this time, to clean up your own mess. It’s wonderful to know there are people who still care and can work together to keep the place clean.

Not only can they work together, but they can all do everything together. A majority of these people understand that, after being together for three days in the forest, everyone is the same. We all were born one day, and will all die on another. We all have parents even if we don’t get along with them anymore. We could all get along if we knew that. Some people at this place don’t realize that fact; however, don’t understand that we’re one. The people that do know we’re all the same simply can walk away with a “Happy Schwag” and a smile and be on their way. If only people could just walk away with a smile outside of this wonderful camp. Sometimes, things in life can get a little tense with people and arguments can quickly turn into a nasty fight at times. In all of the time I have watched this camp, nobody has fought. Nothing really can go sour here. Everyone is so happy and has this feeling of being connected, they simply cannot fight. Somehow, for those three days people know that if you hurt someone, you’re really only hurting yourself. It’s great that people never harm one another here, as the negative vibes tend to be contagious.

However, positive vibrations are also a ripple effect. When you wear a smile and cheer someone up, everyone around you joins in. This place is just like that, except it’s like that 24/7 for three whole days, sometimes longer if you come early. This wonderful place makes even me happy. I try to make it always sunny and warm for the people. I love it when the clouds don’t block me out, and I can see all of the good vibes surrounding the camp. Two or three people here start a game of Frisbee and eventually everyone at the stage joins in. It’s amazing how a few people having a good time here turns into everyone having fun. These people all are so close, even though they have no idea who the person they’re playing Frisbee with is, they love them anyway. There could be one guy all the way over by the stage, the people love him too, and he loves all of them. Melancholy is a nonexistent feeling at this place. Somehow, through all of the laughter, happiness, and especially the absolute madness at this place somehow it all has a point. If we can all get together and feel this wonderful sensation of knowing everyone has had the same conversations, eaten the same food, they all go to sleep, they all live and die, and that they’re all the same. It’s a feeling that is mutual throughout the place, even if you believe in a god, or you’re an agnostic, you know that we are all one and the same. As this mutual feeling of one spreads, they all without knowing it spread this feeling of love, happiness, and peace all around. The good vibes catch and it all snowballs into a feeling that lasts for weeks, even after the music is over.

These wonderful people give me hope of a brighter world, A place where everyone respects everything, a place where people use non polluting soap to clean themselves in the river of a camp so as to not pollute the water, and a place where not a single argument escalates into a fight. This place sounds like a magical fantasy land. It is most definitely not, for I have witnessed it for years. If everyone did realize that in a special way we all are the same and all are one, then we could all enjoy everyone’s company and live happily together. All we need to do is take the positive vibrations everywhere, not just at Schwagstock, and keep the love flowing and the negative vibrations at bay.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan View Post
I got a 94/100 on this short 3 page essay

"Not only can they work together, but they can all do everything together."
Really? I just browsed the first line of every paragraph and saw that. You understand why that sentence is horrible right?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:05 AM       
I wrote a paper on Wes Anderson that my professor wanted to publish, but I never felt like it was worth the effort (lengthy editing process involved.) I probably should, though, considering there is absolutely fuck-all that people have written about him. It'd be cool to be cited by someone else, I think.

Also, with regard to the sentence that Tadao pointed out, I think it'd have been better to say that "they can all do anything together" or "they can do anything together" because you're talking about possible events that haven't happened yet. Most of the time, I critique someone's flow. Things have to rolllllll.
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Really? I just browsed the first line of every paragraph and saw that. You understand why that sentence is horrible right?
I like my message I at least try to send out. If you don't get well then that kinda sucks for you that you missed out on a great time and also that you missed the point of why people go to festivals like that. I dunno if you have, but man, the people are awesome as fuck. You learn a lot hanging out with 5000 total strangers and a few friends for 3 days and you feel completely free (because we were).

The place I posted got shut down, and it's a real fucking drag. When I got home from Schwag, anyone who I was really angry with or not cool with anymore, I always gave a second chance if they deserve it. I wound up reconnecting with a really awesome friend after the first time I went and it was really a big realization for me.

Just be cool to people , no matter who they are, what they look like, or what may have happened before. If you feel like rekindling a friendship, do it, because people change.

And I'd totally publish a paper. My paper on the Hajj was fucking hard, and I'd totally publish it if I had the chance.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:20 AM       
There are student journals for every subject - I highly suggest looking into them and make inquiries.
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
There are student journals for every subject - I highly suggest looking into them and make inquiries.
Why? I dunno if I'd do well with shit like that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:42 AM       
I'm not saying that your message is horrible, I'm saying that your sentence structure is horrible. Look at what you just wrote.

"I like my message I at least try to send out. If you don't get well then that kinda sucks for you that you missed out on a great time and also that you missed the point of why people go to festivals like that."
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:48 AM       
True. I don't really get shit like that. I think if I deliver enough with a message, and have a clear enough point and cite my sources well enough, it's a good paper.

I mean like forreal, I don't get it. I need to learn to fix it I just don't know exactly what is that I'm doing wrong. I write like I speak.

Last edited by zeldasbiggestfan : May 27th, 2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: stoned
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:51 AM       
Get this book. http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Style-.../dp/0130257133

It's the only one you'll ever need and it's a dollar in used condition. If you're serious about writing a good paper as opposed to getting a good grade, then you'd do well to read it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:05 AM       
http://termpaperwriter.org/

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:07 AM       
DONT LET HIM STEAL YOUR PAPERS
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:14 AM       
They can do a dissertation for you.

http://termpaperwriter.org/work_for_us Oh shit, I totally want to do this.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM       
I have a BRILLIANT essay around here somewhere about French agriculture in the 17th century, and if I find it I will upload all 6000 words for your perusal and enjoyment.

Just hold on while I find it!
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM       

This thread is ridiculous.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM       
ZBF, out of curiosity, what class was this essay for?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM       
BANNED

Old May 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM       
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:27 PM       
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
ZBF, out of curiosity, what class was this essay for?
lol English 101. Needed to be 3 pages so I kinda rambled about pollution for a sec. I wish that part was edited or shortened so it'd flow better.

But everyone loved how I talked about good vibes catching on like people playing frisbee at a show. That shit forreal happened. I was fucked up with some buddies at a show (we were playing like shit) and we got a lot of people in the crowd to join us. It was a definite highlight of Schwagstock 43 haha

Either way, this was the funnest paper I've had to write. This semester for English really sucked, and I barely passed with a C. Last semester I fucking aced it.

I don't get it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
You would think an English teacher would have kicked your ass for writing like a 10 year old. Did you blow him for a 93 of those points?
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:15 PM       
Nope!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:07 AM       
Didn't you kill a dog once ZBF?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:07 AM       
I remember that. Dogkiller.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:52 AM       
Not anything too special, but I got a 100 on a paper on Macbeth my senior year. I didn't even read the story. Turns out all you need to do to pass an English class is use fancy words and never answer anything about the plot, bu make it look like you did.
Mocker
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM       
I thought dogs could eat chocolate and it got them drunk. As it turns out no, that is poison. Good thing I only have kitties.