Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 10:29 AM        Kerry helped the Commies win NAM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...0/222651.shtml

The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975 credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory.

In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.

That's why, he predicted on Tuesday, the Vietnam War issue "is going to blow up in Kerry's face."

"People are going to remember Gen. Giap saying if it weren't for these guys [Kerry's group], we would have lost," North told radio host Sean Hannity.

"The Vietnam Veterans Against the War encouraged people to desert, encouraged people to mutiny - some used what they wrote to justify fragging officers," noted the former Marine lieutenant colonel, who earned two purple hearts in Vietnam.

"John Kerry has blood of American soldiers on his hands," North said.

Editor's note:
If you love George Bush – you’ll love NewsMax’s "Bush Collection" – Check it out – Click here Now

--------------------

Because Oliver North from effing FOX NEWS can be considered a legitimate historian. I LOVE the editors note BTW

"In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North."

So Giap said this... according to Oliver North...

Nevermind the TET offensive, or the anti war movement - or the heroic Vietnamese people for that matter - it was Kerry who lost Vietnam for the imperialists.

As I understand it, in his book Giap specifically refers to the events in America following the Tet Offensive in 1968 as causing him to change his plans from negotiated surrender (this is the NVA ,apparantly, and not the VC). Correct me if I am wrong, but at this point Kerry was serving in Vietnam. Oliver North seems to be blaming Kerry, who at the time was in Vietnam and had nothing to do with any anti-Vietnam group.

"John Kerry has blood of American soldiers on his hands,"

What the Fuck? How on earth does wanting to stop the war mean he is responsile for US deaths?