Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 11:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Oh my, Michigan. How did that taste?
Well, he must be serious, to give up the scholarship and a year of eligibility.

A friend of mine is a super-duper Wolverines fan, so maybe I'll ask him what the scoop was concerning the other side.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM       
Nobody likes watching MU suffer more than I do, but I am starting to feel kind of sorry for them. I actually want the rivalry to mean something, and if things keep going like this. It will be years before MU is a threat again.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
Yeah well I'm tired of us losing to UofM all the time. I think the last time we beat them it was on account of a fuck up of theirs at the last minute and not because of any sudden competence of ours.

But really I'm not a big college football fan. If I was I wouldn't willingly attend MSU and subject myself to that torture.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Yeah well I'm tired of us losing to UofM all the time. I think the last time we beat them it was on account of a fuck up of theirs at the last minute and not because of any sudden competence of ours.

But really I'm not a big college football fan. If I was I wouldn't willingly attend MSU and subject myself to that torture.
At the rate it's going, you'll get your win over MU this year.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM       
Highly touted 2005 QB recruit Ryan Perriloux of LSU was booted off the team today for failing a drug test. This kid had all the talent in the world and was slated to start for the defending national champions and he threw it all away, this being his third team violation in as many years. What a bum.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
It seems to just keep getting worse for MU. At first I was sure the coach change would mean big things for the Wolverines. But it seems to be a big mistake hiring Rich Rodriguez.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...0201/805070365

Now he is screwing with agreed upon established traditions. I expect that the MU alumni and boosters will have a few words to say to Rodriguez as well.

Last edited by Pentegarn : May 10th, 2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Edited because "bug things" just makes no sense
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:17 PM       
Wow, as much as I hate Michigan, that actually irks me a bit. College football is based on tradition, and for ol' Dick Rod to fuck with something like that (especially when there is a $500,000 scholarship involved) is just ridiculous. Dick Rod is a joke.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM       
In honor of camps opening in 2 months, I present to you a ridiculously bizarre story about a HS player who so desperately wants to play big time college football that he lies about his entire recruitment process. It's as you say, "out of this world!"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps...nfession_N.htm
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
I remember reading that story when it broke in February. Dumb bastard, did he think he was gonna pull a Willie Mays Hayes move and just show up and be on the team?
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
In honor of camps opening in 2 months, I present to you a ridiculously bizarre story about a HS player who so desperately wants to play big time college football that he lies about his entire recruitment process. It's as you say, "out of this world!"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps...nfession_N.htm
I remember when the kid said, I only said I was being recruited by Oregon because I really wanted to play for Oregon and thought if I said that it might come true.

In that vein, let me tell you the story about the day I hit the lottery, saved Aerosmith's lives, and had sex with Natile Portman... :P
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
A propos of nothing in particular, I once was in line at a 7-11, and this nutso dude approached me, gave me a card and said if I chanted the card's imprinted words over and over (and over and over and over ....) my fondest dreams would come true. Or perhaps you'd be so nutso yourself by that time that you'd convince yourself that your fondest dream HAD come true (or that your fondest dream would be to STOP ALL THAT DAMNED CHANTING ALREADY!).

Maybe that kid should have tried this first, rather than go straight to the media.

In case nutso was right, I'll repeat the words for you all to "chant" at your leisure:

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Have fun.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 07:49 PM       
The Gophers took a huge blow today with news that one of their top recruits, 4 star LB Sam Maresh has a heart murmur and is likely done playing football for good:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/pr...refer=Homepage

This really really sucks as Sam was one of the top linebackers in the country as a prep and was likely to get signifigant playing time as a true frosh. SHITTY.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM       
Seems like a nice catch. Rivals has him as a 4 star and curiously has him listed as the number 2 fullback in the nation.

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=76569
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 11:54 PM       
Interesting article about Mr. Sweater Vest and some curious going-ons at Ohio State. Pent, care to weigh in on this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919258
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 01:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Interesting article about Mr. Sweater Vest and some curious going-ons at Ohio State. Pent, care to weigh in on this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919258
In my line of work I get to see a variety of things in a variety of businesses. If autographed memoribilia signed by multiple Buckeyes were around, I would have seen some of it by now.

But, I have yet to.

Problem is that most of the players "coming out to accuse Tressel of improper behaivior" are all malcontents who are in trouble for various shady acts. They get punished by OSU and Tressel, thhink that is the end of it, then, when they have to be indicted for their crimes, they try to take Tressel down because he "didn't have their back". I think anything from these characters is suspect at best.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 01:51 AM       
Yeah, I found it amusing that the players that were "outing" OSU were cast-offs and miscreants. I'm sure that this whole deal is nothing more than the usual shady and borderline back door dealings that all NCAA schools turn a blind eye to.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:47 AM       
There could very well be much back door shady goings on. I think in this case though, a lot of these "perks" that the players get are given without Tressel's knowledge. I am sure he eventually finds out, but if a car company agrees to give for instance, Maurice Clarette a car to use for an autographed jersey, and Tressel doesn't hear about it until weeks later, other than a slap on the wrist or a brief suspension what can really be done about it? This city has a fever about the Buckeyes that matches Green Bay's fandom toward the Packers. It borders on fanatical worship, and when that happens, people here want to give out perks withot thinking, "hey, this might violate NCAA rules"
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 05:47 AM       
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/200...-palmer-r.html

Carson Palmer is a freaking ass.

Guess NOT winning the national championship (or for that matter, not even getting to play for it) in the 2002 season really got to him. Here's a clue Palmer, if they sucked so bad, why didn't YOU beat them? Oh that's right, you couldn't even win all your games in a season, so you didn't get to go to the national championship.
corporate whore
Dirge is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 01:21 AM       
Buckeye homers are such whiners.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
16 days until the first saturday of what shall be another glorious season of pigskin porkin' pandemonium.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM       
I'm countin' the minutes ....
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM       
Damn, it's been nearly 5 months since the Madness came to an end. Seems just like yesterday that my bracket exploded, sending shrapnel into the right side of my face.

I'll be at my local watering hole 11am central on the 30th, beer in hand.