Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
i happen to mostly agree with McCain, but I doubt it's as rosey and wonderful as the picture he paints. He is attempting to inoculate himself from being called too liberal or moderate in 2008, ESPECIALLY since he introduced the anti-torture bill (did he introduce it? Can't remember). He's playing to conservatives, at a time when conservatives really need someone to play to them.
I agree. Lately, I've noticed there's been excessive public relation stunts performed by the two groups for the reason of either political gain or approval from the public. John Kerry is rumored to have it another go at presidency in 08. Some people are accusing him of taking advantage of public opinion for political gain everytime he publicly denounces Bush AFTER the public expresses opinions on the war, Bush, etc.

Quote:
fair concerns, but I'm concerned that they don't even really care as much about Iraq as they talk. If poll numbers continue to fall, they will begin to care less and less.
My point exactly. It's already clearly evident they don't care about the americans...why should even they care about the Iraqis at all? None of this make any sense to me. But good news once in a while is always comforting even it's bullshit.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:02 PM       
*shrug* Accuse McCain of political maneuvering all you like - he still comes off as one of the most honest, straight-forward politicians in Washington.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:05 PM       
Can you ban people from specific boards or does it ban them from all of them? If so, you guys should just have an "idiot" forum or something to that extent, maybe even general blabber.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:15 PM       
Like an I-Mockery rubber room?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM       
Good article.

One thing stood out to me, though: McCain said an important part of the strategy he outlined was to increase the size of our standing army, but he didn't seem to address the problem of recruiters having trouble meeting their quotas. If he has a strategy for that, I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

Edit: Granted, he said that we need to build support for the war at home, but I'm referring to more specific ideas than that.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM       
I have a lot of respect for John McCain. Whether I always agree with him or not, he is one of the few high profile Republicans that is not afraid to challenge the party line and I appreciate that.

Anyway, as for the recruiting thing, if you take Iraq out of the equation, there is no recruiting shortfall. Obviously its a long term plan, but if you draw down forces on the ground in combat in Iraq, recruiting won't be an issue for the Army and Marines any longer.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:10 PM       
"Like an I-Mockery rubber room?"

Yea, that was my idea. We'll jack it up with jackasses.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:54 PM       
I think it's more the other way round Khal. You can grant access user by user to restricted forums, but the other way round would be more of a hassle.
BANNED

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM       
Ah, I doubt it would work, anyway. They'd be much too shamed.