Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tanuki is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM        Stupid Injuries
Ever done something to injure yourself that was, in retrospect, really dumb? Well, here you go. I'll start with a tale from 2007.

Back then, our neighbors had an outdoor cat (whom we dubbed Leon--we never asked his actual name...) who was very amiable. Sometimes during bad weather we would let him stay inside the house, but we'd restrict him to the basement, so our other two cats, Jasmine and Minnie, wouldn't harrass him. Well, Minnie restricted herself to the upstairs rooms, but Jasmine wandered around the house, so she was more of a problem.

This one particular evening, the weather wasn't particularly bad, but the cat was clawing at the screen so we let him in. We let him go into the basement, but after a moment I heard hissing. I rushed downstairs to find Jasmine staring down Leon. Within an instant, the cats were instantly in a fight, Leon trying to get away. Rather stupidly and in a panic, I grabbed Jasmine.

Bad move.

Next thing I know, Jasmine's clawing and biting the hell out of my arm. There's blood everywhere. Jasmine then runs off, and I'm left sitting there in shock. Mom bandages up my arm and I go to bed.

The next morning, I'm in the shower and decide to take off the bandage. I can't pull it off, and next thing I know I can't breathe. I stagger out of the shower and puke into the sink. Mom comes in and says, "What's the matter?"

Next thing I know I'm laying on the bathroom floor. Mom said I was out for a good 30 seconds. I spent the rest of the day in bed, with a massive purple welt on my chin--it's a miracle it didn't split open. I still have a scar on my chin, though. I also have teeth marks on my arm.

As for who won the battle, it's your call--Leon was struck by a car later that year, while Jasmine lived two more years but died of cancer. Minnie is 27 years old and still kickin'.

TL;DR tried to pick up a cat during a catfight, wound up puking and bruised.

Last edited by Tanuki : Aug 15th, 2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added tl;dr
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM       
Right distal fibia and tibia shattered.

Rainy trampoline + 200 lb friend.

Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Right distal fibia and tibia shattered.

Rainy trampoline + 200 lb friend.
Were you sitting down when said friend made impact?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM       
I'm such a klutz, I don't know where to begin. I've burned myself with acid, set myself on fire, spilled hot tea on my forehead (really!), and most recently, fell flat on a wood pallet really effing up my wrist.

Sometimes I think they should just wrap me up in yellow tape.
You may already be there.

Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I'm such a klutz, I don't know where to begin. I've burned myself with acid, set myself on fire, spilled hot tea on my forehead (really!), and most recently, fell flat on a wood pallet really effing up my wrist.

Sometimes I think they should just wrap me up in yellow tape.
I have to hear the hot tea story now.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
ColFlagg: Hot tea happens. When I was pregnant I filled a cup with scalding water, turned, and promptly ran into a doorframe. I still have vivid red scars from where it splashed all over me.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM       
I once got alcohol poisoning and a sprained ankle and heat stroke after riding a motorcycle while drinking for six hours. I eventually passed out when stopped and spent the next few hours under the bike with the footpeg digging into me. Oh yeah, I got badly sunburned.

It was worth it.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM       
i harmed my elbow triying to reach a magazine while i was on the pooper i was in pain for a whole week :P

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 11:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I have to hear the hot tea story now.
Not much to tell. I had a headache (very bad) and took some "vitamin T" - in addition, I pourred myself a cup of near boiling water from the coffeemaker, then inserted said teabag, in the hopes of getting the combination of caffeine and tannins along with Acetominophen to kill the tension. Heat generally feels good when applied to pain, so I applied my mug (uncovered) to the source of my pain-unfortunately while I was substantially less than vertical. 1st degree scald in the center of my forehead. I looked like I clumsily put a giant caste-mark on myself in the hope of becoming an Indian woman. (Obligatory KITH reference.) A great source of amusement for all my coworkers.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 11:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
ColFlagg: Hot tea happens. When I was pregnant I filled a cup with scalding water, turned, and promptly ran into a doorframe. I still have vivid red scars from where it splashed all over me.
Apparently we have something in common.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 01:35 AM       
i KNEW there was a reason i never drank tea
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 05:59 AM       
hurt my back 3 times squatting
strained my trap like a million times, did it again today doing shrugs
fell down a huge hill when i was a kid, no injuries though
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i harmed my elbow triying to reach a magazine while i was on the pooper i was in pain for a whole week :P
LOL.

I was attempting to jump from the roof of a building to the adjacent building roof, I walked backwards to get a run up and fell of the other side. Sprained my neck.

Riding a skateboard down a steep hill, lost control from the sheer speed and ended up twisting my knee in such a way that I can no longer bend that knee as far as I can bend the other one. Should have perhaps gone to the doctor

Walked myself unconsious into a roller door at work.

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM       
I volunteer at a humane society. I threw out my back picking up a medium-sized dog who liked being held. The drive home was agony.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM       
I threw out my back a couple of weeks ago and that was horrendous. I hate that.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM       
Back injuries suck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:19 AM       
one time when i was like 11 i went to get a little kid's ball out of a patch of himalayan blackberries, not knowing the bramble patch was on about a 45 degree slope. I slid down about 10 feet before i got snagged well enough to stop, it hurt like fucking hell and they had to cut me out i think. later i threw up. hooray!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:23 AM       
hahaha already my shoulder feels better

thanks, carb load
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM       
I tried running along my friends car while he drove faster to jump into the passenger seat. I latched my hands onto the open door and then he brought the mph's up to 40. I woke up on the ground with a streak of missing hair on my head.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
I hate it when that happens.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM       
Ok, here's a cool story. It involves thin swimming trunks and a side-hack.

So, it was a hot summer day and we just finished swimming when my older brothers friend showed up with his side-hack. I was about 12 years old and it was my turn to ride in the hack. Well my brothers friend found hit amusing to swerve the hack wheel close to the curb making it so that if i hits the curb I will go flying out. I decided to make a leap for the grass on the sidewalk but caught my foot in the hacks wheel.

I got dragged on my bare back for about 3 feet of hot roughed up street. Also someone broke a 7up bottle when I happened to get dragged. 32 stitches and 5 scares. I still have one really noticeable scar where a huge 1 inch triangle of glass was driven into my back.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
That sounds incredibly painful but the side-hack sounds awesome. I don't think they had those by the time I was birthed.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
Were you sitting down when said friend made impact?
I came down before he did. He made sure I didn't come back up.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM       
I'm not ever supposed to ride a bike, but one time my grandmother gave me one and I lost control going down a hill and reportedly skidded like 10 feet on my face. My nose looked like raw hamburger with bits of gravel in it. I was knocked out cold and apparently a car almost ran over me before they saw me and stopped and called for an ambulance.

Given what else is wrong with me, I have no idea how I survived that but the skin on my nose came back, freckles and all.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM       
I was climbing on a rock at the beach in the middle of the night, and it was dark as shit because the moon wasn't out.

I wanted to get down after a while, and I thought the ground was about 5 vertical feet closer to me than it actually was. Cue jumping, and an unhappy pelvis.

I couldn't walk for about ten minutes.