Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 01:25 AM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:13 AM.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:40 AM       
To be Fair American Dad isn't THAT much like Family Guy. Family guy is just a string of references whereas American Dad actually has storylines and jokes.

Cavalcade of Comedy is really terrible though.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM       
King of the Hill was depressing. Beavis and Butthead sucked. Mike Judge is (was) only good for Office Space.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM       
Totally
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM       
Just waiting for that one other person to come and agree with ya, eh tadao?

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM       
Nah, just waiting for you to get huffy again
Forum Virgin
Palmerholic is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:38 PM       
I'm getting sick of all the people that compare American Dad to Family Guy and it happens in every thread about US Comedy cartoons. I hate Family Guy and I love American Dad. I think that most of the people that claim this are rather narrow minded when the name "Seth McFarlane" comes up. Thanks a bunch to Trey and Matt, this generation's answer to John Kricfalusi!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
kitatsdiuqil
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:27 AM.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM       
King of the Hill was fantastic. It is an intelligent, well written and subtle show. It managed to be funny whilst adhering to the rules of reality, which is an increasing rarity in modern television. I don't understand anyone who says it's "depressing." That's horrifying.
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM       
wait, they canceled King of the Hill while still courting Futurama? Bastards
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM       
Morel Orel is depressing and great. King of the Hill (for me) was depressing and not funny or interesting. I just don't find that culture funny or interesting, just depressing. What I think doesn't really matter if others like it. :emo
Arts & Farts
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:30 AM       
I would just be interested to know what's so depressing about it. I find this argument with music often, where people claim that entire genres of music are unworthy because they are "depressing." I just don't understand that as a valid argument unless it's expanded upon.

The best comedy is rooted in negativity and, more specifically, in the negative aspects of society that it is seeking to fix. Jokes are essentially therapy, for coping with and understanding the world around us. King of the Hill is fantastic because it so fiercely remains inside it's own world.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM       
I like depressing, I didn't say that I didn't. But it has to have something more than just depressing for me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:35 AM       
I guess I didn't answer your question. I don't know why I find it depressing. Well I do, but I can't explain it really. Sorry.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:51 AM       
So wait, is adult swim ordering new episodes?
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM       
Speaking of Adult Swim, that block for the longest time was basically Toonami on heavy downers.

j/k fuck them
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
To be Fair American Dad isn't THAT much like Family Guy. Family guy is just a string of references whereas American Dad actually has storylines and jokes.

Cavalcade of Comedy is really terrible though.
I always felt that Cavalcade of Comedy is what Seth seems best at. Its basically Family Guy without the cast and bad plot. However I've only seen about two and I just get the idea that hes more funny in 30 second jokes than a 30 minute episode consisting of 30 second jokes. I do enjoy American Dad thou and it really isn't like Family Guy at all like you mentioned
kitatsdiuqil
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:30 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
It's a good thing I stopped watching about 4 years ago. I won't be bombarded with ones I've already seen every night.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 08:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I guess I didn't answer your question. I don't know why I find it depressing. Well I do, but I can't explain it really. Sorry.
I can explain it quite succinctly, actually. Bland, beer-slugging White Trash folk aren't funny. Bobby was hapless, the slutty sister was tragic, the mother was boring and the father was wholly uninteresting. The neighbors were niche and lackluster.
It's the kind of show you find when you turn on your television at 3:00 am and it's the only program that isn't an infomercial. Given the choice, I'd rather see someone hawking solar toaster ovens.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 09:36 AM       
never was a huge fan the humor was too american

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
Yeah, I am a huge fan of George Lopez and Carlos Mencia and wish that they had contributed to the show!

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM       
I actually agree that the Hill family was terrible, but everyone else was great, guys
Arts & Farts
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM       
Their blandness was what was funny about it. And incidentally, Mr. Anderson had some of the funniest moments in Beavis & Butthead, and he was practically the same character as Hank.

I watched an episode a few weeks ago where they were celebrating their wedding anniversary and Hank makes a video dedicated to Peggy called "20 Years of Great Service." Nothing I've heard since then has been as funny.