Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 02:28 AM       
Monet and Van Gogh have nothing on ancient Babylon.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 10:24 AM       
The bulk of your post simply affirms one of the things I said, you're way smarter than you were posting. I said so when you first came here, I said I liked your site. It is possible to be funny and support what you really think at the same time. Try it.

The only thing you said I want to respond to is:

" But, the fact is - there are manymore non-religious, non-"redneck" people like me thatvoted than you care to admit, and it's unfortunate you have as negative a view of Americans as you do."

Some of my best friends vooted for Bush. I'm having two of them to Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Neither one of them are Rednecks, and one just got back from serving in Iraq. There are not enough fundamentalists in the country to elect Bush, but there were enough to throw the election to him. I think you, and my friends, made a grievous mistake. I disagree with you on economy and security issues, but that's not my point. You and my friends think you can overlook his arrogance and his fundamentalism because you think he's doing a good job. I think that's dangerous. I think arrogance and fundamentalism are a dangerous as hell combo platter. I think W. thinks he's infallible and God's instrument on earth. I think the most posionous part of America (fundamentalists) just sent the message that if future republicans want to stay in power (should we survive that long) they will have to do what fundamentalists tell them to do,m or they won't get elected, or reelected. I think by the time this term is over, the Supreme court will have young fundamentalists on it, and they will be there for a very long time. I think this is a hell of a lot of danger to overlook EVEN IF you thought he did a swell job, and I think it's naive to overlook it. And if the defficit is reduced at all in four years, let alone cut in half I'll eat my hat. I think it will be lots bigger, but we'll see.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by conus
A large percentage of Americans are simply no good. They're as self-centered as infants and spend much of thir lives rationalizing their positions. It's not surprising. The country was built on a rotten foundation. It was founded by intolerant religious fanatics and murderous profiteers. Read Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter.
That's America.
why did people let this slide? such a foolish generalization could only come from the dregs of the intellectual barrel, yet it's being tolerated?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM       
Because no one really gives a shit what conus has to say.