Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM        MIDI Controllers
I'm gonna be buying a MIDI controller soon because I'd like to save some desk space and I'm really looking forward to making some new music with it. Does anybody else here use anything like this?

Here's the one I'm probably gonna get:

The M-Audio Axiom 25
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
i have a novation remote le 25, but i really haven't used it much, just to play around in fruity loops mostly :/. I think they are only like 100 bucks at guitar center

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM       
I recently bought the Axiom 25 at Guitar Center ($167 after tax and with a 2 year warranty), and it's like having a new toy. I probably played on it for a good 3 hours or so after I got it, accomplishing absolutely nothing.

It is basically plug in and play. It came with drivers and software (haven't used their software yet). After I got the drivers installed I just loaded up ol' Fruity Loops, selected the device in settings, and it worked like a charm. Unfortuneatly my PC died a couple of months ago (RIP Never Forget) and FL is the only program I have on my laptop at the moment, so I can't test it on Logic or anything. It should work fine though.

Doesn't come with a power adapter, which I thought was kind of cheap.

I have only had it a week or so, so I haven't really learned too much about all little things it can do. I downloaded the manual, which is about 60 pages, but where i come from books are for burnin.

Actually, once I read the manual and learn how to properly work this thing, I'll write a review on it.
Forum Virgin
Naught is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 01:41 AM       
I've used the Oxygen before, and it was pretty neat.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen8-main.html

Retails at 180 bucks, but you can find it cheaper very easily. The one I got to jam on was purchased for a hundred flat, I know. What I like about it is the simplicity and yet the surprising versatility, for the most part. It's something I'd definitely recommend to anyone starting out and feels that they're actually ready to use some decent hardware. I'm not a fan of too many bells and whistles on the controller itself. I think it's kind of wasteful when you can get software to manage all of that just fine.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 02:47 AM       
The Oxygen is a nice controller, almost got one actually until I messed with the Axiom 25 (same company) which is what I ended up buying. Love the semi-weighted keys, drum pads and plenty o' versatility. Having the USB cable as the power source was a nice plus too since I already have too many things plugged into one outlet. Friend of mine used to work for M-Audio and he had nothing but good things to say about 'em, so that's what really got me interested in their products to begin with.