Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM        Giant watercolor box?
I was browsing through last month's Real Simple magazine (a guilty pleasure when you're a compulsive organizer) and came upon an article where they were renovating a kids' playroom. The playroom itself was meh, but my eyes went right to the wall ornamentation...it was a fecking 6 FOOT LONG, 2 FOOT TALL BOX OF WATERCOLORS! It was the bestestest room decoration I've ever seen in my life.

There was a giant brush with it, and I've seen the brush before, on one of those "cool giant stuff" websites, so I know where to get that. The thing that killed me was that nowhere in the magazine did they say where they got this incredible paintbox. It wasn't abstract art, either...it looked as if someone had taken a kid's box of watercolors and miraculously made it huge.

I've now become fixated on acquiring one of these things. Has anyone seen one? I've been all through all of the "novelty big stuff" sites, and have come upon the huge brush several times, but never the paint box. I don't trust myself to make one that looks realistic enough, but if you have any tips in that regard, that'd be cool too.

I wish I could get up to scan the pic, but unfortunately I can't at the moment.

Anyone know where to get one of these awesome things, or how to make a reasonable facsimile of one? It would be perfect to hang above my couch.

Here, I found a pic of it on their online version:

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple...1426-2,00.html
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM       
why would they throw out the kid's stuffed animals? that's just cruel ;<
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM       
GUESS WHAT, LUCY? YOU'RE GONNA BE AN ARTIST

NO TIME FOR STUFFED ANIMALS, YOU'VE GOTTA LIVE OUT MOMMY'S FAILED DREAMS
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM       
The mental image I'm getting from this is better than when I read the Scientologist pamphlets regarding parenting
Banned
Softix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:15 PM       
lol i think the room is really nice tho the kid better like art or hes going to hate coming home after school just my opion