Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM       
You can do that? Sweeeeeeet!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM       
Like you didn't already know that.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM       
I've been doing it since before it was cool.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM       
I huff gas.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 10:41 AM       
The Rocker - I knew this was never going to be great but I didn't think it was going to be quite a shit as it was. I basically only watched it because I like Rainn Wilson but he couldn't save the film from it's clichéd shitness.
Basically he gets kicked out of this metal band (the spandex wearing variety) and 20 years later he shows them up by becomming sucessful drumming for his nephew's disney-brand emo rock band.

Religulous - Surprisingly entertaining and raises a lot of not exactly new ideas but sound ideas none-the-less. A lot of the interviews were great but I don't think any of his interviewees ever had much of a chance considering he makes a living from being quick-witted while a lot of the people he interviewed didn't appear to realise what they had let themselves in for. Also it seemed like a lot of them were easy targets from the get-go. He asks questions that ultimately do require discussion but I'm not sure if a televangalist from hick-town USA is really the best person to ask.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM       
Up in 3D. Great movie. see it but be prepared to get sad at parts
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM       
Gonna watch the Donnie Darko sequel tonight, I think.
Mocker
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 04:13 PM       
Be warned Kitsa, it is supposed to be very bad
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM       
That's what I heard.
Mocker
Old Jun 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM       
Saw the 'Hangover' last night and I enjoyed it. It was much funnier then I was expecting. I'd recommend seeing it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Gonna watch the Donnie Darko sequel tonight, I think.

Like, really really bad.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM       
Yeah, I'm not going to waste time describing it. Gonna go right to watching "Doubt" as soon as I have a couple of hours alone.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 03:14 AM       
i saw alien yesterday and a question came to my mind.
Wich are the aliens that cover people in that weird goo?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 06:58 AM       
Last House on the Left - This was actually a passable horror. I thought it was going to be completely shit like When a Stranger Calls or whatever but they did mess with the formula a little which I liked. I'd like to see more films where the victims become the killers.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM       
Doubt- Very good, all of the leads were very subtle and understated, which is a welcome change from most of the flailing crap out there. Convent scenes always give me warm fuzzies. For the genre, though, I prefer The Magdalene Sisters.

House of Saddam- seemingly an attempt to turn Saddam Hussein's rise to power into a Godfather-like movie, but not nearly as good. Not enough fleshing-out of Saddam's victims before he offed them...you didn't fully understand who this guy was that he was killing, other than the fact that he'd been introduced to the story a moment before and claimed to be Saddam's friend. Might as well skip this one.

S. Darko- Does not merit comment.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
S. Darko- Does not merit comment.
So bad that I have to see it for myself eh?
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM       
Daywatch

An even more incomprehensible and convoluted mess than Nightwatch was, which is quite a feat. It has lofty ambitions but never shows anything resembling a workable plot. There are a number of different plotlines that literally go no where and the writing overall is one of the most incompetent I've ever come across. This makes the Matrix sequels look plausible in comparison. Terrible.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM       
I liked those movies, but I definitely agree that the plot is all over the place. Some things definitely got fucked up in the translation.

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:35 AM       
is the third one out yet? (if the watch series)

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Last House on the Left - This was actually a passable horror. I thought it was going to be completely shit like When a Stranger Calls or whatever but they did mess with the formula a little which I liked. I'd like to see more films where the victims become the killers.
I thought it was pretty boring, pointless, and really ineffective. The original was extremely hokey in some parts, but this was just another shitty remake.

I don't know why I even expect anything out of horror movies, these days

That was very funny. Well done.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
So bad that I have to see it for myself eh?
I wouldn't. Time is more valuable than that.

I couldn't even stand to watch the entire thing. I started, had an "ehhh" moment, fast-forwarded a bit, watched for a while, "ehh" again, fast forward a little more, then meh.

It bears almost no resemblance to the original other than that the little sister is the same actress and they try, so hard, to fit the bunny character in somewhere, to extremely poor effect.

There's none of the sophistication of the first movie. It's just an obvious attempt to wring one more film out of it. If the curiosity is killing you, I recommend looking up a spoiler for it and satisfying yourself that way. It was as bad as Hamlet 2, only much more boring.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM       
I think they're trying to make a Donnie Darko 3 now but the original writer would be involved.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM       
Heavy Traffic - Animated craziness of yesteryear. Just need to watch Fritz the cat again now.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM       
I got Capote but haven't watched it yet.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
is the third one out yet? (if the watch series)
Judging by the happy ending of Daywatch, I don't imagine they're making it. At least I hope not.