Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM        You've all seen "that guy" in the Basic Training movies, right?
"That guy" being the guy that gets either the Dear John letter or cheated on while he is away at basic training. The eternal stereotype, the ever-present cliche' of the soldier talking about how great she is, how they're going to get married, and how she's the one for him, the love of his life. Then, he receives a letter saying the one phrase every man in a relationship dreads to hear: "I think we should just be friends". Every Army movie has one person that this happens to. It's come to a point in cinema that it's basically become a joke.

It isn't. It happens all the time. And during my time in Basic, I was "that guy". Not only did I get that "friends" letter, I got it the same day I got the letter from her saying "happy birthday"...

Fuck bitches.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM       
What a bitch.

And fuck the postal system for lumping those two letters together.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM       
My friend got a Dear John letter from her dude. We gave her so much shit for it, hahaha.

As far as I know, she's with a new dude, being a Farsi linguist for the Navy still.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM       
How did she feel about you going to basic in the first place? Did she encourage it?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM       
Fuck being dumped on your birthday. I've been there and that sucks
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:49 PM       
If George were here, he would probably tell you you dodged a bullet

That said, women who dump their guys while they are serving our country are the worst scum in the bitch hierarchy. If she has so little loyalty while you are making the most noble sacrifice a person can make for their country then she does not deserve you.

Karma will pay her back, I promise you.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:23 AM       
i'm sorry dude.
but on the bright side, better sooner than later. you are definitely much better than that and deserve ALOT better than THAT.
Now with less sodium!

Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
How did she feel about you going to basic in the first place? Did she encourage it?
She was never exactly FOND of the idea, but I gave her plenty of opportunity to tell me not to go. The Army technically doesn't own your ass until you get on the plane to Basic. I told her just before boarding "This is your last chance. If you don't want me to go, tell me now". She said "Go. I may not be thrilled, but I will always love you and support you".

Yeah, we see what happened there.

As for Karma getting her back, it already is. Her family LOVES me. They HATE the guy she cheated with. They are essentially disowning her and offering me a place to live.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:11 AM       
Bitches be crazy goat. Does she have a sister?
Now with less sodium!

Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:15 AM       
Unfortunately, no. I'd have already gone for it if that were the case.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:24 AM       
Stupid cliche but you'll find someone better.

My close friend had the reverse of your situation happen to her a while back. This guy asked her out right before he left for training. They wrote letters back and forth, visited when they could. As soon as he got back permanently he broke up with her. So, he pretty much used her to have someone to write to and such.

Normally its your case that happens though.
Now with less sodium!

Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM       
I know I'll find someone better, but being bitter and alone is now how I wanted to spend my holiday leave from training. I just don't understand WHY this happened. What kind of reason would she have had to cheat on me? I gave her everything she asked for, and was willing to lay my life on the line, literally, to provide a better future for the both of us. Where is the wrong in that?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
If George were here, he would probably tell you you dodged a bullet
Amen to that, BRAH!
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat View Post
I know I'll find someone better, but being bitter and alone is now how I wanted to spend my holiday leave from training. I just don't understand WHY this happened. What kind of reason would she have had to cheat on me? I gave her everything she asked for, and was willing to lay my life on the line, literally, to provide a better future for the both of us. Where is the wrong in that?
The answer is there is no wrong in that, there is only wrong in her. I am willing to bet a years salary she will eventually come crawling back, and I would encourage you to not take her should that happen.

Don't let the bitterness get you. You are doing the most noble thing a person can do, an act of love for your country that we can never properly thank you for. As you said, her family loves you. I am sure your family loves you, and we love you (to the extent that we are capable of loving other human beings on here )

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat View Post
"That guy" being the guy that gets either the Dear John letter or cheated on while he is away at basic training. The eternal stereotype, the ever-present cliche' of the soldier talking about how great she is, how they're going to get married, and how she's the one for him, the love of his life. Then, he receives a letter saying the one phrase every man in a relationship dreads to hear: "I think we should just be friends". Every Army movie has one person that this happens to. It's come to a point in cinema that it's basically become a joke.

It isn't. It happens all the time. And during my time in Basic, I was "that guy". Not only did I get that "friends" letter, I got it the same day I got the letter from her saying "happy birthday"...

Fuck bitches.
Hahahahaha

WHen I was doing a 2 week field training exercise my girlfriend broke up with me while i was out there.

Couldn't even assuage myself with alcohol.

When I was at WLC my friend saw my then girlfriend out at five AM with some other dude, hammered.

Life can suck sometims.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 12:48 AM       
that explains a lot
Now with less sodium!

Old Dec 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM       
... Kulturkampf's still alive?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 07:51 PM       
this happens so often, i dont know what kind of person thinks it's ideal to dump people on their birthday
how does someone amble about in a relationship they've come to regret, and then use a birthday as inspiration to break up with them?
they've got to hate you somewhere if they do this knowing that this specific birthday will always be remembered as being particularly awful because of them.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM       
Anniversaries are good, too. Mine did it on our 6th.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM       
Rez is on to something.

It is almost as though breaking up by itself isn't enough. It's as though they want to ruin your b-day, or some other holiday in the process for you forever.
Now with less sodium!

Old Dec 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM       
Finding the only way to make Basic Training more miserable than it already was wasn't enough for her, she had to ruin a birthday, too?

I fucking hate women.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM       

I'm in
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM       
At least you wernt that guy who would tell all the other guys in his barracks how great his girl is. Then when you showed them a picture of her it turned out the other three guys who had "great" girlfriends were all the same chick who was scamming you all for your money while you were off serving your country.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM       
Hiya Losers!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM       
wow.