Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
Final Fantasy 2 is the only one I enjoyed playing through, that being said, I'm a little weary of turn based rpg's
FF2 as in the NES game, or the SNES game? I tried the DS remake of the SNES one and thought it was okay. Cecil's a shitty protagonist.

Quote:
Yeah. I have to go with FF2 (Or FF4 really) and FF3 (Which was what really? FF6?) and FFX was a suprise too.
Yea, FF2 was actually FF4, and FF3 was actually FF6. But now that every Final Fantasy finally came out in America with it's original title, Square and everyone else stick to the actual numbers. I liked FF6 a little, but I got stuck at some snow area and couldn't be assed to start the game over again.

FFX was pretty annoying, though; the characters were all lame, the story was pretty stupid (Meg Ryan is a water polo player who travels to the future to fight a monster. Except he's just a dream) and you kill that loser Seymour probably four times in the entire game. Not "knocked him out"; he actually dies multiple times and comes back from the dead because he wants to fuck Yuna so badly.

I did like the combat. The whole "switch party members mid-battle" thing is something more RPGs need to do. There's no reason for three people to go through a fortress when I have a whole army of dudes.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM       
FF6 is in my opinion the best FF ever made. You would do well to give it another shot, if only a free ROM download.

Yeah the story and characters in FFX are not what make it great. The combat and the ability wheel or whatever it was called.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM       
ya I was speaking of the SNES FF2
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
FF2 on SNES was really good but hard.

Phoenix: I agree with Dimnos. You def should play through FF6. If you get stuck just let me know instead of looking it up. You should be able to play through the whole game without using a strat guide. If I'll mention one thing while playing through the game it's

Wait......wait for shadow........
has a woody
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM       
Yea, I got the ROM on my Wii waiting to go (playing on a TV with the controller motivates me), so I might try that again if FF9 doesn't work out. I'm only in the Ice Cavern right now, so we'll see how things go from here.

I like the ability system, because it reminds me of the one in Tactics A2, which was the only reason I played that game.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
Do you need to MOD the WII for the emulator to work? I'm trying to get my roommate to do it but he's weary of it.
has a woody
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM       
You need the Homebrew Channel to run it. No mod chips or anything. BannerBomb lets you install the channel without Twilight Princess, so it's actually easier than ever to set it up now. After that, you just need to download the emulator and ROMs.

SKATASTIC
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM       
I'll try that. I actually have Twilight Princess so I'll check it out wednesday at my day off. Is that where you can download Brawl+ too?
has a woody
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 01:50 PM       
Brawl+ requires you to download Gecko OS (basically, a cheat program like Action Replay or Gameshark) because it isn't technically a mod in the literal sense; all the changes (loading custom costumes, increasing specific attack speed or damage) are just codes that are loaded through Gecko. You can still play normal Brawl by not loading Gecko.

I've got the links for BannerBomb, Homebrew (HackMii), Emulators, and Brawl+ all bookmarked if you need me to email them to you or something, but it's really just a matter of putting things in folders and pressing A.

SKATASTIC
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM       
That's not so bad. I'll get back to you on wednesday when I have some time to fool around with it. Thank you
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
7th Saga!

It's awesome!
has a woody
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM       
Got Tiger Woods for the Wii because I wanted to try the Wii Motion Plus.

I'm real bad at golf.

"That was the worst putt I've ever seen"

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM       
PROTOTYPE IS RAD
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM       
FUCK YOU PG I POSTED THIS ENORMOUS GUIDE IN THE MOTHER3 THREAD ABOUT SOFTMODDING THE WII

GODDAMN YOU GETTING THE SHORTCUT BECAUSE OF ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY

edit: i wonder why my infamous trophies aren't showing up in my sig

also, a friend started infamous being good, but yet during the first mission with the food, people were like "yeah!" "alright!" and happy and shit, then a cutscene plays and apparently everyone still hates him, started throwing rocks. this morality system is so broken (SEE FALLOUT3 FOR COMPARISON)
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 08:25 PM       
My friend loaned me GTA4. I finally got around to the missions, and I don't think I'm even a quarter through them yet. It's both entertaining and frustrating.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM       
The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM       
Haven't been playing much lately...mostly Street Fighter 4 for the PS3 and Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the DS.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.
I wasted so much ammo for my shiny new micro-uzi on that bastard's back.
has a woody
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM       
Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.

Old Jun 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.
Yeah but at home your beer stays cold in the fridge.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 03:06 AM       
Alternating between Red Faction Guerilla, Star Ocean, Onechanbara (What? It was like 6 Bucks :D) and Folklore...and there´s Prototype still on the way, as well as Nights in the Nightmare (already played the ROM a bit, very interesting game)...gonna be a tight month for my wallet...
Prince Appalling
Karmapolice is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM       
I'm playing Sims 3 and Armed Assault 2.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM       
ARMA2 isn't out yet - beta? Is it good?
Prince Appalling
Karmapolice is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:37 AM       
I got the EU version. So far I like it, it's pretty good in my book especially if you're into realistic tactical sims.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM       
PROTOTYPE!!