Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM       
I think we should have made a thread a while ago called LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT DEXTER. Or maybe LET ME COMPLAIN ABOUT DEXTER, depending who you ask.

I really don't know. It's the same thing I experienced with Oz (and, hell, half the same cast), this knowledge that it's just getting sloppier and sloppier as time goes on but the desire to see it through to the end. In the first few seasons, Dexter had almost supernatural intelligence and physical capability. Now he makes more and more un-Dexter-like decisions, more silly slip-ups, and seems flat-out dumber.

Maybe that's the whole "becoming more human" thing, or some sort of indicator of the internal conflict in progress, idk really but it seems like the strength of the character is in steady decline.

I'm also getting irritated with the frequency of last-minute saves. It's got me wondering if next week Deb will be trussed up on a train track with some rent collector standing over her and twisting his moustache.

How many more episodes left? One? Two? It's felt like it needed to wrap up for a while now.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM       
One more episode to go. This season has been fucking horrible. Just flatout lazy writing and sub-plots that don't seem to amount to nothing, like Dexter breaking his trophies by accident, and it's never mentioned again or the idiotic episode where Dexter becomes evil and then the show presses reset at the end. The main villain is boring as all hell and what's with the borderline incest twist they threw in the last episode?

Maybe the shittiest season since season 3. Or 5. Can't decide which one is the worst.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM       
I actually like 3 much better than this season. Not saying its good, but it at least had a direction it tried moving in. I dont even remember season 5.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM       
I never remember season numbers. I hated the british chick season and I hated the lumen season. I think Deb's the only female character on Dexter I like.

I was confused about the sudden disappearance of the Irish nanny from last season. I loved her from other stuff she was in (Father Ted, first and foremost). She just sort of was swapped out with Angel's sister (had we ever heard of her before?) with no explanation whatsoever.

I don't know if they went the incest route because the two were married in real life, or not. It would be double weird to be an actor simultaneously making out with your "sibling" and your ex.

Also, I am good and ready for LaGuerta to get the fuck out of Dodge. That's one of the few ways the book series was better...got rid of her right away.

How great would it have been to get Tom Hanks to play Professor Gellar? I think he could do really good creepy if he tried, sort of like Robin Williams.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM       

Sadly this was not the case
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM       
omg. I really really wish I could watch that now

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM       
Watched the finale (?)

no, sir, I didn't like it.

Ok, I liked "Oh God".
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Watched the finale (?)

no, sir, I didn't like it.

Ok, I liked "Oh God".

Cant say I have ever agreed with you more. The season sucked minus Def and the "Oh God." in the finale.

Spoilers!
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM       
Yeah, but since they went the incest route this season, there's always the possibility that they'll be in bed together at some point next season and that just creeps me right the hell out, adoption-siblings or not. I think it might erode his status as an antihero.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM       
What happened at the end this season is what should have happened last season.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM       
is it just me, or other than "oh god", was the badguy death scene a little no-frills there at the end?

and was I the only one who noticed that his crotch was a shining beacon of light?
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM       
I haven't actually watched it yet, just read what happened because I wanted some robo doakes
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
What happened at the end this season is what should have happened last three seasons back.

Someone had to do it.

Yeah Bad guys death was lacking otherwise.

Oh, yeah! Is it just me or is Dexters kid really fucking ugly?
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM       
ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE.

I still need to watch seasons 3 and 4. I didn't know david carridines brother was dead, thought he just went back to the fbi or whatever it is.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM       
I actually thought Dexter's kid kind of looks like him. Same smirk. I don't have any opinion about him otherwise (or them, since child actors are usually twins- don't know).

I didn't understand the whole Carradine guy thing. I thought David Carradine talked that way because of badly fitting dentures, but his brother talked like that too.

I think the show would have been more interesting with his OTHER brother, in character as Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds, in the relationship with Deb. Now that I would have watched.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE.

I still need to watch seasons 3 and 4. I didn't know david carridines brother was dead, thought he just went back to the fbi or whatever it is.
Dead in the fourth one, I think.

Don't care - he's not Doakes.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM       
There's hope, fz. I mean, look at Ghost Dad and Biney. Maybe Doakes will come back from the dead to torment him too. Other than Burn Notice he's doing fuck-all.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM       
doakes is on burn notice?
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM       
I thought he was (?)
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
There's hope, fz. I mean, look at Ghost Dad and Biney. Maybe Doakes will come back from the dead to torment him too. Other than Burn Notice he's doing fuck-all.
:O thass true
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM       
Would you guys really want Doakes coming back with the show the way it is?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM       
He'd fit in perfectly. Doakes is a cheesy character himself, but he's got no pretenses about it.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM       
Let me just say if Doakes had survived to this season, a shrink probably would have been telling him he was the one in love with Dexter.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 07:34 PM       
I just don't want to see LaGuerta fucking anyone else. Please.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM       
DOAKES DOAKES DOAKES DOAKES DOAKES

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog