Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:50 AM        Dissent=Treason
http://www.jerseygop.com/walfield_02.htm

he 1st Amendment, Dissent, Treason etc.
by: Paul Walfield

As Americans we all have the right to free speech. Which as a “right” means the government can’t, in most cases, gag you. You can even do physical acts and claim it is in reality speech and be protected by the Constitution. You cannot get arrested for burning the American flag unless you use it as kindling for something bigger, like arson or some other recognized crime.

You can call for a “regime change” in America; you can say America’s administration in Washington is “illegal,” and worse. You can say you are a “patriot” because you dissent. No one has to believe anything you say, but you can say it and not worry about being whisked away in the night, not to be heard from again. Yet, the folks who dissent, the folks who call our Administration “evil,” have a tendency to equate America’s present government on a par with despots around the world. The problem for all of us is that dissent has in effect, crossed a line. It has gone from an honest disagreement on policy, to lying and propaganda.

The dissent to America’s actions in defense of our sovereignty and the safety of our people has taken on a whole new purpose. Some, including their “useful idiots,” have decided to take the opportunity to attempt to create an atmosphere in which the bashers of America, the people who want to see a weaker America, an America subordinate to a United Nations government, as patriots.

It looks like it started small. America was attacked on 9-11 and a tiny group protested America’s possible retaliation against the Taliban. As the terrorist threat to America became more and more realized, the demonstrations against America became larger and larger. It became apparent that the people in the governments and media outside of the United States had implanted a vision of America among non-Americans as a hostile, imperialistic nation bent on world domination.

The opinion makers across the globe, except in a very few places, had created anti-American sentiments among their populations, well beyond any plausible reality on the ground. Yet, the American Left has managed to place a similar view among many “useful idiots” right here in the U.S.A. Americans, whether trying to endear themselves to the Europeans, or with America’s enemies as a hedge in the event of an attack, have jumped on the bandwagon.

Billions of people across the globe have a negative opinion of America and a good percentage have elevated that negative to hostility. Obviously to people with no axe to grind, America has done nothing directly or indirectly to those people to warrant such an opinion. Despite the vile declarations to the contrary, America is not an imperialist nation. America has not enslaved populations nor taken anyone’s land in the past 100 years. Yet, nations such as France, Belgium and Germany who have, are seen as morally superior.

The State department has done virtually nothing to change the world’s opinion of the United States over the years. America couldn’t even manage to come out ahead in a principled battle over Saddam Hussein in the United Nations. Yet, there is virtually no country on earth that does not benefit, and in some cases completely rely, on America’s well being. Of course, that fact alone removes the idea of America being an evil empire out to squash all its opponents. If America was what the opinion makers in foreign lands claim, those opinion makers would have been forced to change their tune, or not even be a memory. By the same token, if the dissenters in America were telling the truth about America’s government; if America was what they claim, they would not be dissenting, at least not more than once.

While America is known by all who wield actual power in the world to be a benevolent giant, they nevertheless portray the U.S. as anything but benevolent. The leaders and media the world over, even in America have an agenda quite contrary to what mainstream America has for the future of the United States.

The dissenters are liars, America’s awful reputation is undeserved and false but continually perpetuated by people with an agenda contrary to America’s continued existence as a world superpower. Mainstream media outlets, newspapers and television networks slant not just to the left, but against America’s interests in favor of foreign interests, interests that if allowed to reach their logical conclusion would lead us all to be imperiled.

Would the world be better off as former president Clinton says when America is no longer the most powerful nation on earth? Will America be better off, if as democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean says, our military is not as strong as other nations military? Is it a prerequisite for world peace that America no longer be a sovereign superpower, as French president Chirac has said? Does America have to fall under the jurisdiction of a world court and United Nations governance as the Left in America and around the world want, for there to be peace and tranquility in the world?

Why is the Left concentrating on subordinating the U.S. to foreign controls, yet unwilling to confront despotic regimes in North Korea, Syria, Iran and elsewhere and demand the same of them? Why would people who profess patriotism to America, want to see it “evolve into a place that lived up to its loftiest democratic rhetoric,” not demand that the rest of the world do the same, first?

Why would anyone who is an American by birth and by choice, see the weakening of American power as a move forward when there are evil and despotic regimes in the world? Could it be because they do not see totalitarian regimes as evil? Or do they envision a world united in lofty goals that they have set, and see the “other side” as caving in over time? It might be that the Left believes that their views are universal and ultimately desired by all. It might be that the Left hasn’t a clue what to do in the event they get their first wish; a weakened and subordinate America.

Dissent is good. Americans were once taught in school about the Boston Tea Party. Americans threw tea into Boston Harbor to protest what they deemed unfair. It was a patriotic act, it was in effect an exercise in freedom from tyranny. It was what dissent in America’s well being is all about.

Nowadays, dissent has taken on a whole new meaning. Dissent by many today is actually against the continuation of the form of government that gives the dissenters the power to dissent. It is against the country they were born in, in favor of a foreign ideology, an ideology that demands the subordination of America to foreign leaders who are in all ways hostile to America. It is no longer simply dissent, it is no longer a freedom of speech issue, it has become an issue of Americans who want America to remain America, and those who don’t. It is the exact opposite of what dissent was, it is a call for foreign domination of America rather than our release from foreign rule.

His e-mail address is on the bottom of the link, if you want to send him a well-written reply. (Max, Spaddowsky, this means you!)
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 11:20 AM       
Huh. He kind of lacks the balls to follow through, or maybe he saw that if he did he'd get caught in a logic circle.

A.) "As Americans we all have the right to free speech."

B.) Dissent used to be good.

C.) The new dissent is different, and it isn't good.

and there the article ends. Okay, fine, but if A, so what? What is he suggesting, that free speech should cease to be a right? Or is he just complaining about the content of some peoples free speech? Because that's nothing new.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:12 PM       
On a more positive note that website has Katherine Harris listed as winning a coveted 'republican babe of the week' award. Katherine Harris.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM       
Well, she should at least get most improved. Pre-makeover she was a harrowing, sub-human, Ghoul. Now she's just physically repulsive. That has to count for something.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:39 PM       
I thought of writing him a pretty involved e-mail, and at some point I think I might. Max's A, B, and C apply and the D (or end result) that Max is looking for is this: he thinks this new form of dissent and the "useful idiots" (I hope he understands the irony of this term's use on a GOP website) that back it are going to take apart America.
The only problem I see with his line of reasoning is that he doesn't seem to understand his argument in the first place, or at least why he's making it. He's actually taken his party's spin on the Democrat's rhetoric and turned it into the meat and potatoes of his argument.
There aren't any (or at least significantly many) liberals who want to see America as it exists, a free society with a workable (if not stable) economy, change very much at all. We don't want our internal affairs controlled by a foreign power, and we certainly don't want to be pinned down as far as our own decisions and defenses go.
What the left wing (and all remaining sensible parts of the right wing) are asking for is an external system of checks and balances, comparable to the internal ones we already have, that will account for the desires of the world on international political issues.
In a world this small we simply cannot afford to assume that our country is going to be right 100% of the time. We may be the most powerful nation in the world, but that doesn't make us the only nation in the world or even the majority of the world's people, and we can't afford to think like we are.

Period.
End of discussion.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabby
On a more positive note that website has Katherine Harris listed as winning a coveted 'republican babe of the week' award. Katherine Harris.
She beat Anne Coulter? Blasphemy!

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
In a world this small we simply cannot afford to assume that our country is going to be right 100% of the time. We may be the most powerful nation in the world, but that doesn't make us the only nation in the world or even the majority of the world's people, and we can't afford to think like we are.

Period.
End of discussion.
I hope the irony of that part isn't lost on you.

Anyway, I do think he went way too far and was just looking for a round about way to cry treason. While there are many people who would love to see the US taken down, most people are just coming from a different end of the the politcal spectrum from this writer.

I don't think doing what appears to be bending over backwards for a bunch of people who are just covering their own asses (other nations, UN etc), not that we aren't in it for ourselves, but I'm sure most people on the left don't see it that way and truly want whats best for the country.