Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:19 AM        Most overrated games??
I personally think that the most overrated games are the Resident Evil series, anything Final Fantasy, and Halo. I dont know why I wasnt thrilled with Halo, i just found it to be mediocre. But I want to hear your opinions. WHAT GAMES DO YOU THINK ARE OVERRATED?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
The Diablo series...

I'm going to get burned for saying that
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
I think Halo is overrated. It's not a bad game, but I think there are countless other FPS which are better.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
I think the FF and GTA series' are way overrated along with the PS2 in general. :/

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
Halo and, well...Vice City. I mean, it was fun and everything, but it wasn't the game to end all games, like most gaming magazines were making it out to be.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:17 AM       
I have to agree with GTA too. Stealing cars and running over people can only be fun so many times.

I thought it was so fucking dumb that Game Informer gave VC a 10. It is far from fucking perfect. Very far.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:55 AM       
THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FUCKFUCKFUCK ASS COCK DOG SIMS.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:58 AM       
I agree with the sims and diablo. Can't really think of any right now.

That was very funny. Well done.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 02:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
I have to agree with GTA too. Stealing cars and running over people can only be fun so many times.

I thought it was so fucking dumb that Game Informer gave VC a 10. It is far from fucking perfect. Very far.
Didn't EGM give it all 10's too? Those kinds of scores should be given out to truly great games, not juvenile fantasies. "Ooh, I just picked up a hooker? And after she blew me? I totally beat her ass with a baseball bat to get my money back!" Listen, if you want to really experience that, kids, just go into your mother's room, alright?

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 02:39 AM       
There's more to it than killing whores. You can do so much in it. The amount of freedom you have is fucking incredible (for now).

kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 03:17 AM       
Why there is alot of freedom in the game, it gets old fast. I've beat the game once, and have ran out of interest to beat it again. It just gets old. :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 07:29 AM       
Meh, if you played through and beat everything in the game, it didn't get old THAT fast, did it?

I put in Vice City just the other day to fly around and listen to the radio. It's great. And I really have to wonder if some of you ever actually played the game, if all you feel it boils down to is killing people and picking up hookers. But it's all a matter of opinion. I just think if you guys gave it at least 2 hours, you'd like it. I rented GTA3 to see if I'd like Vice City. I ended up buying GTA3, and then Vice City. Then, in Vice City, I probably spent a week just running around and getting familiar with everything, enjoying the radio, an doing vehicle missions before I even started the story.

Moving on, I think Postal 2 is highly overrated. You wanna talk about killing people getting old? There you go. Sure, you don't have to kill anyone, but that would just be more boring than pissing on a headless corpse for the 50th time.

I also think the Castlevania games for GBA are too. They're trimmed-down versions of Symphony, and I'd much rather play that again, or wait for a game that improves on what Symphony had, rather than a stripped down version with a few changes.

The Sims. I was tempted to buy it once, but I don't have the patience or caring to make sure some gibberish-blabbing meathead takes a dump in the right room. I made a character for my friend's game. His bio made him and my other friend laugh themselves to tears. His sister deleted it. I intend to kill her.

Virtua Fighter 4. Yes, it is the best fighting game out there, as far as gameplay is concerned. But for someone who has never played the series before in his life, this game is just flat-out hard and ridiculous. It's incredibly frustrating to attempt to take on computer-controlled opponents with the knowledge and know-how of everything in the book, and I don't have the split-second to realize they're using a high attack. It's deep in its gameplay, but I'm lost when it comes to countering, the rock-paper-scissors attack setup, and being able to pull off the more annoying moves. I'm thinking of getting Evolution only because it'll have tutorials.
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:12 AM       
Anything Blizzard is overrated... yes I don't like star or war craft very much.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:45 AM       
GTA series is not overrated. Simply put.

I'd say Half Life and all its entities are way overrated.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 11:13 AM       
fuck no counterstrike used to be the funnest game ever

gta 3 was pretty good, a bit overated, but I still feel vice city was WAY overrated. it is like a fucking gta 3 expansion pack.

I feel final fantasy games are overated too. Fuck I get so tired of the ridiculously stupid and boring parts. I tried playing ffx a bit and it got old real fast, it is like watching a movie with the worst dialog in the world.

I HATED diablo2. All my friends were playing it. The multiplayer was pointless. The game play was gay. i mean goddamn i already wore out 2 or 3 mice on diablo years ago, I dont want to do it again. My friend was saying there is an autopilot for it that would play the game for you, while it was going it had a window so u could play tetris

And i agree about the ps2 as a whole, at least when it first came out. It was hyped so much and it really wasnt better than the dreamcast, if anything probaly worse. When everyone crowded around it when the first guy brought his back and were playing tekken I was unimpressed to say the least. Soul Calibur had better graphics and a more original idea than fucking tekken 3 rehashed with slightly better graphics.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 11:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
And i agree about the ps2 as a whole, at least when it first came out. It was hyped so much and it really wasnt better than the dreamcast, if anything probaly worse. When everyone crowded around it when the first guy brought his back and were playing tekken I was unimpressed to say the least. Soul Calibur had better graphics and a more original idea than fucking tekken 3 rehashed with slightly better graphics.
Ditto

I also find that the Xbox is too over rated. I mean, all the good games for it have either been on the PC or where going to be on the PC.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 11:28 AM       
Quote:
fuck no counterstrike used to be the funnest game ever
That didn't take long and no, I disagree.

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 11:57 AM       
A lot of people say Counter-Strike is overrated (never people who suck at it mind you), but there's a reason that there are tens of thousands of people STILL playing this five year old game online at any given moment . I don't know if I agree with the "Best Game Ever" label that Half-Life is branded with, but CS is good fun.

I played GTA3 all day with a friend who picked it up when it first came out. It was ok, but I was bored to tears after the first hour or so (he loved it though and it was his apt. and PS2, hence playing it all day ). Vice City I only gave an hour because the blotchy, faded graphics with that annoying 'after-image' effect used to hide how bad they are hurt my feelings. I did like the music though, and the C64 boot screen thing was neato.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM       
Based on the hilarious comments about it by Something Awful, I say CS is overrated too. I'll also add Half-Life and Quake 3 Arena. I own both, and am not impressed with either of them. Boring boring boring.

Marvel vs Capcom and MvC2 are overrated too. I'll admit they're fun, but it's the same damn formula I've been playing since Street Fighter 2 came out how long ago. People pop a boner over playing as a tag team of Captain America and Roll, but they play the same as every fucking other character in the game, and the play mechanics are stupid as fuck. I play against people all the time, and unless they use cheap aerial combos you can't get out of until you're dead, mashing the buttons is the most effective way to win. Not to mention 50-hit super attacks.

Why people think the PS2 is overrated, I don't know. I find myself with more than enough games that I enjoy very much, and just because the graphics aren't as good as the others (not to say they are bad, though), doesn't make the system horrible. But why the fuck are you negroids getting into another console war?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:46 PM       
Give me one good excuse as to why the PS2 isn't over rated. Come on, let's hear it.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:56 PM       
I think the reason people say the PS2 is overrated is because it has so many games out there that there is a lot of crap for it, but that gets overshadowed by the really good games. I personally like the PS2, but I prefer my Gamecube and Xbox.
The Wolf
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:17 PM       
What it all boils down to for me, is that I wanted a console system that was bound to get a lot of games. PS2 has the most games and it's getting even more. The DVD player sure as hell made it an easier decision too. I fucking hate having to buy add-ons just so I can watch movies on an x-box or something when it's built into the ps2 already. No, the graphics aren't as good as the gc or xbox, but I'm also not a little queer who needs incredible graphics (something the ps2 is still capable of) to enjoy good games. Do any of you even play old games anymore? Games are games to me. If it's fun, I'll enjoy it.

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
I love MvC 1 & 2.

I don't use cheap arial attacks and I don't button mash. No one has been able to stop me yet. Sure the gameplay is similar to most of the vs games but oh well, I like it.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
Give me one good excuse as to why the PS2 isn't over rated. Come on, let's hear it.
1. You're a little fairy.

Console wars in this thread have been TERMINATED.

Being a Mortal Kombat fanatic, even I can admit that MKDA was overrated. It's a fun game, and lots of unlockables, but the gameplay is weak. In the end, every charatcer boils down to the same basics which, which are all you really need in the end anyway. The story is nice, though feels all too attached from the previous games. And story is a big player when it comes to what I like most of the time. But still, I've unlocked everything, and will now maybe only play it with a friend, if that.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:47 PM       
hehe we all know where console wars get us... nowhere.

Every Tekken game is overrated.