Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 02:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
1. You're a little fairy.
Yes, but at least I'm not a grown man who constantly bitches everytime someone says one bad thing about something they like .
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 01:38 AM       
I also said ps2 when it first came out. I mean shit people where paying like 1k for those things on ebay around that time. It pretty much had no really great games to back up the hype at the time. Thats my idea of overrated.

Things are a bit different now as there are many great games for it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:26 AM       
metroid prime

-willie
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 12:46 PM       
Metroid Prime was underrated
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan
Metroid Prime was underrated
Fucking moron.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:28 PM       
FF is way overrated. I only like about 2 of the games, and there are alot. I think there are around 15-20 with all the add ons and stuff. GTA is overrated too. Someone said it was the best game ever. I bought it, and flew by it in a day or two. THPS is overrated also. They will just keep putting more out, and people say it is better and better, but it is easier.

James is PS2's bitch.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:40 PM       
Or, OR, you and Rongi are just a couple of idiots? Could be...

I'm not acting all pro-PS2. I'm just saying you filthy bitchnuts need to shut up about consoles. Make your own little console war threads for you to jerk off to, instead of ruining other threads with your bullshit.

And if you "flew by" GTA in a day and THPS is soooo easy for you, you obviously haven't played either game at all. Look, you can hate whatever you want, but at least put a little bit of truth behind it.

I can respect people not liking something, so long as they're intelligent and educated in their opinions. But you're just pulling stuff out of your ass making claims like that.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black .
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
Whatever. I have better things to do than deal with the two of you acting like retards.

Moving on, I think Earthbound is overrated. Everyone's always up in arms about how ball-burstingly fantastic it is. Sure, it's fun, but the battle system was boring, the story lacked anything really memorable, and the music made me want to shit into my SNES and play that instead.

But keep in mind, I tracked down a cartidge of EB a couple years and paid full price for it, rather than download the ROM. So it's not like I hate it. But I can admit it's far from being the greatest RPG in the universe.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Whatever. I have better things to do than deal with the two of you acting like retards.
Like what? Bitching and PMSing?
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 03:29 PM       
Metroid Prime is definetly underrated. It's the second best game on an underrated system. It didn't sell what it should of been, and the game was very fun. You guys are fucking morons. I'm the only person I know with the game. The game was put together so well that it should of beat out Vice City and GTA3 in sales. if you own a GameCube, there's no reason in hell why you don't own this game.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 08:53 PM       
I also agree with HickMan when it comes to Prime. Sire, it deviated from the original Metroid formula, but it was very good. But remember, this thread os for OVERRATED games. There is a very interesting UNDERRATED games board not too far from here.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 10:16 PM       
The PS2 is good for Bemani and little else in my opinion. I was a fan of the GTA series probably way before any of you fagmops, but the style of the series is similar to Carmageddon - great fun for short periods of time, but wears thin on me in the long run.

XBox titles like Halo and Morrowind make me hump the TV. And for those of us that don't have mom buy us supercomputers every christmas, it's a nice, affordable way to play good PC games without them looking like ass or worrying about gay driver conflicts. Halo, when touted as just the best FPS ever, I don't think is over-rated. I've had more fun with Kingpin, but Halo is far better rounded in terms of gameplay, flow, and story. And people actually play it. And it has replay value. And its soundtrack kicks my ass. Live support w/ Halo 2 will make the Box eat the PS2 like a tasty hat if H1 (with its half-assed online multiplayer system) is getting such critical acclaim.

*earthbound was gay
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 10:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
I also agree with HickMan when it comes to Prime.
Maybe where you live.

I do agree with the fact that Gamecube is an underrated system and it deserves a lot more credit than it's getting, but there's no way in hell METROID PRIME is underrated! Every knows about the Metroid series, and anyone who has ever played it has loved it. I know this one kid that wears a Metroid Prime shirt every fucking day (NOT an exaggeration). It was one of the highest rated games on GameFAQs for a while. If you ask me, Metroid Prime is just as "underrated" as Wind Waker.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 11:24 PM       
Dude, James, THPS is the easiest game series ever. Do you have any idea how badly you can whore those if you've got quick enough fingers?
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 11:35 PM       
I don't think Halo is overrated at all. I hated (and I mean loathed) FPS games until I played Halo. With the exception of CS I still do. The only thing preventing Halo from being the perfect FPS IMO is lack of online play. And the gay alien weapons (with the exception of the needler and plasma grenades).
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:38 AM       
Tribes 2 beats Halo any day.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:40 AM       
Sonic Adventure was a little over rated :/. At first it was pretty fun but it started to suck really fast.
Mocker
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Dude, James, THPS is the easiest game series ever. Do you have any idea how badly you can whore those if you've got quick enough fingers?
Exactly, I can do 500,000 point combos in one trick WITHOUTcodes. GTA's missions are easy, and James is mad because he doesn't have enough skills to beat THPS.

Sonic Adventure DX is coming out on Gamecube, and it is pretty lame. They just added new graphics, and they added extra mini-levels. I gave my Sonic Adventure to McClain when I sold 'em my extra Dreamcast.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:22 PM       
Quote:
GTA's missions are easy
That isn't the point. Get fucking 100% and then you can start bitching.

3 and VC for PC should have had multiplayer. It used to be great fun playing GTA2 multiplayer. Wish VC and 3 were like that but no not even LAN connections.

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:28 PM       
Exactly, Another reason why both gta 3 and vc were overated to me. The first gta was a blast multiplayer.
Mocker
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
That isn't the point. Get fucking 100% and then you can start bitching.
I did get 100%. I think you get the helicopter. I wasn't bitching. James was the one doing the bitching.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM       
I don't see your point, whore. It can't be overrated for something it doesn't have. It would be better with multiplayer, but it's not popular because it doesn't have it, so overrated because it doesn't have it? No. We're judging what IS there in here...most of us.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Just because a game can be beaten doesn't mean it's easy. GTA3, Vice City, and THPS4 had missions and objectives that can easily cause you to throw your controller down in frustration many times before completing it. Don't try to tell me you did PCJ Playground on your first try. Don't tell me you managed to manual all the way down Alcatraz without messing up once. And don't try to tell me Ambulance missions are a piece of cake.

The fact is, the games have parts in them that range from easy to groin-grabbingly hard. And frankly, if you ARE able to breeze through such tasks without a single problem, you seriously need a life more than I do, and I pity you greatly.

And more importantly, if you consider what I'm saying as bitching, then you need to realize that you're simply not fit to have mature conversations, since anything the counters your own opinions is considered "bitching." Go join Vince's fan club, if that's how you're gonna be.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
I did get 100%
Really? Damn, I'm missing some stuff on my continue and I still had fun playing the game for a long time.