Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM        Favorite Simpsons Quote Ever
The Movementarian cult comes to town, brainwashing the entire populace and taking away Rev. Lovejoy's flock.

Lovejoy is standing alone in his church in the middle of the night, pouring gasoline all over the place. He says, "Oh, Lord.... never thought I'd have to do this again."
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
When Homer drives away and says to Bart and Lisa in a somber tone "Goodbye kids, I need to go and do some serious thinking." Then after Homer Bart and Lisa say to each other "I'm sure he meant to say some serious drinking."
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 06:14 PM       
From the episode where Santa's Little Helper gets an operation: Homer:Well, he's got all the money in the world, but there's one thing he can't buy. Marge:What's that? Homer:....A dinosaur.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM       
Bart gets caught shoplifting:

Homer: "Stealing! How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives the sermons in church?! Captain Whatshisname!"
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM       
"I hope you won't judge the entire Brian Setzer Orchestra based on my actions."
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:46 PM       
Burns: You know, Smithers, I think I'll donate a million dollars to the local orphanage. When pigs fly!
[both Burns and Smithers start laughing, but then a pig flies by their window]
Smithers: Will you be donating that million dollars now, sir?
Burns: Hmm, no I'd still prefer not.
You may already be there.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM       
from mr. plow
homer:marge if you get upset every time i do something stupid, i'm gonna stop doing stupid things
marge: good
[homer turns around and crashes his face on the plows door]
marge: are you hurt?
Homer: nghh no

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 05:19 AM       
"Mr. Simpson, these tar fumes are making me dizzy."

"Yeah, they'll do that."
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:51 AM       
The Mr. Burns' bear/Citizen Kane parody episode:

Lisa: "That's Mr. Burns' Bear alright."
Homer: "Well he's not getting this cheap I'll tell you that! He's gonna have to give me... my own recording studio..."
(cut to Homer in a recording studio with a band)
Homer singing: "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed..." [starts drooling]
Producer's voice: "Homer, you're drooling on the microphone again"
(cut back to Homer at his house, still drooling on his hand)
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
When homer's heart is getting bad on him while driving and he thinks its his car so he pulls into the gas station. The clerk(Fake Charles Bronson) explains to Homer that he's got a bum ticker but his car is fine. Homer is relieved and then drives off. A younger(nerdy teenager) asks the older clerk what'll happen to Homer.

Older Clerk: "Billy, do you remember what happened to that old car that just didn't work anymore?"

Billy: "We're going to sell him to Mr. Nickopopolous?"

Older Clerk: "You're a dull boy Billy."
Forum Virgin
Wintermute is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM       
Tom, Bart's "bigger brother": You see Bart, whales aren't fish, they're mammals like you and me.
Peppy: Is that true Uncle Homer?
Homer: Pssht, no.

I'd also like to second captain516. I'd almost forgot about that one.

Also, fuck Family Guy.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Groening
I love these characters to death, but enough is enough. They have been on the air for twenty years now and there no possible situation I could put them in that they haven’t already been in many times before. I really think it’s time to say good bye to The Simpsons and company.
Thank god.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM       
Oh wow. I'm almost disapointed by that. Seasons 11 through 18 were awful but I actually started watching the show again and its funny.....again. They started to write intelligent, funny witty scripts this past year. At least they went out with a hell of a season with 20.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:47 AM       

"Worst joke ever. "
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 01:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Oh wow. I'm almost disapointed by that. Seasons 11 through 18 were awful but I actually started watching the show again and its funny.....again. They started to write intelligent, funny witty scripts this past year. At least they went out with a hell of a season with 20.
People keep saying this, but every time I catch a brand new episode it's just as awful as it's always been for the last decade. Maybe it did get better, but the charm certainly isn't there anymore.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM       
Yeah, in the early 2000s I thought people were too hard on it, and that it was still pretty good, despite jumping the shark nearly every episode. But then I forgot about for some reason, and went most of the past 5 years without seeing more than a commercial for it.

So when hulu came around I subscribed to the show on a whim, because it was there and started watching it again, not expecting it to be very good. But it somehow it was more lame than I imagined. The stories have no structure, the jokes are sometimes funny, but it doesn't matter because the show is a mess. They don't even have an ending most of the time, it just peters out. It feels like an uncreative kid is doing an impersonation of the simpsons.
They are clearly spending more money on the animation nowadays than holding themselves to the high standards of writing they used to. Its like their entire staff is nothing but punch up, and they just string the punch up together and write the show around it.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM       
I still watch the Simpsons but it just seems like the simpsons is just a show doing a parody of the old simpsons. Trying to copy the magic and although there are some things that work, most of it doesn't for me. That said, I'll probably still watch it until it's cancelled when Matt Groening dies and it goes even more downhill as people try to keep it alive...which will probably be in 30 years or so.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM       
They really should've stopped after the movie.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:03 PM       
They should have stopped before the movie. Or put the movie out about 5 years before they did.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM       
I was in the same boat as supafly, but I wound up seeing the movie instead after taking a long break.

Watching the movie was just surreal. Here was this show I used to love as a kid, and now, it's unrecognizable.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 05:04 PM       
I did always like the line when Lionel Hutz says something like. "This is the greatest case of false advertising I’ve seen since I sued the movie 'The Never Ending Story.'"
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM       
I know the kamp krusty episode was originally going to be a movie but was shortened into an episode.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM       
I don't go out of my way to watch it, but when I watch it I just take it for what it is and try to get the 2-3 laughs per episode it usually grants.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM       
I don't have time in my life to get two or three laughs per episode out of what used to be the most brilliant primetime cartoon show ever. It panders to a dumber and more easily distracted audience now, and all the characters speak in puns. The jokes aren't subtle and on a few occasions another character will flat out explain the joke. The list goes on.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog