Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Agreed. The fact that Ronnie tells me I'm NOT a Christian just more firmly cements my beliefs where they currently are. As I've stated before, I would never WANT to be his kind of Christian, and I will wear my "NOT a Christian (according to Ronnie, MOUTH OF THE MESSIAH)" badge with pride and honor.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:43 PM       
Afuckingmen to that!

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:51 PM       
"I would never WANT to be his kind of Christian, and I will wear my "NOT a Christian (according to Ronnie, MOUTH OF THE MESSIAH)" badge with pride and honor."

What you don't believe me? Shall I show you where Christ himself says that HE is the only way to heaven?....or do you already know it and choose to ignore it?
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
The fact is, fuckhead, that you don't know the will of God any better than any other man or woman alive. People interpret the Bible in many ways. Proto and I recognize this, interpret it our way, and hope that we're doing what's right. We know we might not be, so we don't judge others who interpret things differently. You, jackass, act as if you know the will of God and cast judgment on those who interpret things differently from you. Guess what, assclown! You could very well be wrong! In fact, I believe very much that you are. I just don't feel it's right for me to call you a non-Christian and attack your views because they don't mesh with my own. That's why I'm a tolerant person and you're an asshole.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Shall I show you where Christ himself says that HE is the only way to heaven?....or do you already know it and choose to ignore it?
SURE RONNIE THAT IS IT EXACTLY, YEP, THAT'S WHAT IT IS
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:11 PM       
I'm more tolerant than you are, Carnivore. I work with people from every color, country, religion, sexual orientation and we are all good friends. That's how it is when you work in international at the busiest airport in the world.....not to mention the passengers.

Proto, I'm going to be off this week but I'll be back in 3 days with a quote from Christ himself that will show that you are without a doubt, NOT a Christian.

I think it's important for you to realize that.

No harm intended.
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
Dude! He's going to get audio from Jesus! I can't wait to hear this!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
Naldo: You will not be back with a 'quote from Christ'. You will be back with a quote from the Gospels, written well after his death and not by the apostles as I imagine you believe, although no biblical scholar would agree, not that it matters. The Bible is not a tape recorder. The idea that it is the divine word of God revealed is an article of faith, to whichg you are entitled, but you can't expect others to accept it as fact.

Any point of text on which all four gospels agree is a good place to start with what Jesus probably said. I await your selcted quote for study.

Do your Homosexual friends know that you believe if they do not repent their orientation they will go to hell for eternity? I'm only guessing here, but it might make them like you less. Even if you do work in an international airport.

Are you implying that I have no Republican or Christian friends? I always thought I did, but then, sadly, I lack your power to define 'real' Christians and Republicans.
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:25 PM       
Does this mean he's not going to talk with Jesus and record the conversation for us?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:35 PM       
Fuck no. He's going to have a seance and use a Ouija board.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:13 PM        GOD
It still completely amazes me that people quote the bible and say "It says this so it must be right"

Take for exmple the going to heaven issue. Most religions, faiths, philosophies and cults have something in their text that explains the only way to get to heaven or achive enlightenment or be reincarnated as something desirable (which is by the way just another view of everlasting life) or attain whatever gift is to be bestowed upon you for being a good follower. What makes one any more right than the others?
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:20 PM       
Well, see, all the other religions throughout Human history are just made up hooey. Christianity is true. I guess God got sick and tired of watching people make up religions and so went ahead and revealed himself to the jews and then modified the package with Jesus so that a small group of people on earth would have access to the truth and everyone else could get with the program or go to hell. Then those rascally Isslamists tgried to take the religion a step further, but there just back to making shit up again. You know, like Catholics.

Clear, now?
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:18 PM        God
Oh......is that it?

Thanks Max, It's all clear now.

And here I thought that society, environment, language and culture might have had something to do with it......silly me.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:21 PM       
Ronnie, why do you want to prove that Proto is not a real Christian? Is it because you don't want him to be part of the same 'group' as you? Is it because you don't want to sit next to him on the busride to salvation on judgement day? Is it because you're being judgemental and susprisingly un-Christian?

Despite the many age-old laws the Bible may dictate, any fool can see when they read the Bible that Jesus was all about love. Love for the fellow man no matter if they were an unbeliever, a politician, a whore or an enemy. Hence why the good book stresses one should not judge their fellow man. THAT's what it's all about. Loving your fellow man and putting your faith in God to sort out the rest. That's "God", and not "Ronnie Raygun", see.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
God also says to stone lepers.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Proto, I'm going to be off this week but I'll be back in 3 days with a quote from Christ himself that will show that you are without a doubt, NOT a Christian.
Will it read something like this?

"Protoclown, you are NOT a Christian." - Ronnie 2:18
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:01 PM       
It's pretty clear y'all lack a serious religous educumation.

"And here I thought that society, environment, language and culture might have had something to do with it......silly me."
-Vibe

That is the case for ALL RELIGIONS. As stated in the book olf Naldo, Christianity is NOT a religion it is the TRUTH.

"Love for the fellow man no matter if they were an unbeliever, a politician, a whore or an enemy. "
-FS

Sure love THEM, that their SIN which if they do not REPENT you can love them as they go to hell for eternity. And if they don't accept Jesus you can love them all the way to hell no MATTER WHAT! Rest assured God loves you. But He can love you and damn you, becuae he gavce you a choice and as much as he loves you, rules are rules! I love my daughters, but if they do wrong, they need to be punished eternally or they'll never learn.

Oh and Naldo doesn't want to prove anything. It's not debatable. Proto ISN'T a CHRISTIAN and if he DOESN'T become one he will go to HELL for ETERNITY when he dies. It's NOT Naldo's fault, it's GODS!
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 11:56 AM       
No. It's Proto's.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 12:28 PM       
That's because being a good person is more important to me than being a "true Christian" in the eyes of Ronnie Raygun.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 12:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Is it because you don't want him to be part of the same 'group' as you? Is it because you don't want to sit next to him on the busride to salvation on judgement day? Is it because you're being judgemental and susprisingly un-Christian?
Funny how so many people who are part of organized religion enjoy being elitist, judgmental snobs ... the very anithesis of Christ. Quite a paradox, eh Ronnie? That's why I don't belong to any organized religion. I can analyze/interpret the Bible on my own terms. It's not meant to be take so literal anyway.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 01:19 PM       
"That's because being a good person is more important to me than being a "true Christian" in the eyes of Ronnie Raygun."

Proto, don't focus on me. focus on being a true Christian in the eyes of Jesus Christ. That's all I'd really like you to do. I'm not being snobbish or anything else like that. Why can't you just trust that I have the best of intentions. I can tell by the things you've said that you are not a Christian according to the word of Jesus Christ himself. You shouldn't get angry with me for pointing that out. I think it's important for you to know that What you say a Christian is, and what Christ says a Christian is is different. If your claiming to be a Christian, isn't that something important to know?

"Funny how so many people who are part of organized religion enjoy being elitist, judgmental snobs ... the very anithesis of Christ."

I agree 100%. I dealt with those people all of my life.

"Quite a paradox, eh Ronnie?"

Not really for me. I've been to church in just about every denomination that exists.....all the major ones at least. And I can tell you that most have a major flaw....at least one....others have lesser flaws....all are flawed in some way.

However, the vast majority of these people as individuals are not snobs, elitist or anything of the sort. They are ordinary people just like you and me ....or even Maxi....who just go to work, take their kids to soccer practice, cook dinner, pay taxes....the only difference is on top of all that...they've given control of their life over to Jesus Christ.

Many churches are responsible for appearing elitist many are not.

Many people like you are responsible for blaming people who are not.

"That's why I don't belong to any organized religion. I can analyze/interpret the Bible on my own terms."

That's what you are supposed to do. You shouldn't rely on what another man or woman has to say. Focus on GOD's inspired word.

"It's not meant to be take so literal anyway."

So literal as what?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
Responding the Ronnie way:
Quote:
Many churches are responsible for appearing elitist many are not.
Many people like you are responsible for blaming people who are not.
I was responsible for buying bread this morning. While that may or may not have anything to do with your point, I did see one word I liked and got a hankerin' for responding to it.

On an unrelated note:
Quote:
I'm only guessing here, but it might make them like you less. Even if you do work in an international airport.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM       
"You shouldn't rely on what another man or woman has to say. Focus on GOD's inspired word. "

But YOU, Naldo, claim to understand God's terms for being a Christian and being saved. Proto should not rely on how HE understnds God's inspired word, because he is WRONG. And he's going to HELL. You know this without a doubt.

Pony up, Naldo. In context, what's your text. Chapter and verse.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 06:49 AM       
Quote:
You shouldn't rely on what another man or woman has to say. Focus on GOD's inspired word.
Uh, same thing? Lots of men and women like to say words they claim God inspired them to say. Who is qualified to properly convey God's inspired word? I hope you don't name yourself.

Not relying on another man's words -yours- is exactly what Proto is doing as far as I can tell, and exactly what you are asking him to do.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 07:48 AM       
Pony up?

Jn. 14:6

Rom. 6:23

Jn. 5:11

Jn: 20:31

Jn: 3:36

Jn 3:3

Jn 6:37

Jn 3:7

Jn 3:16