Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
N00bKill3R N00bKill3R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saginaw, MI
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare
does any one knows who is the actor that plays archangel?
It's just angel, you bastard.
I second that
__________________
... and choda boy!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
darkvare darkvare is offline
taco loving zombie
darkvare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: zacatecas mexico bitches
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 11:53 PM       
oh sorry i forgot that in the usa they have different names
__________________

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Reply With Quote
  #28  
ArrowX ArrowX is offline
Banned
ArrowX's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM       
why do they have different names? I used to think they were two different characters when I was younger, because Angel had feathered wings and Archangel had steel ones and a cool costume. Then I watched the TV show and figured out Apocalypse made him that way.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Protoclown Protoclown is offline
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM       
One thing I will say about Juggernaut looking like shit:

Remember when the first movie came out and you saw the trailers and you were like "who the fuck is this no-name guy playing Wolverine? That's bullshit!" and don't say you didn't because I know you did because everyone did and if you say you didn't you're a fucking liar, but when you first saw him in that cage fight in the movie you were like "I'll be damned, maybe, just maybe this'll work!" and then he turned out to be the best he was at being the best Wolverine that being the best there is at what he does.

Yeah, Juggernaut looks like shit in the trailer but we might be surprised in the actual movie. That's all I'm saying.
__________________
"It's like I'm livin' in a stinkin' poop rainbow." - Cordelia Burbank
Reply With Quote
  #30  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 01:59 AM       
What the hell are you talking about?

This is the first I've heard of any Hugh Jackman hate.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Protoclown Protoclown is offline
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 02:20 AM       
Yes, I'm sure you were a big fan back when ol' Hugh was doing all those gay musicals, but most of us had no idea who the fuck he was back then. All we knew was that Wolverine was supposed to be Glenn Danzig, and he wasn't.
__________________
"It's like I'm livin' in a stinkin' poop rainbow." - Cordelia Burbank
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Ninjavenom Ninjavenom is offline
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 03:20 AM       
Well, if it's any condolence, Danzig is a total pussy and would have ruined the role.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Protoclown Protoclown is offline
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 09:14 AM       
Yes, this is true. And Jackman was perfect for the role, there's no denying it, but he was a total unknown before that movie.
__________________
"It's like I'm livin' in a stinkin' poop rainbow." - Cordelia Burbank
Reply With Quote
  #34  
AChimp AChimp is offline
Resident Chimp
AChimp's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The Jungles of Borneo
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM       
What really did it for me and Jackman was his role in Kate & Leopold.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 05:13 PM       
So Jackman being an unknown resulted in nerd rage? That's pretty stupid, though I guess I can see how those who are gay for Wolvie would have their concerns over his handling. But seriously, this is the first I've heard of this. First time I saw Jackman as Wolverine, I thought "That's fucking Wolverine."

And Glenn Danzig? The only time I heard of him as Wolverine was in Wizard Magazine's fantasy casting AT LEAST half a decade before any plans for an actual movie came about. But they nailed it on the head with Patrick Stewart and Alan Cumming.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
darkvare darkvare is offline
taco loving zombie
darkvare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: zacatecas mexico bitches
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
why do they have different names? I used to think they were two different characters when I was younger, because Angel had feathered wings and Archangel had steel ones and a cool costume. Then I watched the TV show and figured out Apocalypse made him that way.
well to put it in terms, in the comics they have the same names but i have no comics with angel on em. in tv juggernauts name was leviatan i found out his name was juggernaut when i played the capcom figthing games
__________________

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Reply With Quote
  #37  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM       
Angel was Angel, because his mutant powers were he grew wings and flew. He became Archangel when Apocalypse transformed him into his servant (one of the four horsemen, hence the new name).

Also, it was just pointed out to me that the script is being done by the same guy that worked on Catwoman, Elektra, and Charlie's Angels 2. And all this time, we've been worried about Ratner.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
The Retro Kat The Retro Kat is offline
Mocker
The Retro Kat's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: MYANUS.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 05:07 AM       
It was supposed to be Glenn Danzig as in the Misfits?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Spectre X Spectre X is offline
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dutchland
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 10:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
why do they have different names? I used to think they were two different characters when I was younger, because Angel had feathered wings and Archangel had steel ones and a cool costume. Then I watched the TV show and figured out Apocalypse made him that way.
well to put it in terms, in the comics they have the same names but i have no comics with angel on em. in tv juggernauts name was leviatan i found out his name was juggernaut when i played the capcom figthing games
No. It has always been Juggernaut. You're just an idiot.

Angel was called Archangel in the comics once, too. The cartoon adapted that incarnation of him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
everybody knows that pterodactyls hate the screech of a guitar :o
Reply With Quote
  #40  
ArrowX ArrowX is offline
Banned
ArrowX's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 04:11 PM       
Juggernaut isn't a mutant tho!!!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Supafly345 Supafly345 is offline
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: More like DIEwan
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 04:38 PM       
You are however, so go catch your house on fire.
__________________
"Quote from some guy I think is funny."
-Some guy I think is funny
Reply With Quote
  #42  
ArrowX ArrowX is offline
Banned
ArrowX's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 05:10 PM       
regardless of any changes to character the movie will most likeley rock.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Immortal Goat Immortal Goat is offline
Now with less sodium!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 05:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Ben Foster...you may know him as Tucker from Flash Forward :O
What are the odds?!
__________________
I like snow. If winter's going to be cold anyway, at least have it be fun to look at. Probably why I was with my ex for so long...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
regardless of any changes to character the movie will most likeley rock.
You've obviously not been paying attention, or you're just stupid. Or both.

Given your history here, my bet is on both.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
ArrowX ArrowX is offline
Banned
ArrowX's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 10:10 PM       
what? Just because the writer is crappy and they changes Juggernaut?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Pub Lover Pub Lover is offline
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mogadishu, Texas
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 11:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
Juggernaut isn't a mutant tho!!!
Ultimate Juggernaut is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
No YouTube embeds in your sigs, poindexter.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
darkvare darkvare is offline
taco loving zombie
darkvare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: zacatecas mexico bitches
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 11:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
why do they have different names? I used to think they were two different characters when I was younger, because Angel had feathered wings and Archangel had steel ones and a cool costume. Then I watched the TV show and figured out Apocalypse made him that way.
well to put it in terms, in the comics they have the same names but i have no comics with angel on em. in tv juggernauts name was leviatan i found out his name was juggernaut when i played the capcom figthing games
No. It has always been Juggernaut. You're just an idiot.

Angel was called Archangel in the comics once, too. The cartoon adapted that incarnation of him.
no is not because it would be difficult for kids to pronounce jugger naut so they channged it to leviatan is the same thing they did with the blob wich name was changed to mole
__________________

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Reply With Quote
  #48  
executioneer executioneer is offline
OH GOD
executioneer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 12:53 AM       
ok please post a link to the imdb page to whatever x-men cartoon or tv show you are talking about because none of us have ever seen it
__________________
[COLOR=purple][COLOR=Magenta]SHAME ON A [COLOR=Pink]NIGGA WHO TRY TO RUN [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA"]GAME[/URL] ON A NIGGA[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #49  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 01:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
what? Just because the writer is crappy and they changes Juggernaut?
Movie is directed by someone who may or may not hate the X-Men series.

Movie was rushed to release in order to combat Superman, directed by forcer X-Men director.

Movie written by guy who did writing for Elektra, Catwoman, Charlie's Angels 2.

Juggernaut is a gay gladiator.



Believe me, I want this to be good, but I have my reservations. Also, the trailer just had that Charlie's Angels/Matrix feel to it, in that there's a whole lot of flash and super-sleek moments just for the sake of being flashy. Like catching the sunglasses in mid-air, or huge explosions. The first 2 X-Men films had their share of flash, but the trailer shows nothing but, which leaves me worrying about what kind of substance we have.

Not to mention the script review I read a few months ago about how the story goes.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
executioneer executioneer is offline
OH GOD
executioneer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 01:31 AM       
edit: NEVER MIND ITS LIKE KICKING A RETARDED PUPPY
__________________
[COLOR=purple][COLOR=Magenta]SHAME ON A [COLOR=Pink]NIGGA WHO TRY TO RUN [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA"]GAME[/URL] ON A NIGGA[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.