Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM        SUBSPACE - I-Mockery zone. JOIN TODAY!
If I setup a time and place where we could all meet each week and play subspace in a zone for I-Mockery users, how many of you would play it?

Subspace/Continuum is a free download game, and while it might look like asteroids at first glance, it's much, much more. Custom ship settings for 8 different ships all with specialties, graphic and sound mods, and the game involves the greatest shit-talking on earth. Plus it's so small and simple that it can run on even the shittiest computers out there. And yes, it's an online game only and you can have as many players in a single game as you want... there is no limit whatsoever.

You can learn more about the game here:
http://beginners.subspace.net

Lemme know what you guys think.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 04:00 PM       
I quit playing Subspace a long time ago, but I'd start back up if something like this got off the ground. Upgrade!
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 05:00 PM       
I'll gladly join.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 10:31 PM       
I'll play but hey weren't you guys talking about making some kind of I-mockery internet apartment building using Mega man sprites.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:26 PM       
i will play this game but i would rather play worms or soomething
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:25 AM       
I am up for playing.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:53 AM       
Let's wok and woll cap'n. :3
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 12:55 PM       
Ok, I'll go ahead and get a simple tutorial setup on how you guys can get the game setup and join the i-mockery zone. If you guys want, though, maybe discuss some times that would be best for you to play? Personally, I'm more likely to be available late nights after 11pm EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas
I'll play but hey weren't you guys talking about making some kind of I-mockery internet apartment building using Mega man sprites.
Not that it has anything remotely to do with this thread, but yes we were planning on doing something like that. But since there's always a bajillion things going on here at once, some things get put on the backburner. It will happen though...
Mocker

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM       
what's EST in GMT? I'm in GMT + 02:00, meaning, this post was made when it was 7:35 here in greece.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:10 PM       
gmt -5:00
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:11 PM       
Ok, as promised, here's the tutorial on how to get yourself setup to play in the i-mockery arena in the T3 Gauntlet zone of Subspace.

First thing you'll need to do is download the latest version of Subspace/Continuum from HERE. Install the game by running the .exe file.

(Note: Those of you who haven't played the game before might also want to familiarize yourself with some of the basic ship controls 'n what not. You can read up on that information HERE.)

1. Once installed, run the Continuum program.
2. Click on 'Profile'
3. Enter a 'Name' and 'Password'
4. From the menu up top, choose the Highest Resolution you can comfortably play at (Tip: the higher the res, the farther you can see).
5. Click 'OK'.

Now click on the 'ZONES' tab up at the top of the screen.

From here you'll want to click the 'DOWNLOAD ZONES' button. Once you do this, you'll see the zone called 'T3 The Guantlet! (SSC)' somewhere down on the list. Highlight it and click the "ADD ZONE" button. Then click OK.

Now you'll be back on the main screen of the program. Simply highlight the 'T3 The Guantlet! (SSC)' zone and click the 'PLAY' button. The program will then attempt to enter the zone and you'll see it start to download the zone. Once it reaches 100% you will be placed inside the main zone arena and you'll probably see a lot of chaotic battles going on.

From there simply type in ' ?go i-mockery ' and hit enter. You will then be placed into the i-mockery arena.

Now that you're in the arena, you'll probably see some people in there waiting to fight. All you have to do now is choose a ship (press Esc and then hit any number between 1 and 8 to choose different ships) and you can begin flying around and battling.

To talk with the other people in the zone, all you have to do is type what you want to say and hit enter. It's really easy.

If you guys have any questions, just let me know. I hope this tutorial helps!
OH GOD
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:34 PM       
okay now here is a question that should have been addressed in the manual or some online tutorial but has not been: what's the difference between the ships?
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:47 PM       
http://beginners.subspace.net/guide/...hp&title=Ships

Click on the ships.

Haha, this is my 101 post!
Mocker
Spooky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Ok, I'll go ahead and get a simple tutorial setup on how you guys can get the game setup and join the i-mockery zone. If you guys want, though, maybe discuss some times that would be best for you to play? Personally, I'm more likely to be available late nights after 11pm EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas
Not that it has anything remotely to do with this thread, but yes we were planning on doing something like that. But since there's always a bajillion things going on here at once, some things get put on the backburner. It will happen though...

just like the rpg i planned on making

and the zombie movie

and everything else

sup rog? <3
OH GOD
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyandquietguy
http://beginners.subspace.net/guide/index.php?page=ships/index.php&title=Ships

Click on the ships.

Haha, this is my 101 post!
why the heck does it say the manual talks about the ships it doesnt
Mocker

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM       
Just gonna have to go with what they give, I guess.
OH GOD
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 05:35 PM       
bah i am terrible at this game forget it
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM       
Willie, come into the zone. Ninjavenom is in there. you two can play each other and get used to the controls. everyone is terrible at first, just like with any game...
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 06:36 PM       
my computer is six years old.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM       
doesn't matter. this game was made about 8 years ago. it works on just about any computer.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM       
it's fun ya'll :O
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 07:38 PM       
Seriously you guys get in here and play, its extremely cool.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:39 PM       
Guys Willie and Publover are both playing as will as shyandqueitguy, come on join the party.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 11:16 PM       
i just played and it was a lot better than i remember, probably because i wasn't in a room with 23482957230 people
Mocker

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 02:05 AM       
Well it's fun when people are coordinating and it's not just random middle safety dogfights.