Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM       
Great review, zero.

The sexist remarks were particularly informing.
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 01:09 PM       
God, I had loads of people like that when i went to see King Kong
Although it was a bit of a shit film, the 3 year olds at the front were really off-putting

If any of the trailers were to be made into films, I hope Thanksgiving is included! I just love the way the voice keeps saying the name over and over again.... reminds me of that evil headon advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE

I remember ages ago, I was tlaking to a friend of my dad's who works in the movie industry, and apparently they make all the squelchy sounds for the gore with a wooden spoon and a melon
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 02:45 PM       
My theater didn't have the special Trailer exclusive to the canadian release "Hobo With A Shotgun"

http://www.devilducky.com/media/58566/

It won some contest to be included.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenor View Post
Great review, zero.

The sexist remarks were particularly informing.

I would like to back up his argument that fat middle-aged white women are amusing theatre-goers. We get more than enough of them in Coos Bay's theatre.

Sample Quotes:

Pan's Labyrinth
"He's on a HORSE!"

War of the Worlds
"WHAT?"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND."
"WHAT'S SHE DOING?"
"WHO'S THAT PERSON?"
"WHAT?"
(character has blood forcibly removed) "DID THEY KILL HIM?"

"I can't bah-lieve they killed the cute one."

The Illusionist
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."

Note: It was confirmed that she and her date were indeed watching the movie. Retardation is suspected.

Superman Returns
"WHAT?"
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 03:43 PM       
I bet those quotes could be placed on the audience of EVERY film I've watched
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM       
I couldn't care less if my remarks are sexist, guy.

The fact still remains that more than 3/4ths of the people that complained were dumb, middle-aged, white women. They're the same people that left during the fake trailers. I didn't get it.

Everybody else had exactly the same reactions during the movie except for them. They were aghast. Many "Oh-my-lord!"s were heard. Thankfully much of the audience was really, really cool.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM       
FINE!

It's true and very annoying to here them gasping and whispering at every little scene change.

errr.. what is so funny about saying I'm a guy?

Last edited by Lenor : Apr 7th, 2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: question..
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM       
You reminded me of something. I like how, in Planet Terror, when one scene would end, another would begin without any cuts or missing a beat, i.e. when one person is followed out of a door the camera pans over to someone walking through the same door or when Dakota leaves the hospital parking lot and El Wray pulls up to get Cherry.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM       
Cherry got her leg chopped off right, and then her boyfriend used his souped up machine gun to replace it?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM       
It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenor View Post
Cherry got her leg chopped off right, and then her boyfriend used his souped up machine gun to replace it?
Not gonna say anything, but he replaces her leg with the machine gun towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"
I love it when people walk into things they don't understand (through pure stupidity and ignorance on their part) and be completely frustrated.

Best Role: NICHOLAS CAGE AS FU MANCHU.
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM       
there will be full length cuts of each movie on the dvd :O
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM       
OH SHIT fathom I forgot about the FuManChu part, that trailer is the best thing Rob Zombie will ever do in his life.

The most letdown trailer IMO tho was "Don't" by Edgar Wright. Its still awesome funny but compared to Thanksgiving and Machete it pales.

By the way any of you guys get Rodriguez's Evil Dead reference in Planet Terror?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 01:10 PM       
Naw, but I got the Zatoichi reference in Death Proof.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM       
Saw this with Jen on Friday, started at 10:30 and we did not get out until 2:00 AM. Wow, what an awesome movie! First of all, I couldn't stop laughing through most of Planet Terror. Fucking insanley good flick! The T&A was kind of overdone, but it was expected. I loved how the intro to PT had the go-go dance, and in the intro to DP it was just FEET!!!

And for all you stupid fucks who diss on Hostel, Thanksgiving was proof at how badass Eli Roth is. The Thanksgiving preview alone more than paid for my girlfriend & I's ticket's! All the previews had me laughing, I fucking loved them!

Death Proof sucked at first, but the ending was AWESOME! "I am ok!" As Zoe jumped out of the bushes was predictable but at the same time great. It was slow, but when it got going it was on-the-edge-of-your-seat tension :o My girlfriend was like squeezing the shit my hand all during the last chase, we didn't know what the fuck was going to happen! But when it ended, it ended PERFECTLY!

GODDAMN THAT BAR-B-QUE SAUCE

spoiler: LOL WHEN THEY CRUSH KURT RUSSELS HEAD AT THE END
Banned
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM       
OH AND BEST LINE: "they can all live in the same tank!"
BEST ROLE: THE NUT COLLECTOR GUY

Edit: alot of people did walk out, but most of the people stayed. My girlfriend argued with me that DP was better, but I think she was just into the girl diologue :0 BUT THE FUCKING STUNT WOMEN VS STUNT MAN MIKE CHASE WAS SOOO EXCELLENT :o Zoe was a BAD ASS
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM       
"I only want one thing from you...

Your balls."
Banned
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM       
"UH THERE DOSN'T HAPPEN TO BE ANOTHER BIOCHEMIST AROUND HERE POSSIBLY?"
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM       
"But I always wanted to be a stand-up comedian."
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM       
Thanks fuckers, now I'll have to go see this movie. :/ haha
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM       
When El Wray says "I never miss" for the last time just about every guy in the theater was like "OOOH YEAH!"
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 09:12 PM       
I don't like how Stuntman Mike turned into a wuss near the end. Everyone in the theater was laughing when he was screaming from sterilizing his wound. It was great, though.

The vehicle stunts are frickin' amazing. Hearing Mike lecture Vic. 1 on how to make a vehicle Death Proof and why was funny and cool to me.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 02:18 AM       
"Boy's got the devil in 'im..."

Nick Cage as Fu Manchu had me nearly pissing myself in laughter

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Banned
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 01:09 PM       
OK I saw it AGAIN last night with a gaggle of friends who were all wanting to go, so I agreed, just to see it again.

there is alot of references to Death Proof in Planet Terror, IE on the radio SPOILER SPOILER

"In loving memory of our very own Jungle Julia"

ALSO, upon 2nd viewing of Grindhouse:

Death Proof REALLY sucks.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 01:58 PM       
The trailers for Machete, Thanksgiving, and Don't were all awesome. The only one I hated was Rob Zombie's "werewolf women" trailer. That one blew ass. It didn't even go with the time period that all the other trailers were spoofing. In fact, it looked like everything else Rob has already done before. Plus he had to stick his wife in there (again) and have her performing on stage in a dress JUST like she did in House of 1000 Corpses. Fucking boring.

Eli Roth should also call it quits now because, sadly, this trailer is the best thing he's ever done in his career. The guy can't direct a decent new movie (take a look at that piece of shit "Hostel" for example), but he clearly does have talent when you see something like Thanksgiving. He really should make that into a full-length movie and then call it quits.

As for the main movies themselves, I'm not sure which I liked more and will have to watch them again, but I'm probably leaning towards Death Proof.