Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM       
The first part of my dream had me eat a bit of cake and then heard about someone else being pregnant. I somehow thought that I was also pregnant (from eating the cake), but then remembered that this is impossible.

Sometime later, I'm at a baseball field. I walk around the edge of it, well out of the way of the players. One of the guys on the field yells at me to get off. Somehow, it's like I'm reading an e-mail he sent to his father. He complains that I'm an "Asian Airhead" (which makes no sense). I tell the guy that I was sorry, but he was being rather rude. This then starts a series of e-mail arguments between me, this guy, and his dad. The dad takes his son's side and continues to insist that I'm the one who's wrong and basically to shut up and go away. Sometime in there, I realize that the family is the ones who used to live a few houses down. He recognizes me.

Cut to his "revenge", which is a video he recorded of himself and his son laughing about my dad believing in the theory of evolution. He specifically says "Did you hear about [my Dad's name here]? He believes that monkeys turned into people in an afternoon! And then he believes that certain animals died in a flood". (Yes, I realize that it's the fundies who think everyone died in Noah's Flood. I think my mind mixed that up with the idea of a meteor killing the dinos). I started to do some sort of a corrective reply, but decide that it isn't worth it.

Then I find a video someone posted about our president, who is somehow Jim Gaffegin who looks and acts like Larry the Cable Guy. The person is laughing about the president because he doesn't do anything important in the video besides deciding that it's wrong to kill a rare species of owl. I am just about to conceed that yes, I disagree with Gaffegin being president, but then my alarm goes off.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM       
I had my first good night's sleep last night, and the dream was... odd.
It started off with my school's theatre tech crew, myself included, being offered to tech a play at the theatre downtown. When we get there, they won't tell us what to do, or what it's for, and there are practically no supplies, so we're just slacking off and making shit up as we go, hoping it might work.
Then, my girlfriend showed up and started trying to stab me, while nobody else did anything about it.
Didn't make much sense.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM       
Sounds like a variant of the actor's nightmare. I've had quite a few dreams where I'm late for a performance, I'm not in costume, my hair and make-up aren't done, I can't find my shoes, and my cue is in ten seconds. And the musical isn't the one we rehearsed.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:48 AM       
I had a dream that was like watching 2 different tv shows.

The first was about some woman who was trapped in her house in a snowstorm. She fell off a couch or something and broke her arm, and somehow that led to a pulmonary embolism, and she got her window pried open. I'm not sure if she stuck her arms out into the snow and that did something, or if she climbed out the window, because I saw both. But they were calling her a hero for whatever it was she did. It kind of looked like one of those re-enactment shows.

The second was about some woman in Regency England who was a bit of a raving bitch. The show described how she would take things away from people and destroy them because she thought they were too attached to them. At one point, she was fighting another woman over a book. The other woman left the room, and the book was lying on the floor. The bitchy woman stepped on it, used it to skate across the parquet floor to the door, and flung it out into the snow. Later in the "show", they said she became a nun, which with that kind of personality was probably the only available career path.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM       
My dream last night started out with me looking through some sort of old store which had huge piles of stuff lying around. I was looking for a Dawn Doll I heard was there, but I couldn't find it (and anyway I had no idea what it looked like). I found what I thought was a Barbie doll wig which I considered buying, until I found out that it was just a reguarl Barbie doll with the face ripped off. The store owner then started to offer me a lot of minitures for my doll house which I loved, except that I owned some, didn't need some, and the rest didn't match the style of the house.

Then there was some thing were I was watching a movie but somehow in it at the same time. I was in a contest were you needed a guy to dance across my elementary school baseball field with you. At the last minute, the younger brother of a girl named Meg joined me. He mentioned that he used to have a crush on me, but grew out of it. Cue a weird flashback, in which he was at a daycare center were a ewe had recently had babies and the daycare lady was showing the children how the babies nursed.

Then, an old lady on a motorcycle (with a DVD player on the back) shows up to get the little brother. Somehow, he's Harry Potter and he's being called off to his next adventure. I'm angry (and no longer in the movie) because the obvious sequel they're setting up for is not a book JKR wrote and is just being made to get more money (it would be in between COS and POA). I go home and tell my parents about it.

Most of the dream after that is some weird Little Mermaid thing. Ariel has done some sort of a transformation and I and her two friends keep having to hide her from the bad guys coming after her.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM       
you dream a lot.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM       
i had a dream a few hours ago that Randy Orton and I were discussing fitness and generally bro'ing the fuck out. Some other fan tried to talk to him and we just sorta avoided him.

then orton tried to tell me that it'd take me 20 years to be as fit as him.

oh, you <3
Insane Writer
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
you dream a lot.
That's because people remember what they dream just before they wake up. On days when I get up at seven or eight for class, I tend to fall back to sleep for fifteen to thirty minutes before getting up letting me remember what I dream better.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:50 AM.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:43 AM       
Finally remembered my dream from last night.

I was in a place that was supposed to be my high school cafeteria, except that it was outside with picnic benches and food vendors and seemed to be overlooking some body of water. There were also a lot of people there who obviously weren't students. Most of the people sitting at my table were elderly people and they kept making rude comments about people who were within earshot. First they said something about Lori Baxtor (from Big Wolf on Campus). I glanced at her and she had some look between being embarassed and shrugging it off.

I went to one of the vendors and got a huge amount of fried and breaded chicken. I took it back to the table and began to mix it into some sort of stew in a bowl of marinara sauce. As I was doing this, the elderly people started talking - again in audible whispers - about how weird I was to eat my chicken that way and couldn't I eat it like a normal person? I gave them a look to let them know that yes, I could hear them and they got sort of embarassed and shut up.

I then remember that I was updating my GaiaOnline Aquarium which had several fancy items and fish in it. I set in a rather large fish that I just bought, then I put in a smaller fish. The smaller fish disappeared literally seconds after I put it in and I was annoyed (the fish cost real money). Suddenly, I realized that the large fish I put in - which looked totally noncarnivorous - had eatten the smaller fish. Not only that, but it then - before my eyes - proceeded to eat every other fish in the Aquarium as well as many of the items before I could get it out. There were trace amounts of cartoonish blood in the water and I was horrified that Gaia would make such a fish.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:06 AM       
I'm doing a small experiment for my Psychology class on the effects of sleep deprivation. I'm talking with my girlfriend to help me stay up for a while, and I'm somehow combining two different subjects in mid-sentence ('Yeah, that guy was a dick I got the whole set for $17') and just randomly speaking gibberish ('I dunno how goldfish greand piano').
This is kinda funny.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:11 AM       
Hahahaha whoops; fail.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:39 AM       
fail indeed.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM       
I learned about those experiments in my high school psychology class. You actually start hallucinating after some time passes. Ironcially, we learned about it the week we had prom - which went from about ten o'clock until five in the morning.

Oh lord, last night I dreamt that a number of female cartoon characters ate a rare type of egg and all got pregnant. The cartoon characters my dream focused on? The Powerpuff Girls. Yes, they got pregnant also. Ugh...
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
I had one this weekend about going to a yard sale, and the lady running it says she has some great kids clothing behind what looked like an outdoor window. I opened the window and inside was a closet with some clothes and an ugly baby doll. On a second look, I see the "baby doll" is alive, barely. I pick it up, turn around and tell the lady I'm calling social services on her ass. She apparently has another 5 or 6 kids, and she is all like "oh he's OK, there's no need to do that" at which point I woke up.

Probably has something to do with my being a foster parent.
You may already be there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM       
how much sleep dep are we talking here ls
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM       
Last night I fell asleep with some pessimistic news show on and I had awful nightmares about some sort of post-apocalyptic world where we were boarding ships to escape and had to leave our pets behind. It was a terrible dream. I'm never falling asleep with that shit going on the TV again.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
how much sleep dep are we talking here ls
As long as I can hold out without flipping out or anything.
And it's been three days now, and I've gotten to the hallucinations. They started off as weird shadows in the corner of my eye, and just things looking like they just moved a little, and now I'm thinking I'll see one of my friends in my house, and probably the worst one has been when I thought a parked truck was going to hit me at school, and freaked out.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Three days? I get the shadows thing if I stay up past midnight.

And just wait. First hand accounts have reported hallucinations like seeing a wall open up to reveal a forest and a jacket being covered with furry worms.

There's actually a chapter dedicated to such an experiment in the book Elephants on Acid: And Other Bizzare Experiments
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM       
I love that book!
I'm kinda looking forward to that, actually.
I've had to retype this post so many times....
Insane Writer
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM       
Woot. Well, I wish you luck.

And take joy, at least there's no sign that sleep deprevation in humans causes any kind of damage.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM       
You've obviously never read the Russian Sleep Experiment.
http://rip747.wordpress.com/2009/08/...tory-ive-read/
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 12:04 AM       
Oh wow.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM       
My grandmother has this really steep staircase that leads to her basement. I broke my tailbone on it once as a kid because I thought it would be safer to sit-scoot down it than walk down it. Anyway, her house is also something of a Winchester House phenomenon, and she's always replacing stairways and walkways with steep ramps and stuff (there is a stairway that leads to nowhere, just like the picture in that link).

So I think that's where last night's dream came from.

I was supposed to go to her basement to get something, which I don't like doing anyway because I stay away from the stairs. I opened the door and immediately lost my balance and had to grab the doorframe to steady myself (I'm told I made a yelping noise in my sleep). I looked down and the staircase had been replaced with a ridiculously steep ramp, steeper than most playground slides. The entire nightmare consisted of being slightly off-balance and trying to keep from falling down this ramp.

I must really have some psychological thing with stairs, ramps and balance because lately they've made up a good 80% of my nightmares.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM       
Well, my experiment ended in a terrifying ordeal after five days. I was lurching to my third period class, and began hallucinating that I was in some woods, alone. when one of the 'tree's ran into me, I knew I needed to go to sleep before things got worse.