Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM       
Minor twist in the SI story, according to this they may not have all their facts straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
“I’ve raised my son right,” the father told the Advocate late Thursday. “My son has no tattoos. He does not have any drug problems. I have every bit of his memorabilia that he’s ever got from Ohio State.”
The article questions if this claim is true but goes on to say that if it is the SI article's validity is brought into question. 2 different fathers saying these allegations are false though is something worth looking in to.

Further down
Quote:
In an interview with 790 The Zone in Atlanta, Isaac was very vehement in stating that Tressel was unaware of what was going on until Monus was indicted on federal charges, with the issues involving Isaac and other YSU players only seeing the light of day when they came out during the trial.

“Jim Tressel never ever knew anything about our dealings. I kept it secret. To say Coach Tressel knew about this car, or knew about this money, listen, the only way that anyone knew about the money I received from Youngstown State University was Mickey Monus got indicted on $1.1 million worth of embezzlement and fraud. In documents and public record, they found checks that were written to me. … That’s the only way that this situation came to light. … Other than that, no one in the history of the world would have known the Mickey Monus paid me a dime.”
While I tend to not want to believe this guy because he has a rep of a dishonest person, there's always the possibility he is telling the truth in this case, but that opens a whole separate can of worms because then it goes even further than the athletic department

Quote:
Isaac wasn’t the only person to refer to at least a portion of the piece as a lie. Now-retired Youngstown State University president Leslie Cochran told the Youngstown Vindicator that a quote attributed to him in the SI article was, in his words, “fabricated“.

“I never said that,” Cochrane told the Vindicator; “He absolutely said it. Not sure what more we can say,” Epstein wrote on Twitter when apprised of Cochran’s denial.
This is a case of he said/he said (paraphrase), and it will be impossible to sort this one out I think.

Bottom line is if this is true and SI fabricated some of the facts for this article, it will result in a shitstorm where those like me who have maintained the media has favorites in sports and those darling schools get a blind eye turned on their wrongdoing while Big 10 schools get put under a constant microscopic surveillance, will be out in force because this would put a piece of valid proof that our theory is correct out there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 03:38 AM       
For what it's worth, the SI author, George Dohrmann won a Pulitzer Prize in 2000 for exposing the academic scandal within the Minnesota men's basketball program, so I'm hard pressed to believe that he simply fabricated information.

Even if you throw those allegations out the window, there still is this whole matter:
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/docs-o...mpliance-29737

There's simply too much smoke at OSU right now for there to be no fire.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM       
Probably right, I was simply saying that if there was even a little fabrication (and if these 2 dads are accurate in their statement there is) it will call the whole article into question, and will make people question why SI published it and further supported it in the first place. Especially when every football program south of the Mason-Dixon line has smoke of their own, most of which have gone not investigated by any media outlet for years.

The more this sort of stuff goes on, the more I think the whole system needs to change, if we are going to treat men's college football and basketball like a business, we have to start paying all its employees. Right now the NCAA gets away with not only being a monopoly but it also gets away with labor working below minimum wage (in fact the athletes work for the minimumest of wages :chappelleshow.) These 'football interns' work for a slight chance to go pro, but most of them never will go pro. The NCAA pretty much promotes slavery when they promote these draconian policies.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I assure you, my favorite team's poor performance has nothing to do with me posting links about the biggest CFB scandal of the year. I suggest you wipe away your tears with your wadded up panties.
Why are you taking it so serious? It's all in good fun. Just mocking.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Why are you taking it so serious? It's all in good fun. Just mocking.
Your post came off as being rather crybaby-ish.
filthiest soap dish
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
it ight
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 06:05 PM       
Many "experts" seem to think that MSU now has the upper hand in the BigWhatever. They return seven offensive and six D players, but lost Mark Dell and some key O-liners. Plus they start a couple of new secondary replacements and LB newbies. But Cousins will probably be one of the premier QBs in the conference if Dantonio can input the right people at the line...plus the Spartan RB corp returns in full.
On D, Worthy returns despite the LB issues, and the team is tough up the middle. But not at the outside. They also start some talented youth at secondary. Their schedule is not too bad, with the tougher teams and a discredited and weakened Buckeye team early.
My choice? How about Nebraska?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailCall View Post
How about Nebraska?
They certainly have fortune on their side in the timing of this exodus to the Big 10(12) don't they
filthiest soap dish
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 01:43 AM       
I honestly believe defensive coordinator Luke Fickell is going to do an amazing job on both sides of the ball. I think you're going to see Barry and Hall run an explosive spread type offense with Braxton Miller engineering as the quarterback which seems to be a more practical and balanced duel threat QB (for atleast the first 5 games, quite possibly the whole season). I think Fickell is really going to utilize these guys, along with others, more than you would see in a Tressel style offense. Regardless, it is all about adapting for both the players and coach in a year full of turmoil.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM       

CFL or UFL? So many tough choices!
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Did that really happen?
Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- The Saskatchewan Roughriders have acquired the negotiating rights to Terrelle Pryor and have spoken to Pryor's lawyer about bringing the former Ohio State quarterback to the Canadian Football League.
Pryor's attorney, Larry James, said Wednesday that the CFL is a genuine possibility for the ex-Buckeye.
"Yeah, it's like I told (the Roughriders). My house is not for sale, but at the right price, it's on the market," James said.
James was in a meeting and had yet to speak with Pryor about the Roughriders, however. James said he did not believe Pryor had ever mentioned the CFL as a strong possibility in their conversations.
Pryor, a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, announced on Tuesday that he is giving up his senior season while the NCAA investigates Ohio State players getting improper benefits, including tattoos, cash and possible sweetheart deals on cars. Pryor has admitted he broke NCAA rules by accepting improper benefits from a Columbus tattoo-parlor owner.
Roughriders general manager Brendan Taman told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the team owned Pryor's CFL negotiation rights and was intrigued by the 6-foot-6, 233-pound quarterback.
"He's a heck of an athlete," Taman said. "We get a lot of U.S. college football up here. We're well aware of him. With the (bigger) field up here in Canada, with the athlete that he is, he would be an interesting component to come up here and run around and do some things as a quarterback."
Taman said he was more concerned about Pryor's passing ability than his past.
"It (the CFL) is a pass-oriented league, so that's one thing he'd have to master," he said. "But as a runner he would flourish up here, I know."
Asked if the ongoing NCAA investigation into Pryor and the fact that he was unable to complete his college career would be a concern for the Roughriders, Taman said no.
"Any time we sign a player we check into their character and whatnot," he said. "If we get these talks advanced, we'd obviously have a thorough discussion with him and get input back on exactly what went down. What little I know about him, I don't think there's anything that's a major red flag that he's just totally a kid you would ignore."
Taman said Pryor is being looked at by the Roughriders strictly as a quarterback. There had been speculation that Pryor might have to switch to wide receiver or tight end in the pros because of his footwork and arm strength.
Pryor has other options. He could make himself available for an NFL supplemental draft, although there are questions about whether one will be held due to the labor unrest in the league.
He also could take a year off to heal from ankle surgery last January and prepare for next year's NFL draft. Many experts think that might be the way to go.
"When we look at him athletically I think he's a good athlete, but I don't think he's an athlete like (former Auburn QB and Heisman Trophy winner) Cam Newton," said NFL draft analyst and former general manager of the Dallas Cowboys Gil Brandt.
Or Pryor could even join another player who fell into disfavor and did not finish his Ohio State career, running back Maurice Clarett, and sign with a team in the United Football League. Clarett plays for the Omaha Nighthawks.
Nighthawks coach Joe Moglia didn't sound excited about the idea of that pairing.
"The job of any coach is to do what's in the best interest of his players, his coaches and his fans," he said. "If that were to come up, we would take a look at that. I'm not the type of guy normally who hypothesizes on something that probably, under normal circumstances, may not happen."
James said he will discuss the opportunities with Pryor, possibly next week.
"We would try to get through next week in order to do our due diligence, in order to figure out where we are," James said. "No. 1, try to figure out whether the NFL's going to have a supplemental draft. If they are, what's the timetable and what's the protocol. Then we'd also explore what are the processes and procedures for the Canadian league and what would be the dates and deadlines and decisions to be made."
He added, "And any other options that might be available for Terrelle. So we're going to go through A, B, C options."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a7&eref=sihp
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailCall View Post
Many "experts" seem to think that MSU now has the upper hand in the BigWhatever. They return seven offensive and six D players, but lost Mark Dell and some key O-liners. Plus they start a couple of new secondary replacements and LB newbies. But Cousins will probably be one of the premier QBs in the conference if Dantonio can input the right people at the line...plus the Spartan RB corp returns in full.
On D, Worthy returns despite the LB issues, and the team is tough up the middle. But not at the outside. They also start some talented youth at secondary. Their schedule is not too bad, with the tougher teams and a discredited and weakened Buckeye team early.
My choice? How about Nebraska?
I've got Nebraska winning the B1G West and Wisconsin (especially if they get Russell Wilson) winning the East with Nebraska winning the whole shabang.

OSU isn't the only program with issues right now as WVU has forced out Bill Stewart allowing coach-in-waiting Dana Holgerson to take over a year earlier than planned. Gotta love how Stewart dug his own grave:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ia-head-coach/
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 10:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post

OSU isn't the only program with issues right now as WVU has forced out Bill Stewart allowing coach-in-waiting Dana Holgerson to take over a year earlier than planned. Gotta love how Stewart dug his own grave:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ia-head-coach/
The ESPN joke parade continues on. Rich Rod returning to the Mountaineers with his tail between his legs? How about Tress in the Big House??
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM       
I'm curious to see which 1st round pick a team is willing to give up to draft Pryor because Rosenhaus is convinced that's where he's going.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM       
Pryor is going to be on an ESPN special

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...pryor-in-tampa

Quote:
The one-hour show will air June 28 at 9 p.m. on ESPN and will re-air at 10 p.m. that day on ESPN 2
I wonder if he will use his hour on ESPN to announce he will not be playing for the Browns
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM       
Looks like Oregon is the next program that could be in a heap of trouble. Chip Kelly may be going the way of the Vest:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...with-recruits/
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM       
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:16 AM       
Alright Buckeye fans this might be taking things just a little too far:

Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 12:56 AM       

Fall is creeping ever so closer and with falling leaves and sweatshirt weather comes the great sport of college football. This off-season was one of the craziest in recent memory. Huge scandals in Columbus and Coral Gables, accusations of wrongdoing in Eugene and Baton Rouge, coaches unexpectedly fired (Bill Stewart at WVU and Butch Davis at UNC), and more conference musical chairs made for pure entertainment the past 8 months. Here's a quick refresher or for those who don't know the difference between FBS and FCS, a good primer.

Let's take a quick look back at last season. Auburn, led by Cam ($Cam, as Bama fans like to say) Newton, won the BCS National Championship over the mighty Ducks of Oregon. Newton went on to be the number pick in the NFL Draft. TCU also finished out the season unbeaten with a win over Wisconsin the Rose Bowl. Another possible BCS spoiler, Boise State, had it's season crushed underfoot like a 6 inch heel and a testicle, with a stunning loss on the road to Nevada in the regular season. Nebraska, Utah, and Colorado bid farewell to the Big 12 and Mtn. West respectively as they enter new conferences this year. Nebraska joins the B1G while the Utes and Buffs join the newly minted Pac-12. The Big 12 now becomes the Big 12-2=10.

Here's how the final AP poll shook out:

The Scandals

Now on to the scandals. Nobody died when Tressell lied, but his coverup of several players receiving several impermissible benefits cost him his job. Several players were suspended for part of the season including star QB Terrelle Pryor. Pryor subsequently left school and was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tball-findings

Miami once again reached into it's bag of dirty tricks and violations. If the accusations turn out to be correct (some players already have been suspended), this is the biggest scandal in college football since SMU putting recruits and players on their payroll in the 80's. The mountain of evidence compiled here suggests that Miami will suffer the wraith of the NCAA, sans the death penalty. If you want some great entertainment I suggest reading this damning and hilarious article:
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...trouble_081611

Oregon, Cal, and LSU might have committed a no-no when they paid notorious street agent Willie Lyles cash money for “Recruiting Reports” that were full of outdated info, making them essentially worthless. A check signed by Oregon coach Chip Kelly to Lyles himself made the rounds within the football world recently. Peep this shit if you like sleeze balls pimping out high school players for cash:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...regon/related/

Notable New Coaches

Florida
Out – Urban Meyer
In – Will Muschamp (Former DC Texas)

Miami
Out- Randy Shannon
In – Al golden (Former HC Temple)

Pitt
Out – Dave Wandstedt
In – Todd Graham (Former HC Tulsa)
Pitt had actually hired Miami (OH) HC Mike Haywood but then a week or so later he beat up his wife and got fired, thus opening the door for Graham.

Michigan
Out – Rich Rodriguez
In – Brady Hoke (Former HC San Diego State)

Ohio State
Out – Jim Tressell
In – Luke Fickell (Former OC Ohio State)

Stanford
Out – Jim Harbaugh
In – David Shaw (Former OC Stanford)

Minnesota
Out – Tim Brewster
In – Jerry Kill (Former HC Northern Illinois)

Maryland
Out – Ralph Friedgen
In – Randy Edsall (Former HC Uconn)

Heisman Contenders

Last year Cam Newton blew the fuck up in his first year at Auburn, not only winning the NC but also the Heisman Trophy. With Newton leaving for the draft, here are 10 players that could very well win the award this year (in no particular order):

LaMichael James, RB Oregon

Andrew Luck, QB Stanford

Trent Richardson, RB Bama

Kellen Moore, QB Boise State

Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma

Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina

Brandon Weeden, QB Oklahoma State

Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State

Knile Davis, RB Arkansas

Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma

Conference Shakeup

The B1G finally expanded to 12 teams with the addition of Nebraska. This also allows the league to FINALLY hold a legit conference championship game. This year's game will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. The 12 teams are broken up into two divisions, which are so horribly named it isn't even funny:

Legends Division
-Iowa
-Michigan
-Michigan State
-Minnesota
-Nebraska
-Northwestern

Leaders Division
-Illinois
-Indiana
-Ohio State
-Penn State
-Purdue
-Wisconsin

The newly upgraded Pac-12 welcomes the arrivals of Utah and Colorado. No craziness abounds when it comes to division names; the Pac-12 managed to keep it simple:

Pac-12 North
-California
-Oregon
-Oregon State
-Stanford
-Washington
-Washington State

Pac-12 South
-Arizona
-Arizona State
-Colorado
-UCLA
-USC
-Utah

The site of the championship game will be held at the home stadium of the division champion with the best conference record.

Also, next year Hawaii, Boise State, Nevada, and Fresno State leave the WAC for the Mountain West. Replacing them will be FCS (1AA) UT-San Antonio and Texas State. TCU will be leaving the Mtn. West for the Big East and it's automatic BCS berth. Also there are strong rumors that Texas A&M, incensed at Texas and it's monolithic Longhorn Network, will be bailing out of the Big12-2=10 for greener pastures in the SEC. Mormon powerhouse BYU left the Mountain West and is now an independent joining fellow rogues Notre Dame, Army, and Navy.

New Threads

Ok State got new jerseys. Supposedly they have 48 different uniform combos:

Arizona State got a new logo and jerseys, including this sweet black alt:

And of course Oregon has these new Pro Combat unis:

Under Armour likes to rip off Nike's Pro Combat unis so they puked all over Maryland and gave them these hideous pieces of shit:

These helmets are shit too:

Addidas gave Michigan these throwbacks:

A few other schools got new uniforms or Pro Combat editions but these are the ones that really stood out to me.

Here is the pre-season AP Top 25 Poll:

On the cusp:
Texas 114, Penn State 75, Arizona State 67, Miami (FL) 32, Utah 25

Before each weekend hopefully by thursdays, i'll be doing a small preview of which games to watch and why and also various news and tidbits relevant to that weekend.

Here's to college football!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 04:10 PM       
-I wonder why OSU is ranked so high preseason? I was expecting them to not be ranked at all with the uncertainty coupled with the loss of Prior and the suspension of the other players.

-I did a repair on Luke Fickell's windshield just before Tressel was fired resigned

-you are not wrong about the names of the Big something's new divisions