Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM        the dark knight
so i went to the midnight showing and boy is this movie awesome heath ledger can't be recognised he plays an awesome part as the joker i reccomend everyone to see it i won't spoil anything and is a long movie

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
Saw it. I thought it was ending when it wasn't and all sorts of stuff.

Better movie than I expected, but there were no surprises I couldn't see fifty miles away.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 03:38 PM       
Just got back from it. In my humble opinion, this is the be all end all of comic book films. It's what The Empire Strikes Back was to sci-fi, what the Lord of the Rings trilogy was to fantasy. Great acting, great plot, great pacing, great action... in a word, the movie was great. Heath Ledger was phenomenal. That's The Joker, period. And that's not to put down Cesar Romero's portrayal or Jack Nicholson's portrayal or even Mark Hamill's voice over work. They were all three excellent within their respective continuities; however, Ledger's performance is defining. That's a lofty statement, seeing as how the character belongs to the comics first, but, to be honest, this Joker encapsulates the finer aspects of the character that have been introduced by the myriad of writers that have handled him. Aaron Eckhardt was excellent as well. All of the A-list supporting cast elevated the film. There's not enough that can be said about Christian Bale. People may argue about who's the best James Bond till they turn blue, but it's a short conversation about who's the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. All around great film. Christopher Nolan gets it. John Favreau got it with Iron Man. They're two of the only guys so far that have had the ability and sight to not only put the comic on screen, but translate the material in a way that will satisfy fanboys, thrill casual fans, and introduce newcomers without putting off any of them. My favorite film of the summer, my new favorite Batman movie, and I recommend it to anybody and everybody. Now I've just got to get my girlfriend to go see it with me... she's a coulrophobic.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
People may argue about who's the best James Bond till they turn blue, but it's a short conversation about who's the best Batman and Bruce Wayne.
Yeah, Val Kilmer.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Yeah, Val Kilmer.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:34 PM       
Touche...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM       
By the way, I like how Lucious Fox wears denim shirts.

And the bank robbery at the beginning was masterfully designed. I liked the buzzsaw-like sound that kept recurring at certain points of the movie.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM       
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
Why so pee
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM       
Sad
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM       
Why so Doc?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
why so 2 Pez
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
I have horrible penmanship.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 01:55 AM       
Why December 1956
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 02:21 AM       
Is that a Conway Twitty song?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 03:33 AM       
I was really wowed by the Dark Knight. I even liked Aaron Eckharts performance(and that's saying a lot from me). The only thing I did not like about it was Batman's head looked really fat.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM       
I'm seeing this as soon as I can. I hope it shatters records. Spider-Man 3 holding any records sounds pretty gay to me.

j/k fuck them
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
It made $18.5 Million on midnight alone. This thing's gonna destroy every other movie ever made.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:32 PM       
Apparently Geno Walker had this to say.

Geno Walker of Charlotte, North Carolina: "Unless you hate yourself, you should go see this movie immediately. Stop reading this right now and go to the nearest movie theater. It doesn't even matter if the show has already started. Buy a ticket, walk in halfway through, sit down and wait for the next showing to start. See it soon and see it often. You'll love yourself more if you do."

So, apparently if you hate yourself you should not see this movie. But it's okay to pay twice as much and only get 1.5th of the movie you should go. Brilliance Geno.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM       
it was aight. It wasn't OMGWOWZORZ, but it certainly wasn't anything close to bad. Joker was def the best part of the show.

I never saw the first one, so don't know if that matters
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM       
So according to IMDb, this is the #1 movie of all time.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM       
Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find some way to make a scathing review on the film and/or call it overrated
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
I'm not planning on seeing it!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM       
I thought the last movie was a shitfest and I wouldn't have seen this one had my friend not bought the tickets and this ended up being my favorite movie of the year, followed by Wall-E.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 11:44 PM       
Well, I thought Batman Begins was ok, if only because Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villan.

Microwaving a city on such a large scale would have just fried everyone, though, that was retarded.