Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM       
I was a huge Street Fighter II fan before MK, I don't think that MK was a dumbed down SFII at all. To me there were about 150,000 Street Fighter II knock offs, but MK wasn't one of them.

I enjoyed both a helluva lot though.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
I love how whenever GW sucks at a game that game also sucks.

Anyway, I've never been a fan of the MK series myself
hahaha

GW CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME SO OF COURSE THAT MEANS IT SUCKS BUT SRSLY GUYS THIS GAME DOES SUCK
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 03:29 AM       
Quit being a fag, MK is the shit.

MK1-3 were awesome during the Sega/Snes era. Even if you don't like it, you have to recognize that it did contribute to the fighter genre of the day and you could easily argue that it helped the entire fighting genre evolve into what it is today.

Not only that, but it was one of those games that had to take a beating from the man. Groups hated the fact that blood(omgwtf) was in a video game. It was soooo graphic (lol). There was def a fuss that was made about this game.

MK I would argue, in a sense, was the GTA of it's time and (like stated earlier) helped bring not only the fighting genre further, but the liberty of artistic freedom of multiple genres.

Don't piss on my childhood.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:24 PM       
I don't know. The series was just boring to me.

but

It was popular, it made money and it was a fighting game. Everyone played the series (at least the first 2) and arcades were bigger back then. It had an impact but at the time Capcom and SNK arcade machines were what I'd always play more of. They were just better in my opinion and the fighting games kept coming. Keeping the need for the mediocre MK series very minimal.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Role Assigner
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM       
Yea it's cool if you don't really care for it, but to just say it sucks is kinda gay.

I was always a big Capcom fan, but I never really played any Capcom v. Marvel etc type games oddly enough. Can I just go pick up a $20-$30 one for Xbox? As in, are they kinda all the same since they came out, or are there some I want to avoid?
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM       
It infuriates me that there is no sequel to Street Fighter in the works, yet they keep pumping out these Vrs games. MK didnt suck, but at the same time, I would have rather been playing Street Fighter
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:03 PM       
As far as the Vs series, I'm not huge on the Capcom Vs SNK or SNK Vs Capcom although they are ok. I'd rather play Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel Vs Capcom 2. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is my favorite of them. I only own the DC version and, other than the arcade, it's the only version of MvC2 I've played myself. I think all versions are comparable. It's too bad Capcom doesn't have license to use Marvel characters anymore.

Role Assigner
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM       
Street Fighter II is probably in my top 3 all time favorite games (toss up with Double Dragon II, SFII, Mario Kart SNES).

I don't know if yall ever played Street Fighter EX (i believe that's what it was called) for the Playstation, but I actually liked it. It was like Virtual Fighter, but Street Fighter II. I would like to see them go in that direction instead of another 2d fighter with new characters. I would like to see only the characters from Super Street Fighter II and some from Street Fighter Alpha I & II as well.

Not to get off topic butttt, DOUBLE DRAGON II for Xbox360/PS3
Official forum judge
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM       
The Arcade, NES, or Genesis version?
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 09:01 AM       
The coffin unlockables on the newer one on PS2 drove me fucking nuts, it was awesome.

When people trying to be all retro act like Street Fighter is the alpha and omega of their trendy little world and all games, it just reaffirms my belief that MK kicks major ass.

GET OVER HERE!

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Official forum judge
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM       
I've never had anyone to play Street Fighter II with, because they couldnt take the the time to learn the fucking moves. But they had time for Mortal Kombat. Dont talk to me about trendy
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 04:01 AM       
MK > SF

It was way too easy to play SF. just smash all the buttons in your controller and your character would do all kind of doomsday moves.

In MK however, you could easily notice a difference between a pro and a beginner
No sir, I don't like it
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 04:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf View Post
I've never had anyone to play Street Fighter II with, because they couldnt take the the time to learn the fucking moves. But they had time for Mortal Kombat. Dont talk to me about trendy
Don't tell me you haven't noticed the gaming scene. The worst part about gaming is the bandwagon of hipsters and elitists following it, whoring Mario and Link and Donkey Kong out with their trendy shirts and 8-bit paintings until their assholes are stretched beyond comprehension.

"Psh, Virtua Fighter 5. Well, I played Street Fighter II yesterday. I'm soooo retro." I imagine them saying this with their eyes closed in that voice, shortly before enjoying the smell of their own farts.

dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM       
You are just mad you can't buy a Mario short without looking like a fag.

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM       
I'm confused, are we trying to validate something else other than liking or not liking MK?

Official forum judge
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKennedys View Post
Don't tell me you haven't noticed the gaming scene. The worst part about gaming is the bandwagon of hipsters and elitists following it, whoring Mario and Link and Donkey Kong out with their trendy shirts and 8-bit paintings until their assholes are stretched beyond comprehension.

"Psh, Virtua Fighter 5. Well, I played Street Fighter II yesterday. I'm soooo retro." I imagine them saying this with their eyes closed in that voice, shortly before enjoying the smell of their own farts.
Point taken. Nobody likes a smug little prick.
Official forum judge
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
MK > SF

It was way too easy to play SF. just smash all the buttons in your controller and your character would do all kind of doomsday moves.

In MK however, you could easily notice a difference between a pro and a beginner
MK had easier controls, all the characters had projectiles, and couldnt do cross-overs or be hit in as many body sections, dickwad.
Fucking Finland
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf View Post
MK had easier controls, all the characters had projectiles, and couldnt do cross-overs or be hit in as many body sections, dickwad.

What the hell does all this have to do with my statement?
Official forum judge
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM       
Fighting in Mortal Combat amounts to some sap walking into a series of punches or crouching and upper-cutting. Every character has a projectile-based attack that can be done to death, and the moves dont require as much skill (Example: foward, back, punch). Because of the animation, programing, and less body sections to hit you cant confuse oponents as easily by jumping over them and hitting them in the back of the head (a crossup in SFII) and then leg-sweeping. This also means you cant do two-in-one combos like a punch right into a fireball (like in SF II) or connect into different attacks, which is why I think MK is inferior. As for those "Doomsday" attacks you mention, even the hadoken or psycho crusher can be countered in a manner other than jumping right over it.

Last edited by Girl Drink Drunk : Jul 11th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM       
This is worse then the WOW thread.

No sir, I don't like it
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:16 PM       
I gotta admit though, Street Fighter is more challenging, deep, and enduring. MK's got comedy, and if you want to rip out your friend's spine, look no further. Street Fighter left a huge mark in gaming, it's a true classic. Still trying to get my girlfriend to wear a damn Chun-Li costume...

Then again, I'm a bigger fan of 3-D fighting games, I'm a Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter nut. I'll probably be getting the new SF though. KoF is good, too

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:46 AM       
just pick whicver character has a teleport-attack move & do it over & over & over until they die

preferably cyrax

the fatality is on you man i wish i could tell you how i got my excellent dexterity but i cant sorry!!!
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:47 AM       
also whoever said SF was eaaasy to play, let me play you! the game is infinitley more complex than MK, that and there's no cheap shit like scorpion's spear or quan chi's teleport stomp
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 10:14 AM       
Street Fighter sucks. It just does.

They're two different games with different mechanics, unable to be comparable to one another.

So shut the fuck up and go play some Mortal Kombat.
Fucking Finland
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
just pick whicver character has a teleport-attack move & do it over & over & over until they die

preferably cyrax
You really must suck if you can't even block teleport moves