Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 03:04 PM       
That's right. There were several documented instances where Israel became the entire focus of reports about Iraq, or 9/11.

When a journalists flat our lie when reporting fictional incidents like "the jenin massacre" they are aiding the intifada. That their offices are all station in Ramalla, with few correspondents in Tel Aviv, and that several news agencies have been accused of physically aiding terrosist organizations... it would be irresponsible not to address the subject. Reuters for example only employs Arabic, often Palestinian photographers in the territories, and that means they deliver a slanted view that attempts to flatter the cause of the Palestinians.

How much free speech goes on in the Arab territories? Haven't the PA expelled and threaten to kill reporters that weren't sympathetic to their cause?

You need to stop defending BBC by comparing it to the rest of the world. No other network has aired as many hateful documentaries about Israel, reporting flat out inacurate information, not even Al Jazeera, or Egyptian TV..... and none of them are accountable for fairness and accuracy the way the BBC are. Simply put, the BBC should not be airing reports theorizing that Israel is responsible for 9/11 or Iraq, or that settlements are illegal by international law, when there isn't any international law.....it goeso n and on, and if you're not willing to take the time to researh the information I'm providing you, then you're just an ignorant snot.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 04:35 AM       
'Hateful' documentaries about Israel? Thats just utter bollocks. The BBC could not get away with making a 'hateful' documentary about anything.

"Simply put, the BBC should not be airing reports theorizing that Israel is responsible for 9/11 or Iraq, or that settlements are illegal by international law, when there isn't any international law....."

?????? there isnt international law? since when?? And is some technical defence that international law er...'doesnt exist' a really valid, convincing argument for settlements??

Go back and read that news story. Israel is accusing all the worlds media of of bias against them. Its laughable.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 05:25 PM       
You're claiming they're balanced. I'll ask you again - Has the BBC aired a single special all about Arafat, or the King of Jordan, discussing their war crimes?

Regarding International Law. Sure International Law exists, but it doesn't prohibit taking land for strategic border purposes at a time of war. From 1948-1967 nobody claimed these territories as their own soveriegn land, so at the time of Israels land grab, no countries were even claiming it. None of the previous wars found a final conclusion, and the borders were never defined or recognized. We both know you're too lazy to argue your point on this one, otherwise we can really get into the details and discuss the law itself. There isn't an International Law in existance that says the settlements are illegal, or that Muslims can live on a piece of land, and not Jews.

You already admitted your opinions weren't based on much knowledge of the situation. Maybe you should concede that you have a little more to learn on the topic first.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 05:37 PM       
Maybe the topic is boring & they should just hurry up & kill each other already.