Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
I woke up this morning absolutely shocked to see this on si.com. I honestly thought I might have been dreaming for a second; this is so ridiculous.

I happen to like USC and feel that he will be a good fit there but talk about screwing Tennesee over. He came there huffin' and puffin' his way into sanctions and ridicule from other SEC coaches and now he's bouncing out.

What's funny is that he was a finalist for the U of Minnesota job (he's from here) but was passed over, much to the Twin Cities media's dismay. Prior to last night there was still sentiment on a few Gopher football message boards for Kiffen but now I imagine that is gone.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 09:59 PM       
Honestly I thought Mike Leach might have ended up at USC. Maybe he will end up at Tennessee now though

EDIT: Mere seconds after I posted this I found this article :P

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ach-the-answer
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 05:28 AM       
The ESPN story led with this paragraph:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Lane Kiffin rolled into his dream job at Southern California with a wave of promises and praise Wednesday night, vowing to run a squeaky-clean program even while immediately fending off questions about his staff's first day on the job.
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM       
Pete Caroll taking the Seattle job screwed the Gophers over. Their OC (who's been here all of one season) Jedd Fisch, bailed to coach the QBs in Seattle, so now the Gophers have hired their 3rd OC in 4 years in former Badgers and recent Lions QB coach Jeff Horton. Blah.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM       
A rainbow of football fields is in the cards:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,216240
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM       
So Texas is joining the Big 10 (possibly) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...xpansion-texas
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 05:52 PM       
Didn't you hear it on the news? Shit's everywhere.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM       
I am sure it will turn out to be false though. Why would Texas leave the conference where they get an automatic BCS game bid to go to one where they get a mere Rose Bowl bid?
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I am sure it will turn out to be false though. Why would Texas leave the conference where they get an automatic BCS game bid to go to one where they get a mere Rose Bowl bid?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Geographically it doesn't make much sense but after the SWC folded years ago Texas was looking into joining the Pac-10.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM       
Way more money would come out of it to with Texas joining the big 10. The Ohio State Michigan game brings in a shit ton of money, now just imagine Ohio State and Texas joining the Schedule. Not only that now, but Texas and Penn State being playing each other. It's not entirely hard to picture Texas joining the big 10 what so ever.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 08:23 AM       
It just doesn't add up. You're not thinking about the huge money making rivalrys they already have. Texas vs. Oklahoma. Texas vs. Texas Tech. You'd have a riot in Texas if the U of T was told these games were going away. It would be like telling OSU they couldn't play Michigan every year. Or Alabama and Auburn being told no game every year. If the Big 10 expands, I expect they will do like every other BCS conference that isn't the Big East does, they'll cherry pick from the Big East
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 11:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
It just doesn't add up. You're not thinking about the huge money making rivalrys they already have. Texas vs. Oklahoma. Texas vs. Texas Tech. You'd have a riot in Texas if the U of T was told these games were going away. It would be like telling OSU they couldn't play Michigan every year. Or Alabama and Auburn being told no game every year. If the Big 10 expands, I expect they will do like every other BCS conference that isn't the Big East does, they'll cherry pick from the Big East
You also have to include the revenue from the Big 10 Network as well.

Also, Texas and Oklahoma weren't even in the same conference for 70 years prior to the Big 12 forming and they still managed to play every year. I'm sure they can manage in separate conferences. Also, the "Big" in state rivalry isn't TT, but rather A & M, and that yearly battle can still take effect. With 4 non-conference games Texas can play OK and A&M and hell they can even schedule two cream puffs to round out the other two.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM       
I just don't expect they will join the Big 10. In the end, what it boils down to is the system. The Big 12, thanks entirely to a combination of the way the BCS has shaken out and ESPN's efforts, is one of the 2 conferences with an automatic bid (in the virtual sense) for the BCS championship. (If you don't believe me, you have only to look to the 5 undefeated teams last year. Out of the 5, the 2 that got in proved my point for me there.) So why would you go from a conference where you're dick gets sucked by the BCS and ESPN to a conference where the media will bitch slap you daily for not being in the SEC or Big 12 (and to a lesser degree, the Pac 10)? I think the AD of Texas is smart enough to know the little bit of money he might make up front (and I think even that's debatable honestly because the Big 12 is no slouch when it comes to revenue generation) will pale in comparison to the money he will lose long term thanks to long term media disenfranchisement, recruitment deflation, (most 5 stars seem to want to go to the Big 12 and the SEC) and disgruntled alumni not funding the school.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 08:44 AM       
Rich Rod, Rich Rod, Rich Rod.....

First you tell us you weren't violating NCAA rules, now you tell us you misinterpreted them?

http://www.freep.com/article/2010022...-made-mistakes

Roidger Clemens and his 'misremembered' think you are full of shit.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 09:21 AM       
Lane Kiffin would like to compare notes.
You may already be there.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM       
Dick Rod is a god damn tool. If I were Michigan I would just use that as an excuse to get rid of him.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM       
Definitely, I can see that more than logical. He has a lot to make for seeing as since he's been head coach for Michigan, they haven't been to a bowl game.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM       
I couldn't possibly remember all the eff-ups Rich Rod has made since he took the reins from Lloyd Carr. But among the ones I can remember are

-he pissed off the MU Alumni by changing the #1 jersey tradition
-he drove several key players away with his changes and drove one to their hated rival
-coached MU to their worst record in possibly the history of MU
-and of course this recent unpleasantness
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 09:47 PM       
Illinois is so hot and cold I hesitate to predict anything with them. One year they have a spread offense that can't be stopped, the next they have to struggle for a few wins. I wonder what they will bring this year.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM       
So in case none of you have heard lately, Urban Meyer has been chewing the head off a specific reporter (some ass named Jeremy Fowler) over an ARTICLE based off a brief interview between Florida's wide receiver, Deonte Thompson, and Mr. Fowler. Take into note that this Fowler character blew nothing out of context but just simply quoted the Sophomore receiver out of the University of Florida; he wasn't the only reporter to have quoted Thompson as well but was most certainly singled out in a crowd of roughly about 10 others. You can go HERE to see Coach Meyers response to the article on video where you can see him threaten Fowler at least twice.

So... what are your inputs on this subject? Admirable of Coach Meyer or simply unacceptable? Also, do you think the schools are giving a little to much room for coaches?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM       
Meyer was being classless and way out of line there. If he wants to get pissy, get pissy with the player who said the quote.

The most blatant case of shooting the messenger I have ever seen