Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I always like the Trash Bag Bunch. They were these little figures of various monsters and futuristic dudes that came in little green bags that you'd dissolve in water. You wouldn't know which figure you had gotten until that bag was gone.
Yeah those were pretty damn cool. Problem is, much like the Manglors toyline, they're hard to find these days because of the nature of the toys. Most of the ones you do find are opened and their bags already dissolved. If you find 'em in an unopened package, they usually cost a pretty penny.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM       
I remember that at one point, I collected a bunch of monsters in my pocket from cereal boxes. I had a shitload of them as a kid but lost them all over the years. Fuck

My favorite was the werewolf (#3)

Also, I apparently had all of these exclusives. Fuck! I specifically remember almost losing Anubis in the sand in a playground near my house
http://www.toyarchive.com/MIMP/MIMP73-80.html

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM       
Yeah, people still go nuts over those things. Some of the figures cost quite a bit nowadays. I know how ya feel though... I distinctly remember a yard sale where I sold my ENTIRE G.I. Joe collection (I think I was 14 or 15 at the time) for $50. This included one of my all-time favorite playsets:

I loooooooved how the middle opened up so you could make the Firebat fly out of it. It was so badass. Someday I'm gonna get 'em all back, but for now, I have no room for that stuff so I have to wait... and watch the prices rise.

Also, isn't it great how Serpentor is commanding the Drednok on the right to fire that gun even though he can't possibly see through that steel wall? Blind aggression! Cobraaaaaaa!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM       
He probably just peeks over to his left every now and then in the hopes that he'll spot something

I sold all of my old stuff at a garage sale years ago too, and it BURNS ME UP INSIDE!

That was very funny. Well done.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'm still waiting to hear a valid excuse.
I always liked the way he smelt. If there was a Stinkor cologne, I would definitely wear it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
What about those transformer knock offs that turned into rocks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
You mean that spinoff of the Gobots called Rocklords?

Yeah, well, strange thing is, they actually seem like they were pretty well made high-quality toys.
Obviously you guys have never watched Gobots: Battle of the Rock Lords. I might still have a taped copy on VHS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoBots:...the_Rock_Lords

In reference to no one liking the Rock Lords one of the GoBots even says in the movie

"Really, who cares about them? They do the same thing as us except they turn into rocks!"

That's gold right there my friends.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:55 PM       
Yeah, I have that on DVD that i bought from a dealer at a comic con. Even the Gobots hated the Rock Lords.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:12 PM       
+

My big plans for these guys (I probably had around 30) included a tidal wave of green slime. The slime came in a plastic can and had a wonderful aroma halfway between play-doh and shampoo.

The slime flowed thick that day, my friends, and left my M.U.S.C.L.E. men corroded with a flaky green crust that didn't budge for at least 15 years.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Yeah, people still go nuts over those things. Some of the figures cost quite a bit nowadays. I know how ya feel though... I distinctly remember a yard sale where I sold my ENTIRE G.I. Joe collection (I think I was 14 or 15 at the time) for $50. This included one of my all-time favorite playsets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I sold all of my old stuff at a garage sale years ago too, and it BURNS ME UP INSIDE!
I could never sell my old toys.

I played with my G.I. Joes for years. It makes me sad to see all the broken plastic and missing parts now.

Though, to be honest most of the broken ones are old Corps knock offs I liked.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM       
My brother went through a brief Star Trek: TNG phase and had one of these transporter toys:

It was clunky but sturdy, about as big around as a frisbee. When you hit the button, the light would go bright-dim-bright and it would play that "beaming" sound effect.

He had it in a toy chest along with just about everything he'd ever stolen from me (gum, VHS tapes, various other important kid shit). I would sneak in to recover my stolen items when he was away. I found the toy on its side and became curious as to whether the batteries still worked. I held it up, hit the button, and when the lights stopped flashing there was a gigantic fucking wolf spider in the chamber. It scared the bejesus out of me, and I dropped the thing and ran.

We lived out in the woods and wolf spiders were a common sight in our house. One also climbed out of a typewriter when I was doing a report, and that did it for me and typewriters.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
I've never seen that before. Thing looks cool.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM       

I still have mine and the box complete with instructions. I remember trying to scare people with these things but it never worked. Good memories.
Using Ninjitsu of Fushin
Hurude is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM       
Quote:
I always like the Trash Bag Bunch. They were these little figures of various monsters and futuristic dudes that came in little green bags that you'd dissolve in water. You wouldn't know which figure you had gotten until that bag was gone.
Thanks for reminding me of a true classic toy!!

i love this thread!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I held it up, hit the button, and when the lights stopped flashing there was a gigantic fucking wolf spider in the chamber. It scared the bejesus out of me, and I dropped the thing and ran.
Did you ever beam it back home?
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM       
I dropped it and fucking ran. For all I knew/cared, I really had beamed in a monster from another dimension. I'm ok with wolf spiders when they're outside, but I can't stand it when one appears in the house.
pickled
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 01:02 AM       
Quote:
Did you ever beam it back home?
This made me giggle.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM       
I don't know if this obscure but it's amazing!

The Mighty Max Doom Zones! When I was younger, I used to really love these things because of the fact they were miniature.

One I remember quite clearly is...

Here's a commercial and shit for some other Doom Zone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrLWjNxYbY
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:25 AM       
I still have my Mighty Max Volcano Mountain set with all the pieces.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM       
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM       
Or even better!
pickled
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
I still love Mighty Max!

It was always awesome how they managed to put little dead people molding into the backs of their play sets.

Last edited by Nick : Mar 30th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM       
I have a big tub full of the Mighty Max toys in the back of my closet. I think I have most of 'em, just missing some of the smaller sets. Sometimes, when no one's in the house, I get them out and pretend that I'm the owl guy from the cartoon.
pickled
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM       
He was the worst cartoon character. Ever.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Listen, I can't pass as a beefy sword guy and I finally stopped dressing as a ten year old boy so who am I going to be? One of the lava monsters? I think not, good sir!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 08:54 PM