Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 10:12 PM        The Gym
So, I just joined a gym less than a minute from my house. They have an indoor soccer field and tennis courts, and some weight machines and running machines and whatnots, a steam room, sauna, and a jacuzzi. With a student bonus, it's $39/month.

There's free yoga lessons, too, and kickboxing ones available for pay, but I think I have enough shit on my plate for now anyway, between part-time work, school, and audio work at home.

Discuss, fags.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM       
seems like a lot of money :/ is it?
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 10:30 PM       
It sounds like a paradise for a child molestor.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM       
Jacuzzis are gross

There's a gym around here that offers a pretty much the same stuff, and I think a membership is around $500 a year. So, I don't think that it's that unreasonable (Lie). :/

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM       
The college I go to next year (which will also be 2 hours closer to Maryland...Eh Chojin? Eh Schimid? Eh?) has two gyms with weights, raquetball, a pool, tennis, and treadmills equiped with earphones and a T.V suspended from the three story ceiling so I can watch full house while I jog.

The only one I've seen of the two didn't have heavy enough dumbells for me . I have to order 90lb ones specially apparently. Teehee. I'm muscley.

Really all you'll ever need to use is the weights, weight machines, and cardio equipment. Only faggy businessmen use raquetball and tennis and saunas. Kickboxing would be fun, but yea, also a time consumer. I'd skip all the classes but make sure to bring up on any semi-appropriate occasion that "I'm taking kickboxing". If you spend enough time with a heavy bag you'll get moderately good at kicking and punching though. After about a year of it I can high-kick mine without putting my foot on the ground for about 5 minutes. Thats really all I'd want to do anyway. And its harder than it sounds.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 12:07 AM       
What college are you going to?
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 12:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
seems like a lot of money :/ is it?
Not really. The gym I go to is $30.00 per month for the first 6 months, then it goes up to $40.00 All depends on the size of the gym and how much equipment they have. As long as I go at least 3 times a week, I feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:46 AM       
Ha ha. My university has a fully equipped gym with everything possible, including a rockwall, squash courts, an big ass pool and outdoor/indoor tennis and running track.

All for 75 bucks a year! The only trade off is admitting I go to the University of Manitoba
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM       
The Gym I work at charges $38.00 per month with no contract. The only stipulation is you have to give a months notice before cancelling your membership. Chojin, you have to pay extra for Yoga and kickboxing? Do you have to pay extra to have someone create a program for you?
Cupcake Composer

SMN is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 09:42 AM       
I go to an arcade to exersise.
Its quite cheap at 10 bux a week.
The fist of the north star game works almost the same as kickboxing.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM       
Cosmo, yoga's free but kickboxing isn't. When you sign up, you get a free hour with a personal trainer to discuss your goals and set up a routine.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM       
There aren't any gyms around where I live. But I have a weight machine in my basement. I think it's about time I start using it.
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 12:16 PM       
YOU WILL BE SURE TO GET ALL THE MEN WITH SOME BULGING PECS :D

Spastic Colon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
The fist of the north star game works almost the same as kickboxing.
There's a fist of the north star game? Please, go on, I just need to lube up first.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM       
I want to become a personal trainer. 15 bucks an hour to make skinny and fat people do crunches "properly" and as long as you are somewhat built, you will automatically look like you know what you are talking about.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM       
15 bucks an hour? Try fifty.
If you're certified (which takes about two hours) you can make serious money at Gyms and shit. There's a trainer at the YMCA of Cape Cod that charges $60/hr when she's not working at the Y.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Cosmo, yoga's free but kickboxing isn't. When you sign up, you get a free hour with a personal trainer to discuss your goals and set up a routine.
That's what my gym does. They provide a fitness profile and then set up a workout routine. Good luck, man....if you need help or encouragement, shoot me a PM.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
What college are you going to?
Mary Washington. Its fucking awesome.

Feel free to quote me on that.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:38 PM       
Before I bought a set of free-weights from a friend who wasn't using them for home use, I had a membership to a gym a couple of blocks away from my home. There was a guy there who use to blow dry his balls with a hair dryer ... and not in a modestly, shy way either ... one leg at a time up with his feet on the sink and nobody told him not to do it. How would you approach a situation like that? "Ahem, excuse me, sir? While your balls are quite magnificent ... " And there was ALWAYS an old, naked guy in the sauna ... and it wasn't even the SAME naked, old guy.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:42 PM       
Sweet Jesus, Kelly...you must have gone to the gym I work at. This guy blow dries his balls in the manner you described, and then took a huge handful of hand lotion and lotioned those things down....
Mocker

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:48 PM       
"All the lonely people
Where do they all come from ?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ?"

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 07:14 PM       
My Gym is full of McDonald refugees that there fat and think there not fat. Its really unnerving when you see a 350 pound man walk out of the changeroom in hotpants

and the worst part is the POOL IS ONLY 4 FEET DEEP even in the deep end! and all the fat people just say oh looktheres someone under 200lbs lets go simm extra close! These Fuckers have their own scented atmosphere and leave flakes on I don't know what in the water and whats worse they swim towards me, stop at about 3 inches away, just out of reach of their puke breath and try to make conversation about things I wouldn'tt know about like this so commonly called "OUTSIDE" and then they FART and they think theyre being discrete when a larege patch of assrott infested bubbles form begind him.

I dont use any equipment unless a non obese person is done using them.

MY LiFE SUCKS
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:27 PM       
You know, it cracks me up when these young guys show up at the gym posing and strutting around looking for the "hardbodies" that have never set foot in our gym......and find the 300 pound burger King refugees wearing spandex...
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:31 PM       
Refugees
Mocker

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
I have no problem with overweight people in a gym. It shows initiative in at least they're trying. Not for trying in the sense of trying to attain superficial good looks (although, I'm sure that's the motives of some) but trying in the sense of improving their health. Rarely do people start out in life being a hardbody. You have to start somewhere. I can somewhat understand an unintentional stare but to ridicule someone for this shows a real lack of maturity. That being said, I did once have a rather chubby (not a muscular, stocky chubby) fellow follow me around to a few machines and weight stations and try to instruct me on how to better do this that exercise when I was obviously in much better shape than he. My reply (it's all I could think of), "Yeah, it's seem's to have worked wonders for you." I don't know if he saw it on an exercise show and was sincerely trying to help me out or whatever but he was getting annoying. Anyway, he promptly left after that and I felt bad.