Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 08:47 PM        An Old Halloween Tape.
It's getting pretty close to Halloween and my mum got out the giant box of decorations and crap. We have one for every holiday, even Thanksgiving. Every year, there may be some good Halloween programming on TV and my mum might tape it. I found a tape from about ten years ago. It was a Halloween on the Disney channel. Keep in mind, this was back when the Disney Channel was still good. It was around the time when "Alien Encounter" was a new ride. Now, it is renovated and turned into the Stitch ride. BOO. On the tape was:

The "For Better or For Worse" Halloween Special
Labyrinth (my only copy for years)
The Raggedy Ann and Andy Halloween Special
Many old Halloween related Disney Cartoons
Frankenweenie ()

and an old film from way back when whose name I can't place. I need help on this one. It was about how a witch wasn't going to fly across the night and kick off Halloween like she does every other year. There are news stories about how she won't and Halloween will be canceled. Well, Dracula, together with Igor and a bunch of other monster pals including the Wolfman, the Mummy, and Frankenstein, tries to convince the Witch to fly again.

In the end, there's a chase scene and the witch locks herself in her room. Dracula tries to get in by transforming himself into a teeny-tiny bat, teeny-tiny bat, teeny-tiny bat. The Witch chase bat-Dracula around the room and sweeps him back under the door.
Then they all try to go out on the ledge outside the window to get in that way, (I think). The Witch scares them all off of the ledge.

Kids show up, kids that saw the news broadcast earlier about how Halloween will be canceled, a boy and a little girl. I don't know how they got to Dracula's place, (a mansion), they just did. I can't remember what the boy was dressed up as, but the little girl was a witch. They plead their case about how they wished she'd fly across the sky, I remember it touching me deep down when I was a kid. The witch doesn't believe that the kids are actually there and that it's just Dracula throwing his voice. Then she looks through the keyhole and sees that they're really kids.

The Witch opens the door and sees the kids faces. She asks the little girl why she dressed up as a witch. The little girl says something like, " I always wanted to be like you, you're my hero." The Witch is touched. She flys across the sky and lets all the children commence to Trick or Treat all around the world. YAY.

The end of the movie is what makes it most memorable, however. When the Witch comes back from her broomride, everybody has a disco party and starts dancing. They all transform and have on disco attire. When transforming, they all spin around really fast. Dracula has on a tux and red undershirt and the Witch has a long red dress. They boogie all night long! Cue credits.

The problem is, my mum didn't tape the commercials, so I don't know what the program is called. It's awesome, though I doubt you'll find it on DVD.

What I want to know is, is there any Halloween special or movie that sticks in your mind because it's just so cool?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 09:34 PM       
Sonofa... dammit, I know what movie you're talking about, I just have no idea what the hell it's called.

Anyway, it's a Halloween tradition at my house to watch the awesomeness that is Blackbeard's Ghost every year.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM       
I have an old tape of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown followed by the Garfield Halloween special. It's from the '80s, so there's like one commercial during each break and I'm pretty sure one of them was an AIDS awareness public service announcement

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM       
fathom i think it's Halloween That Almost Wasn't

http://imdb.com/title/tt0316318/
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM       
Greatest halloween special ever: http://imdb.com/title/tt0191173/

That was very funny. Well done.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:58 AM       
Oh man, the Garfield Halloween Special was terrifying.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
The only part I saw of that movie was a promo on a Dr. Seuss biography video tape I have. I think it stars Matt Frewer as the Cat In The Hat. But I remember the trailer scaring the Hell out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vagiclean
fathom i think it's Halloween That Almost Wasn't

http://imdb.com/title/tt0316318/
Hells yes, thanks for the name. That's exactly right, I can even remember it now.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:14 PM       
You can Youtube this stuff you know

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM       
Holy carp, I've found it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHtzNeMsFek
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NftQq27zxbo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFMJTgc0GXw
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
Haha, I thought it said "Mario Puzo" for the director.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:23 PM       
[quote="Fathom Zero"]
Quote:

I used to have that video.