Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM        W demonstrates leaderosity by instilating confidencery
MR. LEHRER: Mr. President, do you have a feeling of personal failure about Iraq right now?

PRESIDENT BUSH: I'm frustrated at times about Iraq because I understand the consequences of failure. I want the Iraqis to succeed for our own sake. This is a war; part of a broader war, and that if we fail in Iraq, there is a better likelihood that the enemy comes and hurts us here. And so, I am frustrated with the progress. If you were to take it and put me in an opinion poll and said do I approve of Iraq, I'd be one of those that said, no, I don't approve of what's taking place in Iraq. On the other hand, I do believe we can succeed. Look, I had a choice to make, Jim, and that is - one - do what we're doing. And one could define that maybe a slow failure. Secondly, withdraw out of Baghdad and hope for the best. I would think that would be expedited failure. And thirdly is to help this Iraqi government with additional forces - help them do what they need to do, which is to provide security in Baghdad.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM       
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:41 PM       
I'm getting bored with bush's speech. I'll start listening to him when he start demanding al-maliki that he cut off his ties with sadr and the 30,000 member death squad, the supposed "police forces"
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM       
He sounded okay until he got to, "On the other hand..." Another speech that sounds like he pulled it out of his vagina.

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM       
Yeah although at one point of his interview on 60 minutes last sunday cracked me up

"You know better than I do that many Americans feel that your administration has not been straight with the country, has not been honest. To those people you say what?" Pelley asks.

"On what issue?" the president replies. "Like the weapons of mass destruction?"

"No weapons of mass destruction," Pelley says.

"Yeah," Bush says.

"No credible connection between 9/11 and Iraq," Pelley says.

“Yeah,” the president replies.

“The Office of Management and Budget said this war would cost somewhere between $50 billion and $60 billion and now we're over 400,” Pelley says.

“I gotcha. I gotcha. I gotcha,” Bush replies.

“The perception, Sir, more than any one of those points, is that the administration has not been straight with…,” Pelley says.

“Well, I strongly disagree with that, of course,” Bush says. “So I strongly reject that this administration hasn’t been straight with the American people. The minute we found out they didn’t have weapons of mass destruction, I was the first to say so.”

I gotcha, I gotcha, I gotcha...
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 03:27 PM       
Do you have a better idea? Cause while I doubt this will be successful immediate withdrawal has some gargantuan drawbacks of its own.

Does anyone have a viable exit strategy? Maybe Clinton and Kerry could have thought of that befor they voted to send us in.