Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 11:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANE
Now THESE are constructive suggestions. However, I need to consult my producer, aka RoG, before altering any 'design' issues (such as resetting the peeps' horizontal range), as opposed to 'implementation' issues (such as the glitch with the hi-score screen). Thanks!
I'm all for extending the Peeps' horizontal movement range in peep invaders, so by all means feel free to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Peep Asteroids was cool, but Peep Invaders was slow.
It may seem like Peep Invaders was slow, but that's actually how the original Space Invaders worked. Also, the higher the level you get to, the faster the peeps move. Eventually they get really, really friggin' fast. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Thank you for that game Rog. I spent yesterday at work arranging boxes of Peeps to maximize shelf space and I now hate the little squishy fuckers with a passion. It was cathartic to blow them up.
Ah, excellent. Glad to hear this game saved you from having to spend $$$ on therapy.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 12:21 PM       
Peeps Invaders was mad slow, and not intentionally so - it'd get even slower when three bullets were on the screen. Peeps Asteroids was ok at first, then got slow around level 5. I'm using an AMD 1.5 ghz. Both games start out way too easy, then get hard far too slowly.

So it's like, slow all around. I couldn't finish a game of either cause I got bored

I'd recommend dropping the quality on the sprites. There's no reason to have as much detail as is there, and flash is a piece of crap and can't handle it.

Oh, and in the original asteroids, you didn't slow down on your own, which was part of the challenge. It also doesn't really make sense to have your ship slow down on its own, since there's no friction in space. And it's a proven fact that there are peeps in space, so let's try to keep this as kosher as possible.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 03:19 PM       
What is the purpose of the "Skip" button? There's only one page of instructions. :/

I've also figured out a bit of the burst of speed thing... I'm using a 2.4GHz P4, and if I tap the forward key just briefly I start to move at a normal speed rather than teleporting across the screen. If I hold the key for longer than a tap, I fly across instantly and die. BAD.

It also gets insanely slow on Level 8 for me.

BANE is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 02:56 PM       
You guys are a hard lot to please. Well, have no fear, for Peeps version 1.3 is finally out. I've added a quality button, as well as changed the horizontal motion patterns of the peeps. Enjoy!

-BANE
Programmer
Peeps

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 04:45 PM       
K, it's fun now.

I still think it should get harder faster, though, and that whole spaceship slowing down thing still disturbs me.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 03:01 PM       
Ok, the high scores have been repaired (for now... flash high scores are fairly easy to hack for any asshole with enough free time on their hands). Bane and I were already talking about making "Easy", "Normal", and "Hard" selections on the game - each with their own set of high scores. That way, if you don't like the classic slower style that the original space invaders / asteroids had, you'll be able to start off at quicker speeds and with more enemies to battle.

Thanks for all the feedback on the game so far, peeps!

-RoG-