Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM        stoicism is strength
In every society, at its height, the people were not slaves to their desires but rather practiced great discipline. If you look to Rome you will even see the various pagan Pontifexes opposing the ancient stories of the gods who fornicated and got drunk -- there were particularly outspoken characters like Varro that divided the gods into three categories: the poetic gods which were fornicators and wicked, denying the truth of the stories, the philosophical gods which were the true ones that ought be worshipped (this even became a virtually monotheistic form as all philosophical aspects of polytheist religion tend towards one god being the creator and all others mere manifestations or creatures subject to them, Hindus even drifting to this idea), and the stately gods which were the gods presented to the simple, dumb people who could not understand the philosophical gods and rather had them introduced as heroic figures minus the indulgences the poets attributed to them.

It is a fact that the later Pontifexes of Rome even opposed having plays about the gods as they always portrayed the gods as overly human.

In Rome, religion served the purpose of setting examples of behavior just as Christianity, Islam in other societies. and the lessons were virtually the same:

Sacrifice for the greater good, moral harmony, brevity, abstaining from sexual indulgences and chemical dependence.

These were the societies that erected the monuments to greatness; these were the societies that connected the world and made superb innovations to the benefit of the people.

It is only when people forget the hard, stoic values that they begin to slip -- historically, it is seen the societies which practice loose moral relativity and general indulgence fall from grace quickly.

Atheist historian Will Durant made such an observation that both Greek and Roman downfalls followed these exact moral indulgences in the decline:

- Smaller family size
- Practice of abortion
- Practice of loose sexual morals (increased adultery, orgitariums, etc.)
- Condemnation of the state
- Increased immigration which watered down the original populace, immigrants loyal to other causes that wouldn't fight causing a dependency on mercenaries.

St. Augustine even wrote extensively of how the old pagan morals of the Romans were superb and excellent and truly the spirit of Christian morality, and the fall of Rome correlates with the advent of the new religion to replace the Pagan morals.

To make this short and sweet:

We need to revitalize stoic moral outlooks based off of abstaining from indulgence and focusing on greater struggles; we need to revitalize the ideas that make society great. Ideas about duty, loyalty, family and fight sexual and chemical indulgence.

We need a Kulturkampf and religion does not need to really be a party of it. In our Kulturkampf we fight only to create a set of principles that our society can center themselves around, morals that are Universal and proper.

Something like:
- I will not live for my stomach.
- I will not live for my genitals.
- I will not compromise my family, friends or nation.
- I will serve my country and pay my dues.
- I will follow my will to its end.

I think the important thing is that we remember the guidelines of success and civilization, remember the glory of past societies that rose to great heights.

Let's work together to build ourselves back up and lets take a stand against indulgence in the name of Society and Spirituality.

I think it does not matter who you worship or even if you worship as long as you hold onto the center of greatness and follow the high ideals and the high road. That is what is important for the failing nations, to remember glory and uphold obligations.

I think that in honor of this we should brand ourselves as new soldiers of a Roman Legion, a Legion made up of people of all faiths but with the clear goal of building again a strong Republic based on firm law and firm loyalty and firm families.

Society is built by values and destroyed when the values lose their meaning, lose their relevance.

We must stand with certainty and resolution. When we no longer stand like this then we fail.

So you should take these principles and tell them to people and tell them to stand strong and act righteously as they can because that is what we do when we are great. It is when we are weak that we are uncertain and decadent.

Go and live and prosper and when you see wrong you should correct it.

Wage the Kulturkampf and defeat the hippies and moral relativists; cut the fat off the modern society of decadence. Defeat the Leftists who want a nanny state.

SPQR.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM       

Wait...now I'm getting an admonishment against loose sexual morals, heavy drinking, decadence, and self-indulgence from the idiot who earlier told me that alcohol, tobacco, fistfighting, and prostitutes were the only way to live life and that "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep?"

How do you live with that level of cognitive dissonance?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM       
Uh, hello? You're a woman. You're supposed to stay in the kitchen, on your feet all day except for 10-20 minutes where you are allowed to lay on your back in order to give birth.

Seriously, though, how many years has it been since Fight Club came out? Not even high school kids still consider that movie to be their ultimate philosophy.

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 12:55 AM       
"The meaning of life is not found in avoidance, it is found in confrontation and indulgence."
"We need to revitalize stoic moral outlooks based off of abstaining from indulgence and focusing on greater struggles; we need to revitalize the ideas that make society great. Ideas about duty, loyalty, family and fight sexual and chemical indulgence."

Wat?

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 03:49 AM       
Yes, this is hypocrisy.

I think I want to be a stoic... But a stoic with alcohol.

I think this is more that I would like to cloak violent drunkenness in chivalry. I think this is the ultimate form of moronics.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM       
Roman legions were only loyal to the guy who paid them (aka their general).

Just an FYI.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 10:43 AM       
" I think this is more that I would like to cloak violent drunkenness in chivalry. I think this is the ultimate form of moronics."
-KKK

If I read this correctly, you are agreeing with folks that you are, at very least, behaving poorly and you don't want to change yourself, you want beliefs you admire to change in ways that would include you, while excluding others for doing exactly the things you do.

The very first thing you should do until you resolve this conflict is stop pontificating. There's nothing wrong with human flaws. Everybody has them. But human flaws coupled with preaching and displays of superiority makes you a blowhard mook.