Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM       
so why don't you try getting into martial arts or something? get around like minded people.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:53 PM       
I've considered it! Idk how much it costs to get lessons, or what if there is some kind of prerequisite to joining (like you have to already be physically fit or something)

I don't think I'll have time to start taking lessons for a while, though. But it's something I've thought about
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:55 PM       
aren't you in school?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:57 PM       
Uh, yeah. Our school does have a karate/tae kwon do class (one of our degree requirements is to take a fitness course). It usually fills up tho
Legislacerator
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM       
your school doesn't have extracurricular clubs? At my school, I can't walk the halls without seeing advertisements everywhere for karate, hapkido, aikido, taekwando, krav maga, and capoeira clubs.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM       
Dude, I hate exercising and weight-lifting so much. Last summer I did the Couch-to-5k plan for like three straight months and there wasn't a day I did it where I felt good afterwards. I don't understand the whole feeling awesome after working out thing because I've never felt it. Exercising sucks.

Fuck the exercise part, just do the healthy eating part. That's way easier. You'll look like a beanpole faggy hipster but who gives a shit.

Also, the consequence of becoming obsessed with fitness is that you'll end up like Chojin, whose head probably exploded just by reading the opinions in this post.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
your school doesn't have extracurricular clubs? At my school, I can't walk the halls without seeing advertisements everywhere for karate, hapkido, aikido, taekwando, krav maga, and capoeira clubs.
oh dude they probably have a bazillion clubs like that at my school, but my course lode/social life doesn't really give me much time during the semester. i probably won't have proper time to learn a martial art until the summer
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM       
You have to change the way you think about food. Asking how to stick to a diet is the wrong question, because you're already setting it up to be something temporary. The real answer is that you need to learn how to eat.

read the thread and you'll find out how much protein you need (~100g for girls, ~150g for boys) and how many calories you should limit yourself to to lose weight (~1300 for girls, ~2000 for boys). Then, use a calorie counter and eat the way you normally would for a few days. Identify where all your non-protein calories are coming from and eliminate them or substitute them until you have the right ratios.

I have tons of little tricks now, like never ordering a side item, or getting a dessert instead of a side. Or getting 2 entrees and no sides if I'm really hungry. Or taking one of the buns off a burger if I've been eating a lot of bread that day.

Part of learning how to eat is also about unlearning all the bullshit you're told. Eggs are fine. Wheat/whole grains aren't amazing and in fact usually have more calories.
Legislacerator
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Dude, I hate exercising and weight-lifting so much. Last summer I did the Couch-to-5k plan for like three straight months and there wasn't a day I did it where I felt good afterwards. I don't understand the whole feeling awesome after working out thing because I've never felt it. Exercising sucks.

Fuck the exercise part, just do the healthy eating part. That's way easier. You'll look like a beanpole faggy hipster but who gives a shit.

Also, the consequence of becoming obsessed with fitness is that you'll end up like Chojin, whose head probably exploded just by reading the opinions in this post.
CARDIO sucks. cardio blows 50 dicks, in fact. lifting makes you feel godly.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM       
IM ON A LOW CARB DIET AND IVE ALREADY LOST TEN POUNDS>

I MOSTLY JUST DO LIGHT CARDIO AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY FOR ME

I LOOK AND FEEL GREAT!

ITS REALLY EASY TO DO TO I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYBODY INTERESTED IN BEING FIT AND HEALTHY
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM       
do you still look like a girl who does a lot of cocaine
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM       
I LOOK LIKe A REALLY HOT CHICK WHO DOES COCAINE AND THEN GETS BANGED ALLL NIGHT

ALSO IF YOU"RE LOOKING TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT I WOULD RECOMMEND COCAINE
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM       
that's such an expensive way to lose weight, man
BANNED

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM       
IF YOU EVER NEED ADVICE ON A LOW CARB DIET I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT
BANNED

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM       
NO IT COSTS ABOUT THE SAME BECAUSE THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON COCAINE IS CANCELED OUT BY THE MONEY YOU WOULD SPEND ON FOOD AND BEDS AND PILLOWS

METH COULD SAVE YOU A DIME TOO
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM       
lay it on me
BANNED

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM       
OKAY I WILL PM YOU SOME LINKS
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi View Post
I've considered it! Idk how much it costs to get lessons, or what if there is some kind of prerequisite to joining (like you have to already be physically fit or something)

I don't think I'll have time to start taking lessons for a while, though. But it's something I've thought about
YOU NEED TO MAN UP AND START DOING KRAV MAGA. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
what part of couch to 5k involves weight lifting

were you running with an actual couch?

i may have identified the problem
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM       
I never feel good after working out either though. Even just doing the elliptical for 50 minutes a day makes me feel shitty tired. Not energized at all.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM       
To be real real about you babies complaining exercise makes you feel shitty:

-It could be that you guys are overexerting yourselves or your form is inefficient, thus making you expend needless effort.
-Your diet might suck too, your body needs proper food for fuel during exercise
BANNED

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 12:00 AM       
A PROPER LOW CARB DIET WLL HELP TO KEEP YOU ENERGETIC ANDMOtIvATED TO SUCCEED
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
I'm not an exercise fan, but I've always felt good after working out or playing strenuous sport.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:52 PM       
Quote:

wat

You tried lifting? Lifting weights makes you feel godlike. It's like adding +1s to all your card stats until they're all better than when you first rolled. How did you not like this? What did you do?

And Rongi, you should enroll in a martial arts class anyway. I always recommend BJJ or a basic Tae-Kwon Do or Kempo/Kyokushin Karate class, see what you like. BJJ is cool because it doesn't require you to put in all sorts of extra work if you don't want to, and there's a significant mindgame element to it. Since it's all about principles of leverage and anticipation, it's a good art for anyone to learn, regardless of fitness or size. If you really get into it, you'll make time and effort for it.

Also, i like Chojin advice in this thread because it's pretty much the same way i eat. I gained 10 lbs over the summer eating pizza and drinking beer pretty much every night with my other friends who are also drunks. All i've done to cut back is lift 6 days a week, run once a week, and cut back my diet significantly. It's all about intake vs. output. If you put out more energy in calories than you take in, your body will resort to eating fat to acquire energy. Simple concept.

Also, where are these beefy pics, Chojin? I keep hearing about them but i see nothing
was never good
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM       
i'm not huge at all, but compared to the skinnyfat nerds here i'm apparently some kind of monster

there's a pic of me in the op behind the spoilers, but here's another

Spoilers!