Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Can someone explain to me why Xenogears is considered good? I tried playing it and couldn't find anything appealing.
The storyline is crazy. Plus I really liked the battle system.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:39 AM       
An old friend of mine used to get very emotional (read: gay) whenever Xenogears was brought up in a conversation. As if it were a goddamn masterpiece.

He let me borrow it once but I don't have an open enough mind for the "30+ minutes of originally drawn anime" advertised on the back of the case.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
I've been playing the first Phoenix Wright and it's surprisingly entertaining.
The last case is pretty coo.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
An old friend of mine used to get very emotional (read: gay) whenever Xenogears was brought up in a conversation. As if it were a goddamn masterpiece.

He let me borrow it once but I don't have an open enough mind for the "30+ minutes of originally drawn anime" advertised on the back of the case.
If you read the storyline even without playing the game its pretty good. I had to read a synopsis of it while playing it to get everything because its jam packed.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM       
Fuck yes Phoenix Wright.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:35 AM       
Phoenix Wright is fucking awesome. I love how the game managed to give me the feeling of fighting a boss while standing in court. It´s the great "boss"-theme from the first game...I think it´s called Cornered...really great game though I never finished it...still got Apollo Justice lying around...

Also, I bought Patapon 2 and Grandia off the PSN, I needed those, especially Grandia, I´ll never forget the music in the main menu, it´s one of those tracks that reminds me why I play Videogames.
Then I went and got Breath of Fire 3 for PSP for...5 bucks I think and a new Vanquish for 30 cause I have to play that game before the year is through.
Bof 3 is...clumsy I guess. It loads and loads and loads and the battles take forever but I love the BOF-Series so whatever.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM       
Ryu, Rei and Garr. Rei in leaders spot and use the stance where everyone has the same speed as the party leader. Having Garr get in an Ex attack just feels good.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM       
That prosecutor who trained your rival is a complete dick in Phoenix Wright. I'm stuck on the fourth case (mainly because I've been studying for exams.)

What puzzle games would you guys recommend for the DS?
drifting in the void
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 03:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
That prosecutor who trained your rival is a complete dick in Phoenix Wright. I'm stuck on the fourth case (mainly because I've been studying for exams.)

What puzzle games would you guys recommend for the DS?

What, Manfred von Karma? I laughed my ass off when I first read his name But yeah, he´s a fucking bastard.

...Puzzle Games...hm...Puzzle Quest? I´m sure you´ve played it already but that´s all I can think of right now...I´m not a big fan of puzzle games...oh, I kinda liked Meteos though. And the game where you´re that old adventurer-fart and on the lower screen there´s that match3-Stuff going on, forgot the name...that was pretty cool.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 07:29 AM       
Puzzle Quest is some addictive shit

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 08:37 AM       
I'll try out Puzzle Quest. I had no idea when I got a DS that it had about 6000 games made for it.

Oh yeah, Metal Slug 7 is the shit.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 08:58 AM       
Heh, the DS is one of the best systems of all time in terms of good high-quality games in my opinion, I really got a lot for my money so far

If everything goes well, I´ll get Deadly Premonition today. Now for one, I don´t know what "Premonition" even means. I´ll look it up. I also don´t know what the game is about or even which genre it is. All I know is that it´s supposed to be fucking weird. And fucking weird is just how I like my games and movies.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM       
I hear its one of those so bad its good kind of things.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM       
What, Deadly Premonition? Yeah I heard about the same. Cult-following and stuff like that. But, since weird shit IS indeed my specialty, I´ll have a look at it (and yes, I´m way weirder and funnier in german than in english, I kinda lack the linguistic tools to really be as entertaining in this language )
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM       
Yeah Deadly Premonition. Somewhere on Destructoid Jim has one of his "X is blatantly better than Y" articles comparing it to Allen Wake that is quite funny.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 02:14 PM       
It's a wonderful game. And I didn't see that the character that was the bad guy actual was until the end. It surprised me, which is something hard for any story to do.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM       
so i went to blockbuster and found a copy of eternal darkness great game i'm up to the priest episode

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 01:17 AM       
I'm playing four games right now: Jet Set Radio Future, Red Alert 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Dead Space: Ignition. JSRF is great, for those of you who haven't played it. Re Alert 3 is hilarious, since they basically just decided to dump that last shred of realism, and go with war bears, giant samurai robots, and troop-launching APCs (No, seriously; it shoots them through the air, and they parachute to the ground. Fucking hilarious).
Ninja Gaiden 2 seems a little easier than I remember the first to be, but not a cakewalk, by any means.
Ignition? FUCK Ignition. The laser puzzles just have this special way of eluding me every time, and the AI is a cheating bastard in the racing game. The only reason I want to beat it is for the unlockables.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 03:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
so i went to blockbuster and found a copy of eternal darkness great game i'm up to the priest episode
Ah, one of my favorite games of all time. Always good to see there´s still fans of the cosmic terror out there

And for some reason I have to think about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Gamedesign right now. I so wanted to love that game but its gameplay later on was so bad...never played through it...which is kinda weak for a diehard Lovecraft fan...
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 07:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I'm playing four games right now: Jet Set Radio Future, Red Alert 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Dead Space: Ignition.
I love all of those games. Well, Dead Space rather than Ignition, but still. You have good game sense.

What are you playing JSRF on?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 09:56 AM       
My 360. I still have that old game-pack, with JSRF and Sega GT, I think.
I remember beating it five years ago, and trying to unlock that bonus characters. Those damn challenges were made even harder when you had to decipher goddamn Japanese symbols.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM       
I still think that Call Of Cthulhu was a masterpiece. I loved it from start to finish, it was hard as fuck though.

What was everyones top ten games of this year? I don't think anymore are going to be released so it might be fun to list them. Mine were (In no particular order):
1.Mass Effect 2
2.Bioshock 2
3.Splinter Cell Conviction
4.Dead Rising 2
5.Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
6.Fallout: New Vegas
7.Donkey Kong Country Returns
8.Guilty Party
9.Sonic Colours
10.Trauma Team
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
Yeah, I loved Call of Cthulhu. My guy went insane after seeing the shoggoth and that statue of Cthulhu.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM       
My top ten are Fallout: New Vegas and Dead Rising 2.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
Nice top ten Fathom :P