Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:56 AM        The Beatles are teh suck!
I realized a little while ago that I hate the Beatles. I really do. Mainly becasue everyone seems to think that they are so great. If you ask anyone to name their favorite band, a lot of people (including young people) will say the Beatles. But why!?! We were talking music with some of my friends last night. All the girls there said the Beatles were their favorite: so how come they never listen to them or own any of their albums other than "1". People only say they like the Beatles becasue they are programmed to believe that the Beatles are the greatest band evar! and they never question this. But what so great about them? When they first came out they were a fucking boy band with shitty pop songs like 'I wanna hold your hand and dress like a woman cause I am teh gay LOLOLL@". They didn't "invent" rock either like so many people would like to think. Their musical talent is sub-par at best... *sigh*

At least let me know that I'm not the only one who hates them...
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:40 AM       
I like the Beatles, but you're not far from the truth. It's not that I hate the Beatles, it's just that they've been ruined by gay fans. Gay fans ruin everything. I fucking hate people who say the Beatles are the best band ever just because it seems like the smart thing to say. These are mostly people who are too lazy or stupid to actually listen to a wide variety of music and decide for themselves what is good, so they just say they like the Beatles because it's what everyone else says.

For the past twenty years, people have been saying that the best band ever is a band that broke up years before they were even born. Now don't get me wrong; my favorite band is the Clash, which is a band that released it's last "real" album a year before I existed. But I have every single Clash or Clash-related album ever, so I have enough evidence to make an informed opinion. Also, so few people think they're the best band ever that I'm basically on my own here.

And your avatar rules so much that I'm goin to steal it.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:27 AM       
I hate this thread so much and want Stabby to get hit by a bus

Not because I'm a Beatles fan, and I am, but because Stabby is a fucking moron.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
Stabby's just trying to be obtuse. Have you listened to ALL their music. I'm asking because you happened to cite examples of the early "bubble gum" phase of their music which, although somewhat catchy, isn't my favorite timeframe for their music either. Do yourself a favor and listen to their later albums before you dismiss the whole catalogue of their work due to too much public approval. It's kind of analagous to when I hear young people today dismiss Metallica because they often hear that the band "sold out", and so, don't even bother to listen to their early music which is their best work, IMHO.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
Ok. I have, in fact, listened to all of the Beatle songs. And I can honestly say that I like the Beatles. They truely, in my book, can be considered among the top 30 bands of all time. I didn't put them in the top 10 or 20 because, they are good, but not super good in a far out way. It's not that I've been programmed to consider THe Beatles the best band in the world that revolutionized everything, but many people nowadays are programmed to hate boy bands and pop. Sure, that's alright because most boy bands and pop sucks ass, but the thing about the Beatles are, they make good music. That's the only reason I like them. Good music. That's what people don't listen to in this modern time, good music. They listen to what people tell them is good music, but they don't venture out on their own and risk listening to something they've never heard before,its a damn shame.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:11 PM       
Double-edge sword of peer pressure, I guess. It can pressure you into listening to over-hyped crap or shame you out of listening to things that the current majority says is over-hyped crap ... and possibly missing some good music.

Wherever you go, there you are.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Stabby's just trying to be obtuse. Have you listened to ALL their music. I'm asking because you happened to cite examples of the early "bubble gum" phase of their music which, although somewhat catchy, isn't my favorite timeframe for their music either. Do yourself a favor and listen to their later albums before you dismiss the whole catalogue of their work due to too much public approval. It's kind of analagous to when I hear young people today dismiss Metallica because they often hear that the band "sold out", and so, don't even bother to listen to their early music which is their best work, IMHO.
You're right there. They did develop and mature and I guess I can appreciate a lot of their later work. I guess I just don't like the argument that the Beatles are the greatest becasue they "invented" this genre of rock, when there were a number of other bands around that time doing much better things for music than the Beatles.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
I like the less played/used (in TV shows and commercials) Beatles songs. Particularly the ones with bizarre lyrics. But I definitely wouldn't call them the greatest band of all times. Because that's Queen. Possibly, when speaking of bands in their timeframe, they're the most popular band ever. But they'd probably have to contest that with the Rolling Stones.

But you shouldn't hate them because everyone loves them. Trying to avoid everything popular can cause you to miss out on some good stuff. Some things are just popular AND good.
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:55 PM       
"Double-edge sword of peer pressure, I guess. It can pressure you into listening to over-hyped crap or shame you out of listening to things that the current majority says is over-hyped crap ... and possibly missing some good music."

Yeah, I notice that a lot. I don't wanna have to like something just cause it's obscure, dammit.

" I guess I just don't like the argument that the Beatles are the greatest becasue they "invented" this genre of rock, when there were a number of other bands around that time doing much better things for music than the Beatles."

<3 The Kinks... not that they were necessarily doing better things for music... just <3

"I like the less played/used (in TV shows and commercials) Beatles songs."

<3 Happiness is a Warm Gun
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:28 PM       
Everyone basically said what I wanted to say. I also like the beatle's solo work, like "My Sweet Lord" which is a beautiful song.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 09:42 PM       
I don't really like the Beatles, which is my choice, but the thing i hate is how people get pissed off when i say it. They make it seem like if i don't like The Beatles i am not allowed to have an opinion.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:22 PM       
THE BEATLES ARE THE GREATEST BAND EVER! If you don't understand that you are a fucking moron. Every single Beatles song is prefect. I could listen to their music on repeat forever because it's so fucking awesome.

Husker Jew is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:32 AM       
The Beatles are one of my favorite bands, but musically speaking, they're about a five. I mean, even I can figure an entire album out within half an hour. But, don't you ever say that they suck.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 12:42 PM       
THE NEW LIZ PHAIR ALBUM IS BETTER THEN THAN BEATLES SHE'S SOOOO KEWL!!!!
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 12:53 PM       
haha and you bought it.