Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM       
Hit me, Cap'n.

My order from General Delivery via the good Captain is as follows:

John C. McGinley

A John C. McGinley movie I love: No contest - Office Space. If you don't agree, then I have some TPS reports for you to fill out.

A John C. McGinley movie I like: This is tougher. While I liked Se7en, he only had a small role, so I'm going with Article 99. The movie was somewhat derivative, but I liked the acting.

A John C. McGinley movie I hate: Wagon's East was pretty bad, plus it was John Candy's last movie before his death.

Honorable Mention: Scrubs. Check it out.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM       
I will take one from the Colonel while I am waiting on Thrash0 to come back from whatever made him disappear from here

And here's a big ol bag of Owen Wilson per Colonel's request

Owen Wilson movie I loved: Shanghai Noon. Corney? Yes. Stupid? Sure, I won't argue that. Funny. Absolutely. And Owen Wilson carried this movie on his back

Owen Wilson movie I liked: Starsky and Hutch. As throwback remakes go, this one could have been worse. And I think that the casting was perfect across the board for a show that was cheesy in the first place.

Owen Wilson movie I hated: Cars. Fuck Cars, Fuck Cars in the tailpipe with something that would do damage to it

Honorable mention: Behind Enemy Lines

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 14th, 2011 at 01:01 AM.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM       
I keep thinking that one of these days, Ex Leper is going to return to the boards and finally give us the three Alec Baldwin movies I told him to name.

In the meantime, I want in again.

Pentagarn gave me Vincent Schiavelli. Once I looked up who he was, I immediately recognized him as that one character actor:

Vincent Schiavelli movie I loved: Johnny Dangerously. Underrated Naked Gun-esque comedy with Michael Keaton in the title role.

Vincent Schiavelli movie I liked: Ghost. Man did he want those smokes.

Vincent Schiavelli movie I didn't like: Buckaroo Banzai. Saw it years ago on Comedy Central after hearing good things about it. At the time, it just didn't seem all that funny to me, and I didn't really get what they were doing with the title character. I felt like there was some required reading I missed out on.

Honorable mention:Corpse Killer. God, this game sucked. I hoped he got paid more than the other "actors."

"Foo-Pah!"

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Aug 16th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 11:03 PM       
Play on!

Boogie has ordered up a heaping dish of Jeffery Combs for me. Uh.

Unfortunately, I am not a horror film afficianado, so I must rely on my experience with his work in TV. Apologies all around.

A Jeffery Combs role I love: Weyoun in Star Trek: Deep Space 9. The Vorta everyone loved to hate.

A Jeffery Combs role I like: Kevin Burkhoff in The 4400. I liked this series, and would have appreciated better and more consistent air-times.

A Jeffery Combs role I hate: The Andorian Shran on Enterprise. Way to ruin the franchise.

Honorable Mention: I haven't seen any of his horror films, but I imagine he was good in The Re-Animator. They made a sequel.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 16th, 2011 at 10:40 PM.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 01:47 AM       
Hrmm... I got Shirley Maclaine from the Colonel.. I have honestly not seen many movies with her in them..

A Shirley Maclaine movie I love: The Apartment
Why: Lemmon is a great actor and she played well against him. I also like the fact the movie was contraversial for it's time because it talked about infidelity and adultery.

A Shirley Maclaine movie I like: Steel Magnolias
Why: It's full of diverse characters and it has a great ensemble cast. She's such a feisty character in this movie. I like her bold, feisty film roles.

A Shirley Maclaine movie I don't like: I haven't really seen many to give an opinion on which I didn't like.

Honorable mention: N/A
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM       
HIT ME
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM       
Hit me again.

10000 "thank you's" for handing me Bob Newhart

A Bob Newhart Movie I love: Cold Turkey. How can you not love a movie with a character named Dr. Proctor?

A Bob Newhart Movie I like: The Bob Newhart Show - with Suzanne Pleshette, they formed the classic functional/dysfunctional dink dynamic.

A Bob Newhart Movie I hate: Elf. One of Will Ferrell's weaker efforts.

Honorable Mention: Catch 22. One word. Major Major Major Major.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 19th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM       
I'll do it

Fresh from the Colonel bakery, Edward G Robinson (I can hear 90% of i-mockery saying 'who?' as we speak)

Edward G Robinson movie I loved: The Ten Commandments. It was an epic movie, and it shows every Easter.

Edward G Robinson movie I liked: Key Largo. What's not to like, it has Bogey

Edward G Robinson movie I hated: Soylent Green. I don't really hate Soylent green but "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!" makes it in the bottom of his list

Honorable Mention: Dozens of movies, tv shows, this guy was it in the 40s-60s

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 19th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM       

A Alec Baldwin movie I love: Beetlejuice, the first film of his that I saw.

A Alec Baldwin movie I like: Talk Radio, because any movie snob has to like it

A Alec Baldwin movie I hate: Pluto Nash, Cats & Dogs, Notting Hill (fuck Hugh Grant!)

Honorable Mention: Any of his SNL hosting gigs or his message to his daughter (equal in hilarity)
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM       
Hit me up
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM       
Ok so I got Harrison Ford!

A Harrison Ford movie I love: Blade Runner. It took me three viewings to finally get why this movie is so brilliant. Now I think it is on par with 2001: A Space Odyssey. This is a film that NEEDS to be seen on a big screen, you just don't get the same atmosphere in a living room type setting

A Harrison Ford movie I like: Bruno. Ok, this isn't really a Harrison Ford movie seeing as how he's in it for a grand total of 5 seconds. But I personally thought this film was funnier than Borat (maybe because all the jokes were ruined for me before I even saw the dang thing)

A Harrison Ford movie I hate: Six Days Seven Nights. This isn't really fair, I haven't seen the film since I was like 8 or 9 (I think I just wanted to see it because I loved Star Wars). I don't even remember hating it, I just remember thinking it wasn't very good.

Honorable Mention: I fucking love Apocalypse Now and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM       
BLADE RUNNER REAL SEQUEL

Rongi gave me Gena Rowlands

Movie I love with her: The notebook because she dies at the end.

Movie I liked with her: Machine Gun McCain

Another movie I haven't seen Gena Rowlands in but sounds good is: A Woman under the influence.

Honorable mention: That sex tape Rongi made with Gena Rowlands. It was real good.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 21st, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 05:30 AM       
A 10k challenge I will take

For talking like Yoda, Mark Hammil, 10k gave me.

A Mark Hammil movie I loved:Gonna go with the layup shot here and pick Star Wars episodes 4-6.

A Mark Hammil movie I liked: Guyver. For silliness like this:

A Mark Hammil movie I hated: Wizards. I liked it when I was a kid, but as I got older I liked it less and less till eventually I just thought it was crap. God Bakshi sucks (See Bakshi's Lord of the Rings for more evidence of his suckiness)

Honorable mention: The lion's share of voice gigs in all cartoons and vidjamagames ever

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 20th, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 05:36 AM       
Gimme another hit.

5garn gave me Johnny Depp, so here it is:

A Johnny Depp movie I love: Edward Scissorhands: The movie creeped me out a bit when I was young, but it was excellent in how crazy it was bringing a dude with scissors for hands who was gangly/awkward, trying to make him fit into the modern world. And it really is a great movie.

A Johnny Depp movie I like: Platoon: One of the best war movies out there. There are some really memorable scenes in this movie.

A Johnny Depp movie I hate: The Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them): Shitty movies with a shitty story. Even a disney executive said story doesn't matter when you have big set pieces and cgi to create a successful movie. Not an authentic pirate tale. Would have been nice if it was a movie kinda like the pirate movies of old, but it's disney and they have to overdo everything and make it shit.

Honorable Mention: The Imaginarium of Doctor Pernassus: Was decent, not great, but had a lot of fancy set pieces.

Last edited by k0k0 : Aug 20th, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM       
Hey what gives, I was supposed to give the next person their actor

Oh well, I'll take another thespian!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM       
I got BRUCE WILLIS

A Bruce Willis Movie I Love: Die Hard. If you don't like Die Hard you're kind of a faggot. I can prove this, with charts and science

A Bruce Willis Movie I Like: Sin City. Fun movie, I thought Bruno gave a pretty good performance in this

A Bruce Willis Movie I Hate: Tie between The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. M Night Shabadoo is a talentless fuck who should never be allowed a camera
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi View Post
Hey what gives, I was supposed to give the next person their actor
And you're also supposed to edit your post, putting in the actor you were given. I think you still owe 10K an actor. Plus me, now, too.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongi
CHOJIN GIVE ME BACK MY EDIT BUTTON YOU JERK
Well, now, this explains a lot.

The buttonless Mr. Rongi serves me up a steaming bowl of Woody Allen.

A Woody Allen movie I love: This is a tough one - I'll go with Take the Money and Run, because it cemented him as a fixture in Hollywood. Plus it cracks me up every time I see it, especially when he's singing on the chain gang.

A Woody Allen movie I like: How do I limit this to only one movie, when there are so many to choose from - How about The Front. His last line - "You can all just go f*** yourselves.", shocked me back in the day.

A Woody Allen movie I hate: Interiors is tied with Hannah and her Sisters

Honorable Mention: Sleeper, Zelig, Manhattan, Bananas, and a host of movies I'm too lazy to mention here.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 24th, 2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling and a smaller photo :\
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 12:58 AM       
I will take another Colonel challenge

Colonel gave me a man who finds life to be a challenge, Randy Quaid

Randy Quaid movie I loved: National Lampoon's Vacation. Who doesn't love Vacation?

Randy Quaid movie I liked: Kingpin. There's not a bowling league in America that doesn't reference this movie constantly.

Randy Quaid movie I hated: Easy. Caddyshack 2, I explained why earlier, and it hasn't gotten better with time

Honorable mention: Paper Moon, Midnight Express

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 21st, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM       
I want to play.
Salticidae!
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:00 PM       
Pentegarn gave me Robert Duvall

Robert Duvall movie I loved: Secondhand Lions and The Natural
Robert Duvall movie I liked: True grit (1969) Ned Pepper
Robert Duvall movie I hated: Days of Thunder, I really don't care for racecar movies or Tom Cruise.
Honorable mention: To kill a mockingbird, Boo Radley, M.A.S.H Frank Burns, and of course the Godfather II.

Who wants to play next?

Last edited by b_squared : Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Forgot the who's next line.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM       
Give it to me, B²!

Bill Paxton is the assignment.

A Bill Paxton movie I love: Apollo 13. I was 10 (and already come into my own as a science geek) when the actual events took place, so this movie resonates with me in a way few movies can.

A Bill Paxton movie I like: I have a soft spot for Indian Summer. True, it's more of a "relationship movie" (read: chick flick) but there's a scene with Paxton and Alan Arkin (the trophy scene) that makes you sit back and say "Wow."

A Bill Paxton movie I hate: There are two - I want to go with Twister (the only part of this movie that's any good is where Jonas gets beaned with a telephone pole), but my nod will go to Titanic. If they could bury every copy of every DVD, VHS, film or pirated version of this film in the salt caverns where they are burying all our spent nuclear fuel, it would be a good start.

Honorable Mention: Aliens. A movie sequel that is favorably compared with the original.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 23rd, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
Salticidae!
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM       
Mr Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by a terminator, an alien, and a predator.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM       
10K I would totally have had the sex with Ms Rowlands like even 40 years ago

Also gimme an actor you screws
Salticidae!
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM       
The good Colonel gave me: Sally (you like me, you really like me) Field

A Sally Field movie I love: Forrest Gump. "Momma always said..."

A Sally Field movie I like: I like Soapdish, Murphy's Romance (with my birthday husband James Garner)

A Sally Field movie I hate: Sybil, Her crazy mother in the film scared the shit out of me.

Honorable Mention: Smokey and the Bandit and Gidget because she is adorably cute in those films.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:22 AM       
hit me.

Also, im so happy to know that someone else in the world could give a fuck less about the Pirates O Curribeen movies.