Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:13 AM        SC2?
I just beat wc3, and anyone that's seem the "credits/outtakes" had to have noticed the hydralisk and what looked like a marine pics in the bottom left corner...What I'm wondering is if that means they're making progress on sc2 or if they just made them for that.

Btw, the ending video was a bit of a letdown since most of the other videos ruled. The credits/outtakes part was good though. I also liked how they recreated the wc2 models for that one scene where the "prophet" is telling them about the last game.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:34 AM       
The SC models were just made for this game. Also in some of the levels, you can find (and control) certain SC units. Lots of easter eggs like that in this game.

Anyway, the ending for WC3 is exactly how the endings for Diablo II, Warcraft 2, and Starcraft were. They make them sort of like that, so you don't exactly know what happens and/or it sets up the expansion (which will have the spectacular ending).
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:47 AM       
WHERE CAN I CONTROL SC UNITS?!

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
Another interesting thing about WC3, is that almost every unit has those funny sayings when you click on them too many times. So it's worth playing some unique custom games, or maybe making one yourself.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:50 PM       
thats not unique to sc2, every blizzard game has that. you couldnt tell in sc because half the units didnt speak english...

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:05 PM       
Jack, beat WC3 on hard and you get a special Starcraft 2 ending too. ;>
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Itallian. I mean WC3. My brian no work good. SC2 isn't even out, but I imagine the non-class units (if there are any) will do the same thing as they do in WC3.

And in case you were serious, and just made the same typo. It IS only in WC3. Starcraft and Warcraft 2 didn't have any special units like that.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
No, both of those games did it too.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:51 PM       
No, just WC3. The other games had that feature for the units you'd usually use in the game. But they never had any special units like WC3 does (There's a slew that you'll only end up using if you make your own custom map and add them in).
The Wolf
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
No, just WC3. The other games had that feature for the units you'd usually use in the game. But they never had any special units like WC3 does (There's a slew that you'll only end up using if you make your own custom map and add them in).
No, I think they thought you meant the funny sayings, which is what I thought you meant too. But I agree that it's very cool to see all the extra units that aren't part of any race.

Edit: Is the special sc2 ending worth the effort?...and, did anyone else kill "the largest panda ever"?

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
I killed one of them. There are tons of little extras like that in the game.

As for the ending, yeah, it's worth it. All you need to do is change the difficulty for the last level, use the automatic win cheat, and watch.