Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
SwapMagic doesn't work too well for newer games, anyway, and Siren 2 is fairly recent I think.
that's what i was talken about
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM       
Yeah but there's only like 10 dual-layer games tho
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 09:29 PM       
well according to the google siren 2 is one of them
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
those PAL Playstations aren't labeled as such. I assumed all UK ps2's had PAL stamped on their tops in gigantic red letters and also that they came in less threatening colors like blue and green but that's not how it is.
I had a look at mine and there is a tiny 3mm label on the underside that says PAL in grey on black.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM       
Siren: Blood Curse is going to be a remake of the original title for the PS3. It was released last year, and is only available via the PSN store.

It's also censored a lot.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM       
I had to send in my 360 after getting the red ring of death. Again. The last time, they sent me a new one, and it last through just under 2 years of on/off playing.

The 360 has some great games, but the console itself seems to be pretty crappy.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM       
My original 20 gig xbox died again, so I just went out and bought a brand new elite.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 01:40 AM       
Well given the choice between buying a new 360, or getting a new one for free, I had to go with the latter.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I had to send in my 360 after getting the red ring of death. Again. The last time, they sent me a new one, and it last through just under 2 years of on/off playing.

The 360 has some great games, but the console itself seems to be pretty crappy.
Sad but true. I owned many gaming consoles and none of them ever broke down, my Snes, PS1, my 2600 still works, not even my 1st Gameboy that was drowned in Applejuice when I was a kid. But the 360? Had to send it in two times already.

But late last year it was struck by lightning (true story) and I suppose it has superpowers now, like, not breaking down like a cheap electronic toy.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM       
Well mine lasted for a reasonably long time before it died. I thought I was immune, that it was something that happened to other Xboxes. It's away for repairs or replacement right now, but I am pleased with the service so I am not too mad. All the great games has made it easily worth it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 10:42 AM       
Same here. I had mine for over two years before it broke down, and I was away at work right after it happened anyway, so it was ready when I got back.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 12:55 PM       
Got Worms from a friend on PSN yesterday and it's really fun in multiplayer, does remind me of a game i played from years ago called Gunbound, except gunbound uses tanks instead of worms..

Or maybe gunbound copied worms, i never played worms prior to this, so someone please inform me.
Stupid pricing on the game though, 13 dollars? Someone buying a 20 dollar card and buying this is fucked because what the hell are they gonna do with 7 dollars, buy a 5 dollar game and have 2 dollars, for what, a premium theme?

It's probably worth it if you split the cost between a friend and gameshare it.
Wheel of Fortune is also pretty fun but once again, stupid pricing, should've been 10 dollars at max, and like jeopardy it's going to go down in price real soon.
And Burn Zombie Burn should've had online co-op, because it doesn't, i will not buy it.
Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Sad but true. I owned many gaming consoles and none of them ever broke down, my Snes, PS1, my 2600 still works, not even my 1st Gameboy that was drowned in Applejuice when I was a kid. But the 360? Had to send it in two times already.
That's not really a fair comparison, though. All of those except the PS1 are cartridge based systems with no moving parts, and even the PS1 runs at pretty low speed compared to a 360. Probably, failure rates are only going to increase as the machines get more and more complex. It's like comparing a bike to a car. They both do mostly the same thing, but the one that does it better has a lot more places to break down.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM       
Quote:
That's not really a fair comparison, though. All of those except the PS1 are cartridge based systems with no moving parts, and even the PS1 runs at pretty low speed compared to a 360. Probably, failure rates are only going to increase as the machines get more and more complex. It's like comparing a bike to a car. They both do mostly the same thing, but the one that does it better has a lot more places to break down.
Are you trying to defend what Microsoft did? The 360 is probably the worst produced electronic of all time in terms of hardware, it's a piece of crap.

Yes, there are always failure rates but this is phenomenal, they built this like a piece of crap and that's why it fails like a piece of crap, not because of more complex hardware, if it was because of that, then the PS3 would be failing left and right as well and laptops and ipods and everything!
The whole RROD thing may be fixed now apparently with the newer consoles but we'll see if those fail within 2 years or not
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM       

Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
We'll see. I can't imagine that making machines that they have to replace every 2 years or so is going to help their profit margins.

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Are you trying to defend what Microsoft did? The 360 is probably the worst produced electronic of all time in terms of hardware, it's a piece of crap.

Yes, there are always failure rates but this is phenomenal, they built this like a piece of crap and that's why it fails like a piece of crap, not because of more complex hardware, if it was because of that, then the PS3 would be failing left and right as well and laptops and ipods and everything!
The whole RROD thing may be fixed now apparently with the newer consoles but we'll see if those fail within 2 years or not
ok
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
PS3 NEVER BREAK BECAUSE THEIR INSIDES ARE FULL OF SHIT AND TOOTHPICKS
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Are you trying to defend what Microsoft did?
Make a good console with a good online service and nice controllers while supporting independent developers and replacing faulty machines free of charge?

I WOULDN'T PISS ON THEM IF THEY WERE ON FIRE.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
I heard the PS3 has cobwebs and magic inside.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM       
And hamsters. That feed on your hopes of good games. And stuff.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
PS3 has plenty of good games too.

Platform fanboyism needs to go back to the playground where it belongs.

Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM       
Look, this is just something I heard, so don't take it at face value, but I heard that the reason PS3s always feel so warm to the touch is because their processors are made of radium.

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Yeah, all those excellent exclusives! Like... uh...

The Wolf
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post

Platform fanboyism needs to go back to the playground where it belongs.
Or, you know, this thread.