Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM       
when to plant what all depends on where you are. I start pea seedlings indoors in late April, and I transplant them outside as soon as they outgrow the seed starter. I string bird netting between two stakes and let them climb it.

Everything else, here, goes in around Mother's Day because that's when the big risk of frost is over. Everything I have growing now went in the ground the weekend before Mother's Day and everything's growing like crazy. I just harvested 6 yellow squash and zucchini the size of those souvenir baseball bats.
I have hundreds of tomatoes that aren't ripe yet. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with all of them because they're not all sauce tomatoes.

My mom grows a lemon tree in a small pot in a hot, humid room and she gets 2 or 3 full size lemons off it every year.

My great-grandmother used to mix something she called "panther piss" up and dump it on her plants, and her backyard was like this amazing jungle where everything was supersized. I wish I'd asked her how to make it while she was alive. I know they used to call whiskey "panther piss" and that you can buy real panther pee to keep deer away, but I think this was something my great-grandmother invented in her kitchen.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM       

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 09:40 PM       
eeeeeee. So cute.

I wonder whose hair that is?
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM       
yeah they're adorable. there's always one sticking out of the middle like that. i like to assume it's always the same little guy. he's my buddy.

also i thought it was thicker than hair, some type of plant fiber or something. it totally does look like hair, though, and my girlfriend does have long black hair.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM       
At least you know now that they're almost certainly barn swallows.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM       
the birds are out n about now

i guess they prefer to perch on the rack on top of my jeep

as evidenced by the mass amount of birdshit
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM       
I saw a society finch today whose head was plucked completely bald. It was definitely a weird look...little black pinhead on a big ball of feathers. Poor thing
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM       
Bumping. Highland lakes. The water is perfectly clear, although it looks brown since that's what the bottom is coloured.

I spent a lot of time just sitting on that tree.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:55 AM       

I almost trod on either a tiger snake or copperhead around here. My first thought was to get a picture of it, but as I raised the camera I thought that that was a dumb thing to do and I proceeded to take several loud steps backwards instead. I wish I had gotten a photo though.

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM       
that's a pretty awesome tree. EDIT: all that stuff is awesome actually.

it's gotten cold outside and i never want to leave the house again as a result.
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM       
It was pretty freezing up there, otherwise there would probably be pictures of me/companion swimming. It's summer everywhere else, but there's still snow up that particular mountain.
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM       
yeah, it looks pretty cold.
Banned

Amber Kush is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 07:36 PM       
Something I caould walk naked through.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM       
HUBBA HUBBA
teacup of sunshine
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM       
These are from Jekyll Island, Georgia. It was a privately-held island until 1948, I think, and then it was sold by southern bigwigs to the state as a tax writeoff. Because it's not very touristy, it hasn't been ruined yet.

Sunrise over the Atlantic:

Some colorful dunes flowers...I believe some might be datura relatives...

Mermaid Purse (skate egg) and whelk- the beach was full of whelks.

Fresh loggerhead sea turtle tracks...the island is a protected loggerhead nesting area.

A nest found by the "turtle patrol", people from the Georgia Sea Turtle Center who prowl the beach all night with red floodlights to mark the nests.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM       
I did a lot of beachcombing and found some really cool stuff.

Mystery skull. Duck? Pelican?

Off-roading at low tide:

The place was full of horseshoe crabs, more than I've ever seen on a beach. They ranged from tiny to a foot across. A lot of times a wave flipped them over and I had to turn them back or a gull would get them.

Whelk eggs:
teacup of sunshine
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM       
I swear the first thing I thought of whenever I saw a jellyfish washed up was chojin doing the u jelly thing, and I was like dammit chojin, out on some remote beach in Georgia's Barrier Islands.

Salt marsh grasses and cluster oyster beds.

Another skate egg.

Sea whip.

Sargasso.

Sand dollar. I collected about 50...about 30 made it home in one piece.

Lots of hermit crabs doing their hermit crab thing.

Sea urchin.

dessicated sea cucumber

mystery bone.

Yet another horseshoe crab:

A little blurry, but this giant ancient (it was thick and old, most are thin) pen shell is about as big as a football. It was my prize beachcombing find. I've got it soaking now to get the sand crust off, then I'm going to find a display case for it.
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:17 AM       
awesome pictures
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:37 AM       
Who knew dead things on the beach could be so interesting?

Also... can't tell if that is a toy car off-roading at low tide, or not... it's weirding me out with my perception of things.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM       
Yeah, it's a toy car that washed up on the beach. I sort of liked the illusion.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM       
I have a bad nature story.

I'm allergic to honeybees, right

I had to take a picture of an outdoor sculpture for something. Got a ride there, sculpture's out in the middle of a field. I am totally not thinking, have jeans and sandals on, leave my purse (with epi-pen) in the car and just go out with the camera, la la la la la.

I get out about 30 feet before I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. I look down and realize that I am standing in a field of clover, and on that clover are more honeybees than I've ever seen in my life. There is honestly a bee on every single fucking flower. So I freeze in my tracks, thinking "oh shit".

It takes me a full half hour to retreat 30 feet through a series of dumbassed tai-chi-looking moves. I had to balance on one foot and wait for the next place I could step down. It was sheer dumb luck that I didn't get stung on the way in, but I thought for sure I would get stung on the way out. I was trying not to hyperventilate because the CO2 would've riled the bees, and I knew if something happened to me I'd fall over onto a carpet of bees.

I finally got back to the parking lot, but I was in the middle of a full-on panic attack at that point. All I could see was bees. I got my picture, but for the next 50 miles or so I was paranoid that bees had flown up my pantleg and just hadn't stung me yet.

Had nightmares about it that night. I fucking hate bees and I fucking hate not being able to breathe and I fucking hate having to use that epi pen.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM       

glad you didn't die

But I got mad stung when I was a kid living in Germany. I had to go home from school and get taken to the doctor because of it, even though I'm not allergic to anything. It was really bad - whole face bad.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM       
this is where i am for 2 weeks

great

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM       
i feel weird posting a picture that i didn't take without giving credit, but to be fair the camera owner didn't take it either since it was on a motion sensor so whatever.

the point is... FUCKING CUTE

(also pretty big so spoiler tag)
Spoilers!
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM       
That looks like a dingo.

Not really.

Also, your first picture is AWESOME. Can you go swimming in there?