Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CKY2K is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:09 AM        Who can't wait for this decade to die?
This decade really needs to get thrown into the shitter. Seriously, shit the fuck up with the nu metal and altered emo grunge shit. It's not cool.

Also this shit people are calling punk rock.

Fuck radio, fuck MTV.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM       
I don't want it to die because in the next few years there will invariably be something worse.

And nu metal is old, what we have today is different.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM       
I like this decade!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM       
Dude I'm totally with you, this decade fucking sucks. I was listening to my Hootie and the Blowfish album the other day and I'm all like why can't people appreciate the classics
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 03:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I like this decade!

dude you just basically said you liked 9/11

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 11:13 AM       
Well if I had said I liked the 90's i'd be saying I liked the OKC bombings

if I said I liked the 70's i'd be liking vietnam

and i genuinely don't like the 80's
CKY2K is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM       
Last time I turned on the radio I heard Breaking Benjamin, so I'm pretty sure nu metal is still circulating alot today.

Breaking Benjamin fucking sucks btw.

Fuck radio, fuck MTV.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 11:37 PM       
Breaking Benjamin is nu metal?
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM       
KoRn, is apparently the 'founding Fathers' of Nu Metal. When Jon Davis puts out an acoustic version of 'Blind', as Breaking Benjamin has done with a set of their songs. Then maybe. Until then, Fuck this whole bullshit about hating the decade and how about thinking why your generation has fucked it up so.
DistantJ is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM       
I do actually, I do kinda hope this decade finishes soon, or at least the current fads. It's not been great, particularly for American music and culture. The hip hop has been this awful thug poser crap which is recycled again and again and again, and the RnB has been equally dull and frustrating, and in overwhelming numbers. Metal has spawned a rediculous amount of silly costume and personality fads when people pose and act like there's something more than just music and clothes to what they're doing.

European stuff has been pretty cool, though, not just in music but in fashion and things. I'm glad to be in the UK and not the US right about now.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Metal has spawned a rediculous amount of silly costume and personality fads when people pose and act like there's something more than just music and clothes to what they're doing.
This decade's metal music has spawned silly costumes and personalities?!

DEATH TA FALSE METAL DOODES
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM       
THE 80'S AND 90's ARE DEAD DISTANT J, LONG LIVE THE OH OH'S!

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM       
CKY I bet when you saw that picture in your signature you laughed so hard you sprayed diarrhoea all over your bedroom.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM       
UK HARDHOUSE!!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:15 PM       
man you guys remember prohibition wasn't that awesome times not like NOW
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:56 PM       
Nah, I was too busy in 'nam. Now that was one hell of a rush. All those drugs man, they went straight to my brain.
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM       
Personally, I hate this decade - music had died, so have films. there is nothign original left, so you just get repetitive songs that you hear EVERY DAY on the radio and films which are always either about World War 2, Disney, or Slapstick comedy.
I just wish there was another 60's/70's/80's when everything wasn't so boring, and originality was still slightly available

I just finished a 2 page essay saying how shite My Chemical Romance are and I compared them to the holocaust MCR ruined me. hate you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg_zombies View Post
MCR ruined me. hate you.
I was reading really fast and thought you said CCR.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:32 PM       
haha
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM       
If he had said CCR, I think we may have had to hold a public lynching.

I go to school every day and have to put up with the shit that teens like. I just slowly put my headphones on and listen to AC/DC, Queen, or something decent as the monthly shit band goes up to make noise during lunch. If you were to hand a guitar to a retarded ape having a seizure, what you'd get out of that would be at least ten times more musical than what these fuckfaces do. One time it was so bad, I ducked out and ate lunch in the chemistry room. And sometimes, they can't get a band for the "music day," so they just blast hip-hop or whatever the hell they can get their hands on. One day they were blasting some good music (I think it was Ozzy or something), until some kid turned it off and put in his own CD of some rap artist that stole the main melody lines from my favorite tunes (such as Breakfast in America and Crazytrain) and rapped over them. It's fucking ridiculous, I almost strangled that kid. I honestly can't stand other teens because of the faggot shit they like (not to mention do, but that's characteristic of any generation, I'd think). I can tell you, it's safe to say that this generation sucks, at least as far as music goes. I'm forced to deal with its products almost every day of my life.

I'm not so sure about fashions and other fads and trends and whatnot. School has robbed me of almost all things resembling a life thanks to my rigorous schedule of IB classes, so I really have no idea what's going on in the world of trendiness. And I just wear a semi baggy t-shirt and jeans every day, as I don't really care about what I wear. So in all honesty, I can't say much of anything except about how horrible music is.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:43 PM       
So, in a short version of all that. You think your being a 'indivudual', when all your doing is exactly the same as every other high-schooler in the world?

SUPER
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 11:26 PM       
When did the word "individual," or anything like it, ever come up in my rant? Can you please point to that statement and make it clear to me where I mentioned that particular phrase?

The only point I was trying to make was that I'm tired of shitty music that plagues this decade. I honestly don't have the time nor the energy to care about fashion or other "trendy" things, so I can't comment on it in spite of the fact that I'm surrounded by the latest in teenage shit. Yeah, I probably do dress a lot like other teens around the world; though really, t-shirt and jeans are kind of unique where I'm from. My school is full of whiny emo goths that seem to enjoy celebrating Halloween on a daily basis.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM       
Guys apparantly Lenor was so swept up in the Vietnam War that prohibition ran its course without her knowing!

And come on, just think of the current decade as the BUSH DECADE see it's not so bad now

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 12:41 PM       
Heh

I know what you mean Divisible, about all the cover songs which just ruin the song...

Heard the new cover of Personal jesus by jamelia(?) - I nearly cried. I had to go home and wash my ears out with the Marilyn manosn and Johnny Cash versions

Nice taste in music btw
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM       
milhouse, so I'm a little crazy. That doesn't cause for having to condemn me!