Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM        Nature
Aaarg motivated me with his pictures of his hiking to find some of my own past photos. These are some of them. They are all taken in Tasmania at various locations that aren't that far away from each other to warrant me remembering where I took them.

Please post images of the great outdoors that you have taken. I'm sure I would upload more if people cared, too.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 05:11 AM       

these are all from the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge right before they flooded the largest trail to add more habitat area
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 10:14 AM       
what cool pictures. if you've got more, totally post 'em!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM       
In my parent's backyard:

Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM       
Willie, are those barns in your second picture? That's also a pretty purple swamp.

Also, that's a fantastic creek your parents have in their backyard. We used to have one when I was growing up. Better than a TV I say.

This one is from Wineglass Bay. COOL ROCKS.

Here is a Tasmanian devil that I saw there. It's only a baby. I wouldn't get that close to a grown one.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM       
You guys have great places to hide bodies.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Willie, are those barns in your second picture?
they are! it used to be a dairy farm before they made it into a wildlife refuge. there were so many swallows nesting in the eaves it was ridiculous.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM       
We have the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge a couple miles from where I live. Srsly, I'm pretty sure there are bodies there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM       
Horizon's a little wonky, tree must be crooked:

These first two were taken at Lake Loramie in Ohio. I go there to watch herons.

Cherry tree:

Juvenile mantis:

Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
they are! it used to be a dairy farm before they made it into a wildlife refuge. there were so many swallows nesting in the eaves it was ridiculous.
That's so god damn American, I love it.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Also, that's a fantastic creek your parents have in their backyard. We used to have one when I was growing up. Better than a TV I say.
Agreed. I spent hours out there playing every day during the summer.
OH GOD
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM       

closer view of barns w/ swallow nests

a coupla wood ducks!

and i also got some snaps of this great blue heron
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM       
oh yeah kitsa aren't you in/near nelsonville? post some pictures from the hocking hills!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 08:01 PM       
Ayuh, about 2 hours from there. (Also, <3 great blue herons)

These first photos are of Cantwell Cliffs:

One of the hikers' cabins along the trail.

This looks like the cover of every biology text I've ever had.

Watch out, that first step's a doozy...

This one creeped me out because it looked like a zoo gorilla enclosure.

This staircase is called "Fat Woman's Squeeze", I think. I didn't test it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM       
These are from Rock House, a natural cave that was used by Native Americans and appropriated by bootleggers:

I hate curves in the trail like this. I was hugging the wall. That sharp turn you see drops off the face of a cliff.

When there's water, this is a beautiful waterfall.

Inside Rock House, looking out.

Got this photographer as he was taking a picture of one of the openings. You can't see well here, but the floor is littered with dead pigeons.

And the rest of these are from Old Man's cave, which I dislike because it's too touristy, built-up and crowded:

Old Aug 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM       
Oh god damn it, why did Ashley never cement the plans she was making for us to camp out in the Hills for a weekend?

Looks like my kind of place. I love rocks and caves and above-ground caves.

She fell off a waterfall there!
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 07:01 AM       
Those ph

Tell me, why are trees (in general) in the US all the same colour green? Do you only get one type of tree in each area, or is it that all the different trees are just very well matched? It's strange.
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM       
Those ph...... otos are fantastic Kitsa.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM       
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM       
Waterfall at Cradle Mountain

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM       
Depends on the forest, really. Most forests are made up of a few different trees of a similar species, but yeah for the most part in eastern deciduous forests everything's the same shade of green.

There is some variation in the green, though!

And...

Looks different in the fall (this is just a search engine picture, not something I've taken)
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM       
Thanks

Every time I see the Appalachians or the foothills in the fall, I think of those model train sets with all the different color moss blobs for trees. It looks just like that to me.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM       
And representing Britain: The snow that made everyone freak out eariler this year.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 11:56 AM       
I still wanna see the bunny fields
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 12:03 PM       
Those ones by the trees are. So you have seen some!