Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM        Ray Bradbury, noooo
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM       
i assumed he died a long time ago.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM       
That was Isaac Asimov.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 12:40 PM       
Noooo I haven't read anything by Ray.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM       
you've never read f451 or a sound of thunder?

wowzas
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM       
INFERIOR TASMANIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM

they probably also taught you that life evolved from single-celled organisms :lmao
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM       
rip Ray Bradbury your short story about a house from far in the future that still performed its daily tasks even though the family was obliterated by a nuclear bomb really disturbed my fragile 9-year-old mind

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM       
I think "I Sing the Body Electric" got to me worst.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
rip Ray Bradbury your short story about a house from far in the future that still performed its daily tasks even though the family was obliterated by a nuclear bomb really disturbed my fragile 9-year-old mind
i read this as "a horse from far in the future"

i was like

attaboy

attaboy, horse
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM       
The Illustrated Man was my favorite book for a while.
He will be missed, even if he was kind of a dick later on.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 08:01 PM       
Bradbury rocked. He had a good run, though.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM       
Quote:
A classic, chilling cautionary tale, and I'm killing myself in my mind for not remembering the title.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM       
The Veldt
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM       
Nope, mine was There Will Come Soft Rains. The Veldt is also about a future house but in the end the kids murder the parents.

Man, Bradbury was a messed up dude

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:03 AM       
The Small Assassin, the baby kills its parents...

I used to think he did "cold equations", but nope.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 04:10 AM       
Quote:
Nope, mine was There Will Come Soft Rains.
Thanks, Milhouse.

I had "The Illustrated Man" in my house growing up and always wondered what it was about, and never read it until I was about 12 years old. Never looked back.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 05:30 AM       
I had only just found his stuff, due to Radio 4 re-broadcasting 'Bradbury 13'. I feel like I've been gypped out of a new favourite author.