Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:25 AM        WELCOME TO THE NEW I-MOCKERY FORUM!
Alrighty! The new I-Mockery Forum using vBulletin's software is finally up and running! Big thanks to Mike for working to get everything converted over properly so no posts and/or user accounts were lost in the process. Thanks to the admins for helping test out stuff while we were still debugging it all.

To any of you who are new to the I-Mockery Forum, now is the perfect time to register because we're gonna be integrating user accounts on the new forum with a lot of the new features that the main I-Mockery site will have in the not too distant future. More on that later though... for now, register yourself an account here on the forum if you don't have one already!

So first off, yes... the insanely bright red and green colored preview of the forum that we posted was a total joke. We're not gonna blind you, that's for the Japanese Seizure Robots to do. We tried keeping this forum's overall look the same way we had it on phpBB because a) we always loved how it looked and b) it makes for a smoother transition to this new software.

Secondly, you'll notice all sorts of nifty new options for making posts 'n stuff on this forum now, so take some time to get acquainted with it all. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Third, there are still some minor things we're working on getting fixed at the moment. It's all little stuff like layout issues and tweaking some of the settings and graphics. Still, if you happen to see anything that doesn't appear to be working right OR you see any images/text that look wrong, please let us know by posting about it in this thread!

Last but not least, let us know what you think of the new forum setup! What do you like? What would you like to see added in the future?

Alrighty, that's all for now. Welcome to the new I-Mockery Forum!

-RoG-

p.s.: those of you who have sent a lot of PM's over the years on the old forum might want to go into your sentbox folder (in "User CP") and empty it out to free up some space so you can send/receive private messages.

Last edited by Mockery : Jan 29th, 2007 at 05:18 AM. Reason: GWAR
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:28 AM       
holy guacamole, what luck
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:37 AM       
why's everything all indenty FIX IT FIX IT

also: what is this 10 posts/page, yuck

Last edited by executioneer : Jan 29th, 2007 at 04:43 AM. Reason: BUTTHOLE SEX
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:44 AM       
Fans of Palatino Linotype font this is your time to shine!

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:44 AM       
but i like the fact that you can give a reason for editing, so not all bad! :o

also: are there supposed to be ads at the top of the screen now? cause there are (sometimes, when it's not just a black box)

also: USERTITLES ;_;

Last edited by executioneer : Jan 29th, 2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: FAGGITRY
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
why's everything all indenty FIX IT FIX IT

also: what is this 10 posts/page, yuck
Still working on the left column taking up too much space thing. The 10 posts per page I was editing as you made that post and it's now set to 20 like normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
but i like the fact that you can give a reason for editing, so not all bad! :o

also: are there supposed to be ads at the top of the screen now? cause there are (sometimes, when it's not just a black box)
Editing reasons are one of my favorite things about this. Same for being able to report threads 'n stuff.

And yes, there are going to be ads just at the top of the page. This forum is now on the i-mockery.com server and it's going to be more and more integrated with the rest of the site. No pop-up ads on this forum, so you'll live. :P

Last edited by Mockery : Jan 29th, 2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: BECAUSE WILLIE NEEDS MY MANSEX
OH GOD
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:48 AM       
cool deal!
OH GOD
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM       
COMIC SANS IS THE BEST FONT FOR RAPE
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM       
Man, who DOESN'T qualify for senior member. It kinda seems pointless when even zelda has it

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:08 AM       
User titles haven't been set yet. That's something we're gonna take care of later. Until then, most of us will be elderly.
OH GOD
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:16 AM       
really minor gripe:

"please lengthen your post to at least 6 characters"? what, no more just responding "lol" or "wtf" or "OMG"?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:20 AM       
Aye, consider that one of the ways that we're gonna be cutting down on the people who do nothing but post one word responses while contributing nothing to a thread. We may adjust the minimum required character count for a post, but for now, we're gonna see how 6 goes.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM       
What is this "Go Advanced" shenanigans? Witchcraft, I say!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:45 AM       
Can we change the little green and grey online/offline icons to something cooler

like mario mushrooms or something

a 1 up mushroom for online, a poisoned one for offline

you follow me
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:47 AM       
Screw Mario, get some Splatterhouse icons up in here.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM       
anything is better than dots
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM       
This new board is pretty cool. Other than being completely disoriented right away I have no gripes unlike these unappreciative ninnies.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:55 AM       
i'm not griping ;_;
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
So first off, yes... the insanely bright red and green colored preview of the forum that we posted was a total joke.
Why must everyone I give my heart to, lie to me in the end?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM       
gay as hell
Ringmonster
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM       
Hell is gay now?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:25 AM       
never been there, dude
Ringmonster
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM       
Apparently it is...

IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Aye, consider that one of the ways that we're gonna be cutting down on the people who do nothing but post one word responses while contributing nothing to a thread. We may adjust the minimum required character count for a post, but for now, we're gonna see how 6 goes.
lolwtfbbq
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM       
I noticed taht often times entire forums will stay marked as unread even though I've patiently and dutifully read every single post there is