Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 08:26 PM        Best news ever! New Joe Strummer album!! :eek
I had a link but I lost it oh well

Hellcat records, Strummer's label when he kicked it, is releasing "Streetcore," the record Joe and the Mescaleros were working on when he, well, kicked it. The album includes a cover of Bob Marley's "Redemption Song," as well as a few songs Strummer was playing during concerts in 2002 ("Get Down, Moses") as well as plenty of new material.

It's in the new issue of Rolling Stone, apparently.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 09:38 PM       
There aren't enough emoticons for what I'm feeling.

So I'll narrow it down to one.

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:44 PM       
Dude, it's gonna suck, he's dead
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM       
http://media.epitaph.com/_tmp/stream...-Coma_Girl.ram
The Goddamned Batman
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:55 PM       
In all seriousness, I am thrilled that they actually had enough done already to complete the album and I can't wait to hear it.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:13 PM       
So I guess him being dead was a hoax, huh?

(WARNING: THIS IS A JOKE POST! PLEASE DON'T GET ANGRY AT ME I'M FRAGILE)
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:20 PM       
YOU FUCKING INSENSITIVE FUCKER
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:35 PM       
That's the first time I've heard Coma Girl, and it fucking rules. As much as I can't wait for this album, it's also going to be extremely depressing knowing that this is going to be the last new material I'lll ever hear from Joe. But that's just cause I suck. It would be different if what he was working on when he died sucked, but it's so good that I'd like to hear more. He seriously has the best voice ever.

See, Strummer has made so much material after the Clash broke up that has been b-sides or singles or unreleased songs, they could easily make an album out of it. Not counting this upcoming one or movie soundtracks, he's only done three albums in the last twenty years. I'd love to have an album with songs like Aud in the Pouring Rain or Choloe Vest or Ammunition, even if they were live versions.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:25 PM       
According to strummernews.com, here's the tracklist:

Coma Girl
Get Down Moses
Long Shadow
Arms Aloft
Ramshackle Day Parade
Redemption Song
All in a Day
Burnin' Streets
Midnight Jam
Silver and Gold

Here's the cover art:

I don't get it

And here's the cover for Coma Girl, the first single:
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:05 PM       
That Redemption Song is going to be one fine pimp mobile :hat
The Goddamned Batman
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM       
I had NO idea that they were far enough along on the album when he died to actually release anything.

When is this album coming out again?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:40 PM       
Either October 4th or the 27th

I could be totally wrong here, because I heard them from two different sources.
ShanghaiOrange is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 07:51 PM       
It has to come out on October 4th, because that's Les Waste's birthday.

This will be a good album.

I'll have to trade money for it.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 09:08 PM       
From what I've read online, it was originally slated for October 4th, but it's been pushed back several times and will probably come out in later October.

And Proto, if there's one thing I've learned about Joe's career, it's that he records PILES of music that doesn't make it onto albums, and never even gets released. Example: He recorded an extremely rare to find cover of Pete Seager's Viva La Quince Brigada, and you could make an album out of songs that were cut out of Combat Rock (Kill Time, The Beautiful People are Ugly Too, etc. and the original, unedited versions of Straight to Hell, Ghetto Defendant, Know your Rights, Sean Flynn, et al.)

I imagine he's like one of these musicians who records dozens of songs, and than takes the best ones and puts them on an albums. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the last Strummer album. :fingers crossed
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 09:52 PM       
I wish Strummer would rise from the grave. He'd be zombie strummer and he'd kick even more ass

I really miss him
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
Strangely enough, the local video music station played Mescaleros video, and promptly followed it with a video from Sum 41. I guess they were implying that they were the rightful successors to Joe's legacy.

Music sucks without Joe Strummer.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 07:36 PM       
What song was the video for?

I've only seen two Mescalero videos before: Tony Adams and Johnny Appleseed, and those were kind of like the "singles" from both albums, so I'm guessing it was one of those.

And I downloaded both of those from his website back when it actually had stuff on it. I've never seen one on TV.
- Outerspacekid