Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM        Anybody use Adobe Premiere here? (or know video in general?)
Whenever I try to export video to any other format than DV AVI, everything looks like crap. Even regular Microsoft AVI without compression looks terrible, with the picture breaking up and lagging. I'd just save it as DV AVI and compress it with another program, but for some reason that format doesn't come out in 4:3 unless I write to tape (everything is sqeezed). And also, this thing is more than an hour long and takes 15 gigs, which of course doubles to 30 once the rendered file is done, so it takes a lot of time and hard drive space to work with it in full quality for one more step in the process.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 03:55 AM       
i think that virtualdub has a filter you can use to "unsqueeze" the video back to 4:3 :/
Mocker
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 08:16 AM       
I think so too, but a lot of information is lost that way. Like when you resize a picture and blow it back up again. And the file itself is 4:3, only the original video is squeezed with black bars on each side. This isn't a problem when I record to tape. It's really weird.

Thanks, though.

EDIT: Crap, Virtualdub can't compress DV AVI anyway, so I'll have to find a way to export it in a different format in Premiere.
Mocker
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:53 PM       
CRAP

I decided to just let the aspect ratio troubles slide, and compressed it with Dr. DivX. And now, after four hours of compression, the first ten seconds of the video were cut off, but the sound wasn't harmed in any way. So now the audio is about ten seconds out of sync. Anybody know how to avoid this?