Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM        Mortasheen.
Now, first of all, I need to say that the creatures that I will talk about today are not my own, but rather that of a friend of mine, the brilliant Johnathan Wojcik of bogleech.com, which I highly reccomend you check out. I beleive he's actually a member of this forum, under the name Scythemantis.

Basically, it's Mr. Wojcik's version of a Pokemon-type collectible-monsters series, and it's really fucked up. The mascot monster of the series, it's "Pikachu" if you will, is a little duck-thing covered in bandages with a chainsaw for a beak called "Chainsaw Kid". Most of the zombie-based monsters usually come from when zombies attempts to mate (Like the Zyghast, a gigantic killer fetus), there is an entire class of monsters devoted to Brundlefly-style human-insect hybrids and there is a killer TV monster and a killer toilet monster. There is also a large amount of monsters such as these that can control swarms of things, horrible body-horror parasites like these guys over here, a Hentaicle monster with an unusual twist at the end of it's profile, and there are the Devilbirds who's pretty much sole purpose in life is to fuck with your emotions and drive you insane. You can find the total list of monsters, with links to the profiles here, with some backstory about it here.

What do you think? Does the guy have a really creative mind or no?

:EDIT: And yes, my avatar is the Chainsaw Kid. I just really like the guy's art.

Last edited by 90's Child : Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 01:32 AM       
Good work, Johnathan.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:43 AM       
Um, I'm not Johnithan. Like I said, he goes on this board under the name Scythemantis.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 04:32 PM       
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM       
{Sigh}

My name is not Johnithan Wojcik, and I have never claimed to be thereof, which would not only be taking false credit for his briliant creations but also completely wrong. My name is Thomas Franklin Johnson, age 16, living in Tucson, Arizona. And I am not Johnithan Wojcik. I am not near as tallented an artist as him, in fact I outright suck at drawing, but I do consider myself a pretty good writer, and in fact would probably post some of my own writings on here (Which are not fanfiction, so don't worry) if I wasn't so afraid of scorn and mockery from the people of this forum, and my style of writing is very different from his. So please stop calling me Johnithan.

Let's just put this business behind us and just talk about what this topic was established for, mainly to give your opinions on the Mortasheen setting and creatures.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM       
Is that so? How CONVENIENT that your last name starts with the same four letters as JOHNATHAN WOJCIK!
First Insect Politician
scythemantis is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM       
I googled the title out of curiosity and this popped up. Hoo boy.

Honestly, I don't know how this wound up with a circle of hardcore "fans" who spam it around. I just enjoy drawing monsters - not even that well - and came up with an arbitrary title and setting so I could shoehorn them into a coherent concept. It's not a serious "project," it's not meant to be anything more than a way to categorize my crappy little doodles and it's kind of awkward that the same three or four people people spam it around and treat it like it's a franchise. I don't know how it wound up on TVtropes.

I haven't posted on I-mockery in years, I had to remake my account.

Incidentally, my first name is spelled "Jonathan."
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM       
Hardcore fans?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM       
Whatever you say 90's Child.
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM       
By "circle" I mean that there are maybe three people who identify themselves as my "fans" despite the fact that my website is a small, mostly personal thing that I'm not all that proud of. The only part I like showing around are some of my newer biology articles, I don't think of myself as an artist and most of the site was made when I was a teenager. Over half my meager traffic comes from a page I put up of metroid graphics when I was still into video games but somehow I've picked up a couple e-stalkers.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM       
I like your werewolf novels better to tell you the truth.
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM       
I've never written about werewolves, they're one of my least favorite monster archetypes alongside vampires, dragons and demons.

This guy asked me to review his werewolf story but my computer couldn't even open it, and I'm not sure what would make my opinion so special anyway.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:25 PM       
DUPLCIATE ACCOUNTS ARE AGAISENT THE RULES
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:41 PM       
Aw for fuck's sake, HERE, I made a thing so this doesn't occur a third time.

It should be pretty obvious from my writing both on bogleech and cracked that I'm not 90skid.

I'm not even a 90'skid, having grown into my double digits on a diet of Muppet Babies, Ghostbusters (the real ones, not the ones with the ape) and Inspector Gadget.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM       
Where are the werewolves?
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM       
Werewolves are just furries before the internet invented a word for them.
First Insect Politican
bogleech is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM       
I am the real Jonathan, this guy is an imposter.
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM       
Touché.
Except I've updated my ID page thingy.

But seriously, what could I do to confirm that I'm the really for-real guy who runs my website and 90skid is some sort of parapubescent stalker who incessantly follows my internet presence?

He's sent me extensive e-mails arguing in detail about how and why I should add werewolves to my art projects and Flash cartoons, all of which maintain a semblance of sci-fi horror, not fantasy horror, so werewolves wouldn't even make sense.

Oddly enough he does not seem to be registered on my own forums, unless he's lurking and afraid I'll ban him.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM       
A picture of your sister will do it for me, I can't speak for the others though.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
Thomas Franklin Johnson

HA HA HA HAH A HAHA

HA
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM       
I'm an only child. I have a mother, but she's extremely unattractive.

How about this half-minute flash doodle I made the other day of a mummy fucking an octopus?

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM       
I'll believe anything just don't draw anymore.
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM       
You seem to have mistakenly put a "don't" and a second "any" in that post!

Have one of 90schild's e-mails to me:

Quote:
First off, I have a favor I'd like to request of you. You area person whom I respect as a writer and an artist, so I was wondering if you could take a look at my (currently very much unfinished, without the villaisn even beign introduced) story I was writing. I am a young writer (about age 17), and I want to take up writing as a career, so I ned all the help I can get. Although most people who've commented on it liked it, the majority of the people on the I-Mockery fiorums were... very hateful of it, including one guy who said "YOUR WRITING IS MEDIOCRE, YOUR CHARACTERS ARE UNISPIRED, YOU REUSE WORDS, PEPOLE WANT CHARACTERS DESCRIBED IN THE TEXT, NOT IN A SEPRATE PROFILE, AND YOUR PLOT IS BORING TRIPE THAT HAS BEEN USED A THOUSAND TIMES." So, with that in mind, I need to know how to improve it. So that's why I'm coming to you to ask for your opinion on it. And I know you have plenty of time, unlike other people I've asked, because you're unemployed.

And also, I had an idea for a little trade. You know those Lycanthropes (Althoguh they should be called therianthropes because Lycanthrope only refers to the wolf-based ones) youtsaid you would never draw, buty I had an idea. Why not do a poster for different lycanthropes in exchange for me writing a Mortasheen story for you? BEcause there are some things I was wondering about your conceptions of were-creatures.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM       
This thread has just become slightly more interesting.
First Insect Politician
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:32 PM       
It's not going to become much more interesting since I probably deleted everything else he's ever sent me.

One time he spent a few weeks simultaneously pestering me and the creator of headinjurytheater.com, (Jared) trying to get us to collaborate on something. He had the brilliant idea that I should write a weekly webcomic and Jared should illustrate it. Really, just like that. He thought he could tell two unrelated webmasters to initiate a huge long-term project together. Jared and I don't even talk, he's awesome but we've exchanged maybe three or four e-mails, ever.